cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: App Plays Automatically Upon Launch

Amy601
Local Performer

What can I do to prevent Pandora from playing automatically even if the app is closed and/or paused. I am on an IOS and Apple Watch. It seems that if I go to look at even just the time on either device the pandora app couple automatically turn on. 

I would hate to delete the app but might need to if it keeps happening, especially at horrible moments.

thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
33 Replies

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act

Oh please. We’ve been getting this boilerplate for months. You guys have a problem and you need to fix it. I’m seriously considering converting to another music service because you guys seem to be circling the drain, software wise anyway.

This has already been tried multiple times. I just did it again and I absolutely guarantee you it will make no difference at all. We are not idiots - I work in IT for crying out loud — this is not the 20th century we are in the third decade of the 21st century and everybody knows to do these things before reaching out to customer support.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Dub_G
Underground

This doesn’t fix the issue!!!!! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Dub_G. 👋

Thanks for your post.

Looks like you're upgraded to Premium and should have the ability to adjust this setting.

If you're still having trouble after disabling Auto-Start and reinstalling didn't help, could you please share your device details? 

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Are you using any Bluetooth devices or CarPlay when this occurs? 

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Average-Joe
Local Performer

2023 and this solution still doesn’t work.  Deleting app, can’t tolerate this aggressive app design and lack of caring from the vendor.

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act

I almost deleted it today. I came so close. I was trying to work on my Spanish app in the car as I was driving and Pandora decided I was done listening to Spanish now it’s time to listen to their music. But it only did it once so I didn’t delete it yet because I really don’t want to lose all my stations and I want them to fix their problems because I think they’re better than the rest of the guys. Except for their software developers and their terrible terrible customer service. I really think they should stop charging me while the app isn’t working but that’s a different issue. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Average-Joe. 👋

Thanks for your post and feedback around this. 

At this time, only Plus and Premium subscribers can adjust the auto-start setting. If you'd like to see this option for all listeners, feel free to share your suggestion here: Ideas

If the Pandora app is playing without being prompted or you launching the app, please let me know as this would require troubleshooting and escalating to our engineering team.

For instance, if music starts playing without you clicking on the Pandora app or launching it, I would recommend these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

I look forward to hearing back. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

TheDarqueness
Local Performer

The solution provided here only works with Bluetooth. If you came here because Pandora continues to automatically open in CarPlay, you need to go to iPhone settings - General - CarPlay, and remove Pandora. You will have to control It a Dora via your phone, but it will not automatically open.

0 Kudos

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act
I can try this but to the best of my knowledge Pandora does not work in my older car without being plugged into my phone with a physical cable via CarPlay. Bluetooth only works for certain things but maybe something has changed. This problem has been going on for so many years nothing would surprise me at this point.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

redermint
Local Performer

there ain't no "Advanced" in your settings menu

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @redermint 

Welcome to community!

The advanced tab can be locating within Settings in the Pandora app. From here you can customize some settings, such as Auto-Lock, AutoPlay and Auto-Start.

From the Pandora app, visit Profile > Settings > Scroll down to Advanced

I've included a screenshot below:

Advanced Tab.jpeg

While this thread is specific to iOS device, I see that you're on an Android, the steps should be the same.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Nunnya
Local Performer

Stop posting the same **ahem** answer! It is obviously not working. People have repeatedly told you it doesn't work and you keep replying back with the same answer. Stop it! Come up with a better solution than that.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Nunnya. 👋

Sorry for any confusion.

This setting is only available for Plus and Premium subscribers. 

If you'd like to see this option implemented for all tiers, feel free to create an idea here. I'm sure other community friends would be interested in this as well.

If you're having trouble with this setting as a paid subscriber on your iOS device, please let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act

They never fixed this, but they expect you to use the app INSTALLED IN YOUR CAR. It's difficult to do while driving and of course does nothing for people with older cars and cars that don't update automatically. They need to fire the entire programming dept and start over. NOTHING works right half the time.

0 Kudos

bbasalla45
Local Performer

It is so so so annoying that you haven’t fixed the auto launch     It’s been happening so much more.   Deleting your stupid app

0 Kudos