cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: App Plays Automatically Upon Launch

Amy601
Local Performer

What can I do to prevent Pandora from playing automatically even if the app is closed and/or paused. I am on an IOS and Apple Watch. It seems that if I go to look at even just the time on either device the pandora app couple automatically turn on. 

I would hate to delete the app but might need to if it keeps happening, especially at horrible moments.

thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Le501. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing iOS thread: Pandora plays automatically. Please check out my post about Pandora playing automatically here.

You can manage your settings in order to prevent Pandora from starting immediately when you launch the app.

To view your Auto-Start setting from a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile and select the Settings gear in the top right corner. 
  2. Select Advanced.

In the meantime, I've noted your feedback about this and will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate party. I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Amy601. 👋

I completely understand how frustrating this must be. First, I would recommend exiting the Pandora app on your device when you're done with your listening session.

• To fully shut down the Pandora app, press the Home button twice to bring up the list of currently running apps. (If you're on an iPhone X, use your finger to swipe up from the bottom of your screen, and hold the gesture until the other apps appear). Also, if you aren't currently in the Pandora app when you do this, you may need to swipe the screen to the left or right until you find Pandora.
  • Once you see Pandora, swipe the preview up and it will disappear. The app is now completely closed.

++

Even if the app is paused, it shouldn't play unless prompted. Please try uninstalling / reinstalling the app using these steps.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

Le501
Local Performer

This is STILL an issue and has been since the app was released. The **ahem** thing automatically starts playing as soon as I plug into a USB device! I have an iPhone and plug it in through lightning to usb on my boat radio. As soon as it plugs in Fing pandora automatically starts. Even when the app is NOT open. Many people are upset about this and have been complaining for YEARS!! I’m out! Screw you pandora for being so arrogant! 

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Le501. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing iOS thread: Pandora plays automatically. Please check out my post about Pandora playing automatically here.

You can manage your settings in order to prevent Pandora from starting immediately when you launch the app.

2. Select Advanced.

In the meantime, I've noted your feedback about this and will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate party. I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

thunderspeak
Local Performer

This is not "solved". This has been a problem for years with no resolution. It is duplicitous of you as a company to say that.  Why is this app riddled with so many unfixed bugs? It is not worth the money, and it's no wonder ppl have stopped paying. I will be uninstalling it

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@thunderspeak You should be able to manage your settings to prevent Pandora from starting immediately when you launch the app.

2. Select Advanced.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos