cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: App Shuts Down after Incoming Call

Hijo0108
Underground

Whenever I pause my station the app closes if I exit the app it doesn't resume plying the song . Also if I answer a call it will close and restart the station 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
41 Replies

Pfred
Underground

I didn’t mention that after pausing the music or taking the AirPod out to talk to someone, the app will go white like it’s refreshing (just like I’ve relaunched the app) and the song I’m listening to will not be the same as when I left it. 

Any update on a patch or software update for this?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Pfred We've recently released an update for iOS, version 2001.1. This update may help with some of the trouble you've been having. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TheCaliNative
Local Performer

I've had the same Pandora account for 10 years and between 2009 and 2013 Pandora never closed when I switched through apps, now i can't exactly tell when things started going weird with pandora but yeah, it started closing with the shortest amount of time using something like chrome to do a quick search, Google assist or using the Mic to do a text message. I finish 2 minutes of side stuff and look up to the pull down bar and its gone, right in the middle of a good song, it gets me everytime.

Pfred
Underground

It’s good to go- thank you😊

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it @Pfred! 🎉

Let us know if you have trouble again in the future! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheCaliNative If you haven't yet already, I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed here

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

cccentipede
Local Performer

None of these basic troubleshooting steps help.  This happens mostly when I have a bluetooth device connected. The lock screen and widget controls don't work at all after pausing.   Any pause leads to having to go back into the app and then either unpause from there, skip to the next song or close or restart the app.  It is unpredictable as to which step is required.  

• Device & Generation: iPhone X
  • Carrier: Sprint
  • iOS version: 13.2.3 
  • Pandora version: 2001.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening? Doesn't seem to amtter whether on wifi, 3G or LTE
  • If you are using a bluetooth device when this happens, what is the make and model of that specific device? Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cccentipede Thanks so much for providing these helpful details.

I'm reporting this over our engineering team for further review.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Kaylper14
Local Performer

Ok so I've got the most recent update, done all your troubleshooting, etc and I'm still having this issue. When will there be a resolution

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaylper14 Our support team has enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

Please run through these steps once more, and if you continue to experience issues, please follow up with some additional information about your device:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 7 Plus, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?
  • If you are using a bluetooth device when this happens, what is the make and model of that specific device?

Thanks for all your help with this! 

0 Kudos

lorileann
Local Performer

this was January, it's now June and I found this because I'm having the same issue. are they even planning to fix this?? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lorileann Nice to see you around the community. 😄

Please try running through our suggested Troubleshooting for iOS Devices, and if you continue to experience issues, please follow up with some additional information about your device:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 7 Plus, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?
  • If you are using a bluetooth device when this happens, what is the make and model of that specific device?

Thanks for all your help with this! 

0 Kudos

funnybones7
Local Performer

Are you still having problems? I was having the same issue.. crossing fingers but I just uninstalled the app and waited a couple of minutes and re-installed and logged back in and it works.. so far.. crossing fingers

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @funnybones7. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience regarding this issue. If you notice anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

In the meantime, happy listening! 🎵

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Jack64
Local Performer

My Pandora app shuts down and needs to be manually restarted when I receive an incoming call.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Jack64. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

If you haven't already, I would first recommend running through the standard iOS troubleshooting steps. You can find the steps here.

++

If the steps don't help, would you mind sharing more information about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Rdcotterman
Underground

I am using a Bluetooth helmet, and pioneer radio, after I either answer or make a call the music will not restart

I am using iPhone 12 15.6 iOS version

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Rdcotterman! Welcome to community!

Sounds like Pandora isn't able to resume when backgrounded by the phone call. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

Can you let me know:

• The make and model of your Bluetooth helmet.
  • The Pandora version you're on: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) Note: The latest version of Pandora is 2207.2. If you're not on the latest version, update the Pandora app and try once more.
  • Have you noticed this only happening when connected to the helmet or other Bluetooth enabled devices?

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Rdcotterman
Underground

The helmet is a Bilt Techno 2.0, it happens with it and a stereo in the car

versio 2206.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @Rdcotterman! 🙌 I've passed along these details to the engineering team investigating. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport