cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Downloaded Playlist Keeps Deleting

JenThomas
Local Performer

I have Pandora Premium and downloaded a playlist to listen to offline.  I keep having issues with the downloaded playlist being "undownloaded" and not available for offline use.  I know I can go back and re-download but I have 900 songs on my playlist and it takes a while.  Any ideas as to why a downloaded playlist suddenly isn't downloaded anymore?  This has happened to me multiple times and it's very frustrating!

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Labels (1)
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @JenThomas. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. Thanks so much for posting about this on the Pandora Community.

Could you provide a few more details for me?

• What is the make and model of your mobile device?
  • Which playlist did you download?
  • Also, have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Lastly, have you signed out of the Pandora app, uninstalled/reinstalled, or been in offline mode for over 30 days? 

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

JenThomas
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora 

I currently have an iPhone 12 Pro, I had the same issue with my iPhone 7 plus.

I downloaded "My Thumbs Up" playlist.

Nope, no error messages at all, I just tried to play my playlist offline and it wasn't there so I went and checked and it was no longer downloaded.

Nope, the last time I was signed out of the app was when I upgraded to my new phone (around early October) and I listen to Pandora almost every day and play multiple stations (online) on both phone and my laptop.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JenThomas Thanks for confirming. 

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as much content as we can before we hit that limit.

++

My Thumbs Up Playlist:

We have received multiple reports about My Thumbs Up playlists being removed (but not by the user). For example, we have this existing community thread: My Thumbs Up Playlist Deleted but Not By Me - however, your issue sounds a bit different.

Just to clarify, this only happens with your My Thumbs Up playlist, correct?

Also, would you mind providing the following info? I'd like to share this with our engineering team.

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12 Pro
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Moto420dude
Local Performer

I have the same ussue. Constantly have to re-download. I dont know why i pay for this sh*t. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Moto420dude. 👋

Could you share more about your experience?

Are your downloaded playlists disappearing? 

Have you signed out of the Pandora app, uninstalled/reinstalled, or been in offline mode for over 30 days? 

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Travelfreek
Local Performer

I’ve been having this issue for the last 2 years - now today the forth time and on different iOS phones.  All downloaded music disappears.  This starts when I go to open the app after using it the day before and it ask me to sign in - I never signed out or reloaded the app.  Then once I sign back in it’s all gone poof like a fart in the wind.  Extremely aggravating 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Travelfreek 👋

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post! 🎉

I completely understand your frustration and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Just a little background on our Offline Mode, when a user is signed out, the app will remove all their downloads, once signing back in, Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content.

However, it seems like you were signed out unintentionally on your iOS device, which caused this issue to occur.

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can take a closer look at what's going on. In addition, we have an internal ticket with our engineers about this specific issue (listeners randomly signed out) and I would like to report this to them.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

bruski
Local Performer

This has happened to me as well although a couple months ago now.  Was this a system issue? 

I have iPhone 11 pro, I never log out of Pandora -at least not on my own.  As I stated, a couple months ago was the last time this happened.  I now leave my iPhone in "off-line" mode as I live in a rural area with sketchy cell coverage.  I have many playlists downloaded and it has happened to all of them all at once or sometimes just my 2800+ song "Thumbs Up" list and a couple others. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bruski!

If all your offline content was removed at once, it sounds like you may have been in offline for more than 30 days.

It's important to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network every 30 days so we can re-authorize access. This connection will also help us update your stations and record your thumb feedback to improve them. If you remain in Offline Mode for 30 days or more your offline stations will be removed automatically.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Travelfreek
Local Performer
That was not the issue or cause, was something else but has been good for
over a year now.
0 Kudos

bruski
Local Performer
Well, that would have been good to know ahead of time. I typically leave