cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Equalizer app for Pandora

esskaykay
Local Performer

Is Denon Audio app compatible with Pandora on an iPhone w/iOS15? 

I am looking for some way to EQ Pandora as I am very displeased with the sound (volume, bass, etc.). 

I have played with Denon for a short while but do not see how or if this works with my iPhone. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve K.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@esskaykay Nice to see you around the Community.

We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases unlike terrestrial radio, which may equalize or compress the entire broadcast. This can result in some volume differences between songs.

While we don't currently provide a built-in equalizer for the Pandora application, you can upvote this existing feature request if you'd like to see one added to the service: Adjustable / Visual Equalizer

If you'd like to use an equalizer, there are some third-party applications available for equalizing audio from any source on your computer or mobile device. However, Pandora does not officially support these apps.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@esskaykay Nice to see you around the Community.

We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases unlike terrestrial radio, which may equalize or compress the entire broadcast. This can result in some volume differences between songs.

While we don't currently provide a built-in equalizer for the Pandora application, you can upvote this existing feature request if you'd like to see one added to the service: Adjustable / Visual Equalizer

If you'd like to use an equalizer, there are some third-party applications available for equalizing audio from any source on your computer or mobile device. However, Pandora does not officially support these apps.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

esskaykay
Local Performer

I've been looking for something like this but have been unsuccessful.  Could you please provide a few links to some of these third-party apps or at least give me the name of such so I can locate these?

Thanks,
Steve K.

mggpatt
Local Performer

I agree, need some names for apps to try whether Pandora supports them or not. Thanks

TCgg
Local Performer

Pandora seems tp be unaware that we are not looking to alter the music from teh pristine version they send out, but to adjust it for the phone's speakers, which, with an iPhone, and quite bright with sibilance. Ignoring this has me considering a different phone or a different content provider.  IN other words, may be bye bye Pandora.  

richsadams
Underground

Over a year with more than 300 up votes and no solution.

Has anyone discovered a third-party EQ app that will work for an iPhone's output when playing Pandora?

Spotify has an EQ built in. I've been a Pandora user since almost day one, but being able to customize my sound has me thinking about switching.