cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Minimum Specs

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 04/14/2020: As of Pandora version 2004.1, Pandora will no longer support iOS 11 for iPhone.

To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device’s Settings, go to General, About, and Version. If you are running a version older than iOS 12, you will need to update your device’s operating system (OS). Please refer to this article on how to do that

What does this mean for you?

• Question: If I’m not able to update my OS, will I still be able to listen to Pandora?
    Answer: Yes, you’ll still be able to listen to Pandora on your iOS device as long as you do not remove the app from the device. 

• Question: What if I have to remove the app or if I have to restore my iOS device?
    Answer: Unfortunately, you won’t be able to download the Pandora app on an iOS device running iOS 11 or earlier. Previous versions of the app are not available for download. 

• Question: Will I still receive future feature updates?
    Answer: Since new features are released with the new updates of Pandora, they will not be available on unsupported devices.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Doug2 I moved your post to this thread since it is more in line with the issue you are reporting: iOS Minimum Specs

As of Pandora version 2004.1, Pandora will no longer support iOS 11 or below for iPhone.

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to download the Pandora app on an iOS device running iOS 11 or earlier. Previous versions of the app are not available for download. 

If you have a computer, you should still be able to log into your account and stream Pandora here

I hope this helps explain.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Doug2
Local Performer

I have an older iPod touch, operating version 4.2.1 and do not see any way to update its operating system or version.  When I attempt to down load the Pandora App it alerts me that "This App is incompatible With this iPod touch".  

I am a long time pay for use customer and long time Pandora subscriber  with many 'likes and dislikes' stored up. 

I use Pandora on many different devices, new and old, and it has always worked just fine.  I really need Pandora to operate on my many older devices, including a Blackberry.  

Can you recommend a solution other than throwing away all my old devices and getting new ones or finding a different music streaming service?  

Thanks , Doug D.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Doug2 I moved your post to this thread since it is more in line with the issue you are reporting: iOS Minimum Specs

As of Pandora version 2004.1, Pandora will no longer support iOS 11 or below for iPhone.

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to download the Pandora app on an iOS device running iOS 11 or earlier. Previous versions of the app are not available for download. 

If you have a computer, you should still be able to log into your account and stream Pandora here

I hope this helps explain.