cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Music Stops After Ad Plays using AirPlay

davidacox
Opening Act

I have a similar problem (or it may be the same problem, but with an additional observation). My airplay stream will work fine until a commercial break happens. The commercials play properly, but when the music is supposed to start, the player on my phone shows that things are working properly, but no audio is sent to the airplay device. If I leave it in that state, the audio will start again after the NEXT commercial set plays. So it is as if the player as set is volume to 0, or muted itself between commercial breaks. This only happens over airplay streaming, and only from my iOS device. Attempts to adjust the volume does not have an effect.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
108 Replies

FPD
Local Performer

Not working here either. Downloaded latest version of pandora and using AirPlay on iPhone 10 with latest apple software. Have done all the troubleshooting. It’s obvious that pandora doesn’t care as this is the free version. As soon as the ads run the next song shows as it’s playing but no sound. Extremely frustrating 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thank you for your post, @FPD. I've added your experience to the internal ticket we have open. 

I understand how frustrating this is. We appreciate your patience while this is worked on. When I have an update, I will post on this thread. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Snowboardxt12
Local Performer

I am also having this issue. Very few times will it resume after commercials but it never plays the commercials. 

I am connected to a Sony Bravia TV then connected to a Bose Sound Bar via HMDI through ARC. 

iOS: 16.0.3

Pandora: 2210.1

Most often I have to wait for the commercial break to end, then I press play in Pandora to resume.  

Sometimes I must kill the app and start again. This only happens when I’m using AirPlay. Otherwise, no issues. 

0 Kudos

Arkie1
Opening Act

This has never been fixed. Pandora will not work with Air Play as it will stop playing after commercials and sometimes play music again after 3 to 5 songs.  

Air Play works great with Apple, Spotify, Amazon Music.  

Been broken since December of 2021 and reinstalling updating IPhone will not resolve this problem.  

Air Play just broken with IOS.  I have 5 IOS devices and 4 Air Play devices and all have same issue.  

I really done understand why this has not been fixed.  

0 Kudos

Larry-G
Underground
I have the same set up as you with the same issues , tried all suggested remedies, no luck.

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos

Buddd2000
Local Performer

Any resolution here?? The first post on this thread was from months ago. This problem is quite annoying.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Buddd2000 If you haven't already done so, I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues with playback after an advertisement, I can report your feedback to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Does this occur after a specific ad or does this happen after all ads?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Buddd2000
Local Performer
I have. How do we resolve this? Why has there been no resolution after many months??

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Buddd2000 From our end, it doesn't appear those steps have been completed yet.

Please make sure to uninstall/reinstall the app following the steps here: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues with playback after an advertisement, I can report your feedback to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Does this occur after a specific ad or does this happen after all ads?

Thanks again!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos