cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: New Playlist Not Showing in Collection

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi, I just created a new playlist called,  " Tuesday night dance ",  this afternoon and so far tonight at 11 pm it has not showing up on my iPhone 11.

I'm getting a bit anxious as I need it for a dance class on Tuesday.   Any idea why it's not showing.

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Adam,   thanks for the suggestions but I didn't want to delete my Pandora app and reload it again.   I've tried it before and it takes too long  to get everything  back to the way it was.

Instead I just transferred the music from  the bad playlist  and moved the music to a playlist that was already on  my iphone.   It worked out ok,  I then  deleted the bad playlist that wouldn't transfer.   

View solution in original post

29 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad To clarify, is that the only playlist that is missing from your collection on your iPhone?

I see it when launching your account on a computer:

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 5.18.55 AM.png

Or are all of your playlists missing on your phone?

Also, please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Adam,  thanks for the quick response.

Yes it is the only playlist missing from my collection on my iphone.
Could you tell me just what it is that you want me to send a screenshot of.
I have to scroll through my list of Playlists in order to see that it is missing.  

I did delete two of my old playlists last night while I was on my computer and 
 my iphone showed  almost immediately that they had been deleted
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries about the screenshot, @daleslad.

I moved your post over to the iOS space since this issue sounds specific to your phone.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Adam,   thanks for the suggestions but I didn't want to delete my Pandora app and reload it again.   I've tried it before and it takes too long  to get everything  back to the way it was.

Instead I just transferred the music from  the bad playlist  and moved the music to a playlist that was already on  my iphone.   It worked out ok,  I then  deleted the bad playlist that wouldn't transfer.   

tanzbaum
Underground

“Summer 2022” playlist, please. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tanzbaum I'm showing that playlist is still in your collection:

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 4.26.32 AM.png

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end?

Thanks for the help!

tanzbaum
Underground

9EFD95BE-8896-4260-8455-A844607AE583.jpeg

Mayor,

Thank you for your reply and inquiry. 

Have confirmed “Summer 2022” has not transitioned Beyond; lives on via laptop 🙌🏼 .  Deleted Pandora on iOS, reinstalled: still no “Summer 2022 (ref: attachment). 

Please help bring jams to Street. 

Warmly,

tanzbaum

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tanzbaum I moved your post over to the iOS space since this issue appears to be specific to your phone.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

tanzbaum
Underground

TY @AdamPandora appreciate your concern and action. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @tanzbaum.

When you have the chance, could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

MRVeale
Underground

I created a new playlist on my desktop using browser. It did not replicate to my iPad (7th gen) and iPhone 12.  Following the above advice (delete/reinstall apps) worked on the iPhone but not the iPad. I have naturally assumed that Pandora had any propagation/syncing logic issues worked by now. I haven't audited/compared my desktop and IOS device selected and created content as yet but obviously, I am concerned.

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @MRVeale 👋

Thanks for trying out our iOS Troubleshooting Steps as a first step to getting your playlists on to your iOS devices.

Would you mind telling me which playlist from your collections isn't replicating on your iPad so I can take a closer look?

In addition, I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your iPad?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:

Thanks for your help and working with us on this! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

MRVeale
Underground
Nothing works. As I stated earlier the playlist propagates to my iPhone but NOT the iPad. Both are updated to latest version of IOS. The playlist was’t on my iPad. I deleted the app and reloaded it and it still isn’t on the iPad. I am on IOS 16.1.1 on both devices. One works a d the other doesn’t. Both were rebooted.

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @MRVeale 

To continue our conversation, I moved your post on to this thread iOS: New Playlist Not Showing in Collection.

I took a screenshot of your playlists from your "My Collections" page, can you tell me which playlist isn't appearing on your iPad?

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 8.45.32 AM.png

In addition, on your iPad, can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing on the Playlists page?

• To take a screenshot on an iPad:
    • Press and hold the lock button (the button on the top right side) and the home button (the circular button on the bottom of your device) at the same time.
    • In your next reply, click on the camera icon to add the screenshot as an attachment to your post.

Let us know so we can take a deeper look and if needed, report this to our engineers.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

MRVeale
Underground
Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MRVeale It doesn't look like any images were included in your last message.

Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments.

To provide a screenshot, click on the camera icon located in the Reply box as shown below:

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 4.15.04 AM.png

Thanks again for your help with this.

0 Kudos

MRVeale
Underground

Well, I cannot figure out how to upload a pic I created with the following:

Table of playlist content in web, iPad and iPhone

Screenshots of above playlist contents

ABOUT info for iPad and iPhone

Message I receive with trying to move pic file to reply area is "You do not have permission to upload images". Clicking on the camera icon asks for info that does not include seek the name/location of the pic file and I have no idea how to determine dimensions, etc. There has to be an easier way.

By the way, I went to the effort of creating one pic file from 10 I took from the devices because your sites instructions indicate a limit of ONE pic per message. And I can't even send you the pic.

0 Kudos

MRVeale
Underground

Pandora photos (mveale@aol.com).jpg

Tried again and succeeded

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @MRVeale.

Can you also let us know the name of the playlist that is missing from your iPad?

0 Kudos