cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Not Playing on my iPad

juliewa
Local Performer

my ipad won't play pandora all of a sudden.  the icon is showing a (2) next to it but when i tap on the icon, pandora pops up then it goes back to the page of icons.  it was playing fine until now.  i've rebooted the ipad and my internet connection but nothing is working.  i have paid for a premium account so this is disappointing.  what else do i need to do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@juliewa Sorry about that! The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 11.

• To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 
  • If you are running a version older than iOS 11, you will need to update your device's operating system (OS). Please refer to this article on how to do that
  • Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

Hope this information is helpful.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @juliewa. 👋

I moved your post over to the iOS board to keep the community organized. Sorry for the trouble with the Pandora app on your iPad device.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. 

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

juliewa
Local Performer

i tried this and it told me that pandora was not compatible with my ipad. dang it.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@juliewa Sorry about that! The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 11.

• To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 
  • If you are running a version older than iOS 11, you will need to update your device's operating system (OS). Please refer to this article on how to do that
  • Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

Hope this information is helpful.

0 Kudos

Ajellinek
Local Performer

Actually it was working fin3 on my iPad but 5he last few days it stops playing my station after 10 minutes or so. I have to hit play again and it keeps happenin

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ajellinek If you haven't yet already, please run through the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora provided in her message above to see if that resolves the issue.

If that doesn't help, I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Settings & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?

Also, are you experiencing this in locations where you used to be able to listen without issue?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

Cashmore
Local Performer

Do you have to update your GB? This happened to  me on my iPad and I got a message on my iPhone from Google saying I am out of GB... maybe we both need to buy more GB... so I'm asking the Help Bot if 50 GB is enough... a I've been using is almost ten years old, I'm thinking that's the problem.

How much GB should I buy to support the Pandora Plus that I just bought? Is 50 GB enough since my iPad is an old one? I've had it since Dec. 2013. Thanks

Well, then let's hope that we don't get charged for it... since most of us who have bought Pandora but dont have enough iOS on ONE device most likely don't have enough iOS on their other devices... Gosh, what a pathetic situation I find myself in!

Yup...not enough s happened to me, too OS either that or device can't support it for any other reason; this happened to me too and all my devices are old; although my iPhone is newer but only 6th Gen. So, unfortunately we probably have to get a new device... either a new iPad or iPhone. I cannot afford any of that right now. Sigh

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cashmore The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 13. To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 

If you are running a version older than iOS 13, you will need to update your device's operating system (OS). Please refer to this article on how to do that

Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device. Previous versions of the Pandora app are not available for download. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Koinonia
Local Performer

My account will not open on my ipad

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Koinonia. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Could you share more about what is happening?

• Would you need assistance with resetting your password?
  • Have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Do you have the Pandora app downloaded on your iPad? Or, are you having trouble downloading the app?

The more details you provide the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back. 🎧

0 Kudos

Koinonia
Local Performer

I have a working app on my lap top  will not let me login on ipad

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Koinonia I'm still having trouble understanding what is happening.

Can you please provide answers to the additional questions @AlyssaPandora requested in her previous message? Here they are again below:

• Have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Do you have the Pandora app downloaded on your iPad? Or, are you having trouble downloading the app?

Some additional questions I have for you are:

• Does the app on your iPad give you an error stating your email address or password is incorrect?
  • Or is the issue that the app will not load or open when tapping on it?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Koinonia
Local Performer

This is the reply I recieve when I try to login on my ipad-The page you are looking for may have been moved,updated,or deleted.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Koinonia Thanks for clarifying that with me.

You will need to install the app in order to sign into Pandora on your iPad.

You can find our app in the App Store on your device. Search for Pandora and tap Install.

You can also go to pandora.com on your phone or tablet's web browser, scroll down and select Get the App to install the app.

Downloading any app from the App Store will require that you enter the password for your Apple ID. Keep in mind that the email address and password for your Apple ID account may be different than your Pandora account.

Also, please be aware that Pandora requires iOS 14 or higher. If you are running iOS 13 or lower, you will need to update your iOS version.

If you're not sure how to update the OS on your phone, you can refer to this article for more help.

Once installed, you can then sign into your existing account using the email address and password associated with it.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Koinonia
Local Performer

I used my proper email and pass word from my existing account

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Koinonia Were you able to sign in using your email and password after installing the app on your iPad using the steps I provided above?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

MikeM1
Local Performer

That didn’t work for me. The app launches and then gets stuck on buffering, permanently.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MikeM1 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you please confirm the following:

• Which model iPad and generation?
  • iOS version?
  • Pandora version?
  • Are you on cellular or WiFi?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos