cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Not all playlists show in collection

trjonas
Opening Act

Hi AdamPandora,

Our exchange has been archived, but back in May you were very kind and restored many playlists for me that I had accidentally deleted and was heartbroken over. (I'm still grateful for this!)

My Pandora has been acting up lately and when this happened before, Pandora suggested that I uninstall the Pandora app on my iPhone and reinstall it, which worked. So I did that this time too, just today.

The only thing: ALL my playlists were still there when I reinstalled the app but one. It was one of the many you had restored for me. Is there any way you can restore it again? It's one of the ones I listen to the most. Its name is Sweet.

Thank you!!

Tiffany

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

trjonas
Opening Act

Solution!

Hi Adam and Gerald, I was able to get my missing playlists back on my iPhone! I prayed for it (to Jesus) and this is what happened. I'm passing it along in the hopes that if anyone else has this issue, it might also help them.

Quick background: So with this version of Pandora, Pandora assistant (I don't know what this is officially called) became available to me. When I first installed it, a little tutorial came up that said I could talk to the Pandora app and tell it what I wanted it to play, etc. I tried it and it brought up the song I wanted at the time, so nice. 🙂 

Then last night I was going to start rebuilding one of the short (two-song) playlists that had gone missing from my phone, and I asked Pandora assistant to bring up the first song by the title I remembered for it. Instead of bringing up the song, it recognized that it had also been the name of a playlist, and said it was bringing up that playlist, which it did! So then I had one playlist back. So I asked it to bring up "X playlist" for each of the three longer playlists that were missing from my phone, and each time it did. For these three playlists, I also downloaded them, just in case. 

This morning all four playlists Pandora brought back this way were showing on my phone again. Yeah!! I'll do these with the others too. 

So I'm all set! Yay! You know where my gratitude goes. 😄

Thank you also for being so willing to help me. I was already a big fan of AdamPandora, and now I'm a fan of yours too, Gerald. 🙂

View solution in original post

12 Replies

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @trjonas 👋

My name is Gerald and I'll be helping out AdamPandora for the rest of the day.

I was looking at the playlists on your account and I do see your "Sweet" playlist in your collections.

Is there another playlist you were interested in restoring? I saw a deleted playlist called "Sweet With Words". Could that be it?

Let me know!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

trjonas
Opening Act

Thank you, Gerald! ❤️

Thank you for being so thoughtful! Sweet with Words was actually another playlist. Let me check my Pandora app again! (I scrolled through all my playlists trying to find "Sweet" about 10 times but you never know, maybe there was a delay or something after the reinstall) 

Huh. No. "Sweet" is for sure not showing on my Pandora iPhone app. (I can send screenshots if that would be helpful) I'll try logging in on my MacBook to see if I can see it there.

Yes!! There it is, on my MacBook Pandora! (www.pandora.com/collection/playlists)

Do you happen to know how I can get it to show on my phone too? I usually use my phone to listen to Pandora. Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app again?

Thank you for your help!

Tiffany

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@trjonas Yes - I would recommend uninstalling/reinstalling the app if it isn't showing on your phone.

Let me know how it goes.

trjonas
Opening Act

Hi️Adam️! 

I did, but am having the same result. 

Also when I did this, I actually realized that two others of my playlists are also missing on my iPhone - old ones I never deleted - but they are also on my MacBook / online version of Pandora. This is so strange!

Do you have any other ideas as to how I can get these playlists to show on my iPhone too?

Thank you! Sorry for the trouble!

Tiffany

More info, just in case it helps (please disregard if it is irrelevant) ... I just went through all my playlists now on my iPhone and found many more are actually missing from it, but again, not from Pandora online in my MacBook browser.

There seems to be a pattern: the *nine playlists I had played on my phone most recently* are the ones missing from my phone but not from my MacBook. All the other ones beyond that are still showing on my iPhone Pandora app.

Again, just in case this helps! (Also I would like to get these other playlists back on my phone, of course.)

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@trjonas Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to the iOS space since the issue sounds specific to your iPhone.

Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of what you are seeing when sorting your collection by Playlists on your iPhone?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Additionally, what are the names of the playlists that are missing from that device?

Let me know.

trjonas
Opening Act

Hi Adam!

Yes! Screenshots attached to this reply. (I took them from the bottom up on my phone)

MISSING

The names of the playlists that are missing and that I need back are: 

- Sweet

- David Tolk Radio Thumbs Up (I added songs to this playlist, they weren't just my original thumbs up)

- Michael W. Smith Radio Thumbs Up (ditto)

- Without Words - Bethel Ins...

- Music Box Dancer

MISSING BUT I CAN EASILY REBUILD

- Forever (short; I rebuilt this one and Majesty and combined them into a new playlist, Majesty II, so don't need either of these back)

- Majesty (ditto)

- Write Your Story On My Heart (this was just one song so I can recreate it; no need to restore)

- Symphony (ditto - just two songs)

- Before The Morning (ditto)

IMG_4723.jpegIMG_4724.jpegIMG_4725.jpegIMG_4726.jpegIMG_4727.jpegIMG_4728.jpegIMG_4729.jpegIMG_4730.jpegIMG_4731.jpegIMG_4732.jpeg

GeraldPandora

Hi @trjonas 

Thanks for the follow-up and for providing those screenshots as it was very helpful.

I checked your account on my end from a web browser and I do see those playlists in your collections.

This may be a specific issue when updating to the latest iOS 16 version.

We recently opened an internal ticket with our engineering team and I'd like to pass along your feedback and device information. It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?
  • Do any other error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Thanks so much for your help with this.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

trjonas
Opening Act

Hi Gerald!

Sure! Answers:

• Device & Generation: iPhone 7
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • iOS version: 15.6.1
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) Version 2209.1
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? No, nothing else so far except that those nine were the ones I most recently played on my Pandora app before uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. They were all there before I uninstalled the Pandora app. (The problem I was having before I uninstalled the app was this: a few songs, always the same ones, would show but not play; also, if I stopped one song and pressed to play another song, Pandora would then play both songs simultaneously.)
  • Do any other error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say? No error messages pop up; those nine playlists are just missing from my playlists screen

Thank you for your help!

Tiffany

trjonas
Opening Act

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? 

Hi Gerald and Adam, I have no idea if this is applicable to this, but one other thing I realized this morning (I noticed it yesterday but thought it was just a fluke, until it happened again today) - certain songs are playing noticeably quieter now, that used to not play this way before I uninstalled and reinstalled the Pandora app. Even turning to max volume, they're still way quieter than before - too quiet. These songs used to play at the same volume as other songs. 

Anyway, in case this helps! If there's a way I can go back to a previous edition of Pandora or iOS and get my Pandora app back the way it used to be, I would love to do that. 

trjonas
Opening Act

Solution!

Hi Adam and Gerald, I was able to get my missing playlists back on my iPhone! I prayed for it (to Jesus) and this is what happened. I'm passing it along in the hopes that if anyone else has this issue, it might also help them.

Quick background: So with this version of Pandora, Pandora assistant (I don't know what this is officially called) became available to me. When I first installed it, a little tutorial came up that said I could talk to the Pandora app and tell it what I wanted it to play, etc. I tried it and it brought up the song I wanted at the time, so nice. 🙂 

Then last night I was going to start rebuilding one of the short (two-song) playlists that had gone missing from my phone, and I asked Pandora assistant to bring up the first song by the title I remembered for it. Instead of bringing up the song, it recognized that it had also been the name of a playlist, and said it was bringing up that playlist, which it did! So then I had one playlist back. So I asked it to bring up "X playlist" for each of the three longer playlists that were missing from my phone, and each time it did. For these three playlists, I also downloaded them, just in case. 

This morning all four playlists Pandora brought back this way were showing on my phone again. Yeah!! I'll do these with the others too. 

So I'm all set! Yay! You know where my gratitude goes. 😄

Thank you also for being so willing to help me. I was already a big fan of AdamPandora, and now I'm a fan of yours too, Gerald. 🙂

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for the update, @trjonas. Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else pops up. Have a great weekend! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

trjonas
Opening Act

Thank you, Alyssa!