cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Offline Downloads Disappeared after 2207.2

KentuckyHill
Local Performer

This happens to me all the time. I do not sign out & it gets on cellular within the time frame you suggest. I have an iphone 13, the latest update of both IOS & pandora. This seems to an ongoing problem for other users. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
18 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @KentuckyHill. 👋

I moved your post over to a separate thread since you're using a newer version of the Pandora app.

Yes, you can listen to your offline stations as long you'd like. However, it's important to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network every 30 days so we can re-authorize access. This connection will also help us update your stations and record your thumb feedback to improve them. If you remain in Offline Mode for 30 days or more your offline stations will be removed automatically.

Based on your initial message, it sounds like your issue doesn't fall under any of those categories. 

++

A new Pandora app version was just released (version 2207.2). I'd like to ensure that you're on this version. 

Could you confirm your exact device details? I'd like to add this to an internal ticket we have open with our engineers:

• Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

fluberoni
Local Performer

The same thing has happened randomly to me more times than I can count. I have the latest versions of both IOS and Pandora, but I am constantly having to redownload music.  It is incredibly frustrating,

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fluberoni As long as you aren't signing out of the app, and then signing back in, your downloads should remain in your collection.

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

wesb1960
Local Performer

Help...why did all my stations and artist disappear from my download off line list....had lots.....now all gone??

So I have tried re downloading...nothing works...just sits there...(Iphone)....I can download one track...but not stations, or lists.....have great wifi, have logged out and in more then 3 different times, no other devices on....why am I paying for premium if it wont work?   would like a solution...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @wesb1960. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your offline tunes. I understand how frustrating this can be.

Your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.

Or, is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

• If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.
  • If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.
  • If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Gansam91
Local Performer

Does anyone else just randomly loose there downloaded stations?every time I go to put on my off light it’s a gamble weather there station are there or not

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gansam91 I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Offline Downloads Disappeared after 2207.2

As long as you aren't signing out of the app, and then signing back in, your downloads should remain in your collection.

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Joshboni86
Local Performer

I have the same issue and it is getting incredibly annoying. I keep probably 2 dozen offline stations and they get reset all the time and I have to redownload. I see the mods in here posting the same worthless canned response to everyone asking the question… clearly they do not care. 

As far as I understand, they don’t want you to keep the music after canceling a subscription and so they have a 30 day timer that resets all downloads to make sure people aren’t stealing music. Personally, this feature has gotten too annoying for me to handle and I will be ending my subscription and moving over to Amazon music or another less annoying service.  Most of my listening is offline since I don’t have service. Just sat on an 8hr flight with no music because of this and am highly annoyed. 

0 Kudos

WP2B
Local Performer

Super frustrating when downloads disappear from my Apple Watch overnight. I have had to reload them no less than 3 times in the past week by reinstalling the Pandora App on my Watch. It seems to be the only way to get my downloads back. Yes, I have a Premium subscription with plenty of storage on my Watch... and since the problem happens way more often than the 30-day verification requirement, that does not appear to be the issue. It would be great if the Pandora Watch APP contained a "button" to force synch/resynch rather that making the user wait for the Watch/iPhone to start the process on their own. It would be even better if I didn't have to keep wasting time to reinstall my Pandora downloads on my Apple Watch every time I want to go for a run.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hey there @WP2B I understand how frustrating this could be and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can get a better understanding of what's going on.

However, If it doesn't appear to be storage related, let's try reseting the download process on your Apple Watch:

• Power off and restart your iPhone and Apple Watch.
  • Confirm your iPhone and Apple Watch are connected via Bluetooth and to the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Allow Pandora to refresh in background (Watch app on iPhone > General > Background App Refresh).
  • Dock your Apple Watch on its charger.

If the issue continues after waiting some time for the download process to begin, delete the app from your Apple Watch and then reinstall.

If the issue continues, could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. What iPhone model do you have?
  2. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Hope this was helpful, let me know how it goes.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

SevyV
Local Performer

I’m currently a Plus subscriber and my offline stations are not downloading. Yes I have space on my phone. Plenty. I’ve tried many of the suggested solutions above, clicking OFFLINE STATIONS on and off again. Didn’t work. I remove the app from my phone and downloaded again. Still the same. Why is not downloading off my wifi? There’s nothing wrong with my wifi. Everything connects. Why is this an issue?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @SevyV 

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your offline stations downloaded on your phone.

It seems like you've already attempted some of our troubleshooting steps to get your offline stations, but still having no luck with getting those stations downloaded.

Usually, for Pandora Plus users, Pandora will download up to three of your most-listened to stations as well as your Thumbprint Radio and make them available on your offline station list. By default, these stations will be downloaded while your device is connected to Wi-Fi, and we will never use the last 500 mb of storage on your device.

If you're having trouble downloading stations through your Wi-Fi, would you mind trying downloading the offline content through your mobile data?

To do so:

1. Go to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Settings gear and then Offline.
  3. Toggle the switch next to Download over cellular to opt-in to downloading your stations using cellular data.

Let us know if that works!

+++

However, we do have an internal ticket with our engineers about this issue and I would like to add your device details to that ticket. Can you please share the following:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for your help with this! :pandora:

0 Kudos

SevyV
Local Performer

I can download via my data, but why should I waste my data (not unlimited) when I should be able to download via wifi?

can this issue be fixed as soon as possible in the next update? I don’t wish to be paying over a service that I’m not receiving.

iPhone 11 Pro

AT&T

iOS: 16.1

Pandora: 2210.2

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hey @SevyV thanks for following up!

I understand how this could be frustrating not being able to download stations on WiFi and I understand how data can be limited, so no pressure for you to download your offline stations using your data.

However, I appreciate you providing your device details. I will pass this info along to our engineers on an open ticket we have for this issue. We appreciate your patience while we take a closer look.

Thanks for your help! 🤝

0 Kudos

WP2B
Local Performer
Thanks. I downloaded the latest Pandora ios update thinking that might fix whatever might be happening. I found I was still on the previous release. Since doing that about a week ago, my downloads are no longer disappearing… at least for a week anyway. They were disappearing within a day or two prior to the update. I’m hoping for the best.

Sent from my iPhone

GeraldPandora

Hi @WP2B Thanks for the update and glad to hear that worked! Let us know if anything changes!

Happy Listening! 🎧

0 Kudos

Buckhunter1955
Local Performer

I agree. Same thing has happened several times to me. I have plenty of storage. I have not logged out of Pandora. I have connected to pandora by WiFi within 30 days. 
Im very close to closing my pandora account and use Amazon. Very close. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Buckhunter1955 

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that your offline content goes missing.

Please try troubleshooting your offline settings to see if this will help. Please use follow these instructions on how to troubleshoot your offline content.

+++

We do have an internal ticket with our engineers about this issue and I would like to add your device details to that ticket. Can you please share the following:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos