Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Pandora Randomly Starts Playing

Sefi
Underground

iPhone 11 Pro

iOs version 14.1 

Pandora app version 2010.1

Pandora will randomly start playing with out prompting. Latest occurrence was last night at 2am when I was sound asleep. 😡 So no, I didn't accidentally touch the phone or my Apple Watch to hit play. 

Labels (1)
60 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ANK. 👋

This information is helpful to pass along to our engineering team. Thank you for posting your device details. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Looks like you uninstalled / reinstalled the Pandora app today. After performing those steps, are you still experiencing this issue?

Let me know, and I can share this with our engineering team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

ANK
Local Performer

Hi @AlyssaPandora,

Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing if uninstalling and reinstalling the app has fixed the issue. It’s been less than 24 hours and the issue hasn’t occurred since, but that’s no guarantee it’s fixed. Because it seems to occur randomly, I don’t know how to reproduce the conditions that caused the issue in the first place.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @ANK. I completely understand. 

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared your report with our engineering team on an internal ticket. If it happens again, please let me know so I can add this information to the ticket. Hopefully, uninstalling / reinstalling will help resolve the issue. 

Appreciate you taking the time to report this issue and provide your device info. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

maxxmilo
Underground

Hi, this same issue just happened to us last night. Once around 11:30pm and again at around 12:30am. Super annoying and frustrating. My bf noticed that the screen on my Apple Watch on the nightstand flashed before this happened, and I had definitely been messing around with Pandora on my Apple Watch earlier that day. Also, the music seemed to begin blaring 10-15 minutes after my watch was plugged in on its charging cable on the nightstand. When the Pandora app started playing music from my phone, the app was closed on my phone but still apparently on (but paused) on my watch. I closed the Pandora app on the watch and that seemed to help. This is still extremely frustrating and strange behavior - if the Pandora app is paused on my watch, it should stay paused. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maxxmilo Nice to see you around the Community.

Please try running through the following troubleshooting steps for both your phone and Apple Watch: 

Let me know how it goes.

maxxmilo
Underground

Hi Adam, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately these troubleshooting steps are too broad to know if it fixed anything. The only thing that stopped the music from playing was closing the Pandora app out completely on the Apple Watch. It would be nice if this was not necessary, as the music was paused at that time.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @maxxmilo. If the issue continues, could you provide additional information for us to share with our engineering team?

• Model of your iPhone and Apple Watch devices: 
  • What version your Apple Watch is on (Settings > General > About😞 

Let us know. 🎧

Br22ke
Local Performer

This just happened to me!! Holy terrifying. Woke me up from a sound sleep. No provocation. So weird. Apps UTD. Going to try the other recommended steps next. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Br22ke. 👋

Sorry to hear that this happened.

I would definitely recommend running through these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Hope this helps. Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

wjhecox
Local Performer

Happened to me at 2am. Multiple time over last few months. I notice by reading through the posts that it mostly happens at 2 am. Please correct this issue. 

I have an iPhone 11 and like all the rest updated and current on all versions. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @wjhecox, sorry for any disruptance at that late of the night.

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can take a closer look. In the meantime, I suggest running through our iOS Troubleshooting Steps to see if this helps.

If you continue to experience this, could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Dior16
Local Performer

Yes - this - all of this.  
Deep asleep at 2:12 am when Pandora suddenly comes on my phone.
Phone is stored facedown.  App had been closed after last use.  No power surges, bluetooth devices, nothing.  I even got up to see if my car had been stolen, thus activating my phone when it turned on.  

iPhone XS
Comcast / Xfinity Mobile
iOS 16.2
Pandora 2212.1
Wi-Fi

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Dior16 

Nice to see you around the Community and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that Pandora randomly plays especially during your sleep.

I suggest performing our iOS Troubleshooting Steps to see if this helps stop the random playing.

In addition, I've enabled a trace on your account and submitted your feedback to our engineers so that they can take a closer look.

Hope this helps and please let us know if this happens again after performing the troubleshooting steps! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Trypol
Local Performer

It has auto-started a podcast twice recently at 2:15 am. Woke me up of course. I use iOS 16.3.1. Yes, connected to Wi-Fi. No other obvious setting to toggle. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Trypol What is the name of the podcast that started playing on its own?

Also to clarify, were you listening to that podcast in a prior listening session?

Or does it seem random that this podcast started to play when the app opened on its own?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Trypol
Local Performer
Hello:

The podcast was “Afford Anything” with Paula Pant.

I was listening to that podcast in my car earlier in the day. It was the last thing I had listened to using the Pandora app. I use Apple Play in my vehicle. The app was minimized and wasn’t being used after I arrived at home around 5:30 pm.

Thank you for the questions.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @Trypol.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If it happens again after running through those steps, please make sure to reply back to this thread and let us know.

0 Kudos

anaiscarrasco
Local Performer

I just had this happening to me last night at 3:36am and I almost had a heart attack! WTH? My phone was on sleep mode, is this even possible while on sleep mode??? I have an iPhone 12 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that happened, @anaiscarrasco

would definitely recommend running through these steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, I can share your feedback and experience with our engineering team.

Could you provide additional details about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12
  • Carrier:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Do you notice any error messages? If so, what does it say?

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue for you. 🎧

0 Kudos

supermario
Local Performer

Last night Pandora on my iPhone 7+ (I know, it’s old) started playing on its own at about 1:30am. I had been using Pandora throughout the week and last evening around 7-8pm. The app was paused and our Bluetooth speaker was off/not connected when we went to bed around 11:30. The only difference from last night to all other nights previous in the week is that the night before last my iPhone updated to IOS 15.7.5. 

0 Kudos