Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Pandora Randomly Starts Playing

Sefi
Underground

iPhone 11 Pro

iOs version 14.1 

Pandora app version 2010.1

Pandora will randomly start playing with out prompting. Latest occurrence was last night at 2am when I was sound asleep. 😡 So no, I didn't accidentally touch the phone or my Apple Watch to hit play. 

Labels (1)
60 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@supermario I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If it happens again after completing those steps, could you provide some additional details about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 7+
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 15.7.5
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Do you notice any error messages? If so, what does it say?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Jhertznit
Local Performer

Pretty sure it has something to do with using CarPlay. It only happens to me when I have recently been using Pandora on CarPlay. Wish a solution would be available. It is happening to me and my wife.

0 Kudos

zehc17
Local Performer

pandora turning on by itself draining my battery. help

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @zehc17 @Jhertznit. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're both experiencing this issue. 

Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app on your iOS device yet? If not, this is a good first step: iOS Troubleshooting 

Could you share more about your device as well? I'd like to pass your feedback along and it's helpful for our engineering team to know the following details:

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for reporting this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Sistahm
Local Performer

Can you please confirm it’s not a disgruntled software engineer sending API calls to the service? It’s happened to me for years with Pandora latest occurrence at 6 AM this morning waking me up out of my sound sleep.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sistahm Sorry for any disturbance.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If it happens again after completing those steps, could you provide some additional details about your device?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 

Let me know what you find out.

0 Kudos

RagingHounds
Local Performer

It happened to me last night at 1:00am.  Looks like this issue has been happening for years!   No I’m not going to give you my phone information.  I’m deleting the app

0 Kudos

Sefi
Underground

I’m still on the same iPhone 12. 
iOS version: 16.5

pandora version 2305.2

It was behaving for a while. Last night tho at midnight on the dot the app started playing music. Phone was face down on my nightstand and plugged in to charge. Apple Watch was sitting on its charger also.

Then this afternoon the same thing.

This is getting old fast. 

0 Kudos

sardoin
Local Performer

Pandora randomly starts playing music, waking me up in the middle of the night along with two dogs and my wife jumping out of bed. I see this is an ongoing issue for a few years so fix it or I'm bailing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sardoin I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Pandora Randomly Starts Playing

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

gunnnzz
Local Performer

You’re bleeding into other apps that are in my phone!! Starting on your own!! Fix it

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gunnnzz I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Pandora Randomly Starts Playing

If you haven't already done so, please run through the following troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If this continues to be an issue after completing those steps, could you provide some additional details about your device?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

SonjaD
Local Performer

Same thing happened to me while I was sleeping at 1:45am

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SonjaD To clarify, were you listening to the app previously that day, and was it still currently running in the background?

Or was the app never opened that day, and it randomly started playing at night?

Additionally, was sound/music actually playing from your phone speaker when this happened?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

SonjaD
Local Performer

I was listening earlier in the day and it was running in the background. I uninstalled the app so that doesn’t ever happen again.

I had the app opened on my way home from work and was listening to it in the car. The app was open and running in the background. I went on several different apps on my phone as I always have and left them all open as I always do. I set my alarm for 5:30am like I always do and went to sleep. At 1:45 am my phone started playing the song I had been listening to at 4pm on my way home from work from my telephone speaker at the loudest setting. Needless to say, my husband and I were startled awake and I had to find the app and close it to make it stop. and I never could go back to sleep. I have uninstalled the app.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @SonjaD Sorry to hear this happened.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

I wanted to clarify your experience in the vehicle. You mentioned in your post that you were listening while in your car earlier that day. When connected to your car, are you connected with a USB cord or Bluetooth? Do you use CarPlay in your vehicle?

I understand that you have uninstalled the app, but if you're able to confirm if the 'Launch from car' feature is disabled from your Pandora settings it would be helpful to include in our report.

You can view this setting with the following steps:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices uncheck the box next to Launch from car.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

SonjaD
Local Performer
I played via CarPlay
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @SonjaD. I've passed this info over to our engineering team.

If you install Pandora on your phone again, I would definitely try disabling the "Launch from car" feature to see if it will help.

You can use these steps:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices uncheck the box next to Launch from car.

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Jaredr821
Local Performer

It’s a glitch whenever you activate pandora on your CarPlay but not your phone. Very frustrating. Woke me up at 2:30am and pandora wasn’t even open on my phone. If you open pandora and force close after using CarPlay it hasn’t happened to me again after doing this.

0 Kudos

donsmallmt
Local Performer

I see this issue is now 3+ years old. I have used Pandora on my phone for years, but I just recently started having the problem after purchasing a new vehicle with CarPlay (I didn't have CarPlay previously).  The problem occurs - only very late night / very early morning - after using Pandora with CarPlay earlier that day.  It's time Pandora figured this out - definitively. 

0 Kudos