cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Pandora Stops When Using Other Apps

Tracy27
Local Performer

My pandora stops when I use other apps. This didn't used to happen and is now happening on my iPhone and iPads. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pandora, and it didn't fix the problem. And also it randomly pauses...thoughts? Any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
37 Replies

kealahill
Local Performer

This did not work for me. I will be going to Spotify for my whole family if they can't fix this. It closes for me when I open FB... this is a real annoyance for a paid app for 5 people. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @kealahill. 👋

I completely understand your frustration. 

Something to keep in mind, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered. So, if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound, the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app. In the meantime, it sounds like you've been able to use FB in the past and this is a recent issue.

I've taken a look at your Pandora account, and I do see that you uninstalled / reinstalled the Pandora app today. Would you mind sharing the following details so I can report this to our engineering team?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Bdickovick
Local Performer

Go to Facebook setting. SOUND. -switch to videos in feed with sound setting ONLY!

Yagwit
Local Performer

Should Pandora stop when going to background? The app remains on, but music stops. Is this an update or should it continue to play while I text? Thanks 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Yagwit. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: iOS: Pandora Stops When Using Other Apps

The sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered. So, if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound, the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app.

If this is a new issue, I would recommend running through these steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account: iOS Troubleshooting

Feel free to let me know if this helps! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

amgdixon
Local Performer

Hello, I have the same issue with Pandora quitting while using other (non-sound) apps. I listen to pandora while cooking, so using a recipe app in my case. My details: IPhone 13 Pro, ATT, on wifi, iOS 15.0.2, Pandora version 2108.1.1. Occurs with Bluetooth  on and off. I followed the iOS troubleshooting steps and it seemed to work at first but within 2 minutes it reverted back to quitting while using another (non-sound) app. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @amgdixon. 👋

Thanks for trying out the troubleshooting, and for letting us know about your experience. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I enjoy listening to music while cooking, so I understand how frustrating this can be.

I've shared your feedback and device details with our engineering team so they can investigate further. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

SunasPhone
Local Performer

The same thing happens to me lol, I really hope this will be fixed cause first Spotify stopped working now Pandora? Like I listen to music 24/7

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @SunasPhone. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Please check out my post here regarding this issue.

If the issue persists, could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know how the troubleshooting steps work for you. 🎧

0 Kudos

sk3wilson
Local Performer

I found a resolution as I was experiencing similar issues that started with a recent iOS update.  I turned off Voice Control.  Settings > Accessibility > Vision + Physical and Motor Sections. 

The Voice Control under the Physical and Motor section was the ultimate fix for me. Whenever a text would come in, Pandora would stop playing, even if I didn't lift the phone up to view it.

Phone Specifications:

iPhone 11

Software Version 15.1

Pandora Version: 2110.1.1

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing that helpful tip, @sk3wilson

I'm sure this will help other listeners experiencing a similar issue. 👍

0 Kudos

Fleshwound19
Local Performer

First problem with this issue is iOS and apple in general. Really made a big mistake going back to apple. Extremely regrettable. Just left Samsung and had zero issues with this problem as long as I muted what was trying to play on fb or other apps. This is some total bull **ahem** and wish I wasn’t so dumb as to go back to this apple junk. I stream music and cruise other apps all the time and now I am miserable dealing with this bs

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Fleshwound19. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team.

Please check out my post here regarding this issue as the troubleshooting steps may help.

• Carrier:

Let me know how it goes, and thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Prettynica02
Local Performer

But why did it start happening just now??? I’ve been using pandora for YEARS and this just started happening

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Prettynica02. 👋

Sorry for any trouble this has caused. Please check out my post here regarding this issue as the troubleshooting steps may help. You can also find the troubleshooting steps here: iOS Troubleshooting 

• Carrier:

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

0 Kudos

azubcak
Local Performer

If you don't think this is what's happening, could you provide more information about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)--IMac, Mac Book Pro, Mac Book Air
  • Carrier: Optimum
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version) ---Don't know
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)---Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?---WiFi
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?---No message
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@azubcak This thread is specific to instances where users mention Pandora stops playing music on their iPhone/iPad when using other apps.

Based off of the information you provided, it sounds like you are experiencing issues with music stopping when listening on your Mac computers.

I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further? The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

4x4dually
Opening Act

It would be super to have a "prioritize Pandora" sound button in the app or control settings. I stream live sound from Pandora when setting up for band gigs. I'll stream until I get all speakers on and we are ready to sound check live music. Every time I get a DING from a text....everyone in the entire bar knows it. God forbid someone calls me and my quackin' duck blare a duck sound at 120db. LMAO

0 Kudos