cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Playlists Won’t Download

Drkandespt
Local Performer

I’ve got an iPhone X. Both iOS and pandora app are updated. I am trying to download one playlist I created, but nothing is happening. It just shows the green circle with arrows, but doesn’t actually start. I’ve read other threads with similar issues, but none of those suggestions have worked for me. I’ve reinstalled the app: I’ve signed out and signed back in. I’ve gone from cell service to WiFi. But nothing! I’m heading out for deployment with no signal and wanted my station, but unless I can find a solution today I’m SOL. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Drkandespt. 👋

Thank you for your service! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

• Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?
  • If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.
  • I would recommend downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Feel free to let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Drkandespt. 👋

Thank you for your service! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

• Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?
  • If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.
  • I would recommend downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Feel free to let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

kahiapo71
Local Performer

I am having same issue, tried all your fixes and it does not work

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kahiapo71 I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to run into issues with this, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing when you attempt to download your playlists for Offline Mode?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

laflowersmall
Local Performer

I have plenty of space on my phone

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@laflowersmall This thread is specific for Pandora Premium users who are having issues with downloading playlists.

I took a look at your account and see you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

Are you having trouble getting your offline stations to download?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

rcooley201
Local Performer

I have the same problem on a IOS system with plenty of storage space and very strong signal. Very frustrating. We are going on vacation where I will not have wifi access and I would like to listen to my Pandora playlists

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rcooley201 I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Playlists Won’t Download

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to run into issues with this, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing when you attempt to download your playlists for Offline Mode?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

rcooley201
Local Performer
Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rcooley201 You won't be able to attach an image when replying via email.

You will need to open this Community thread in a web browser, and click on the camera icon in the Reply box:

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 6.27.25 AM.png

Thanks again for your help with this!

0 Kudos