cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Shuffle While using Modes

jackvh78
Local Performer

In shuffle is there a way to shuffle & use the play mode (Artist only, Discovery etc) so you can either more variety (deep cuts) or just listen to artists only in the shuffle? Thank you!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @jackvh78 thanks for posting to community.

Using shuffle with Modes is currently not a feature, however, this is great idea to post in out Feature Request board! 

In the meantime, if you'd like to add a little variety to your stations while using Modes, I would recommend seeding the stations. 

For example, adding a 2 or 3 artists to a station, while playing Artist Only Mode, will rotate songs from all the artist that you included. 

To add variety to a station:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit. 

• If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 

3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.

4. Use the + Add Variety button to search for an artist or track to add as a seed on your station.

Keep in mind that each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way.

To remove variety from your station (a "seed" that you've added in the past):
Follow steps #1 - 3 and then tap the small (X) beside the item(s) you'd like to remove. 

Hope this helped. 

**Note: you won't be able to add variety to your Thumbprint Radio station or to genre stations curated by Pandora.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jackvh78 thanks for posting to community.

Using shuffle with Modes is currently not a feature, however, this is great idea to post in out Feature Request board! 

In the meantime, if you'd like to add a little variety to your stations while using Modes, I would recommend seeding the stations. 

For example, adding a 2 or 3 artists to a station, while playing Artist Only Mode, will rotate songs from all the artist that you included. 

To add variety to a station:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit. 

• If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 

3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.

4. Use the + Add Variety button to search for an artist or track to add as a seed on your station.

Keep in mind that each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way.

To remove variety from your station (a "seed" that you've added in the past):
Follow steps #1 - 3 and then tap the small (X) beside the item(s) you'd like to remove. 

Hope this helped. 

**Note: you won't be able to add variety to your Thumbprint Radio station or to genre stations curated by Pandora.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jackvh78
Local Performer

Thanks for the help!!! I'll give it a try

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @jackvh78

We do have an existing feature request for using Modes in Shuffle, you can find it here.

To express your interest in seeing certain features implemented, be sure to click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the suggestion / request.

Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Happy listening! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

philipgoodwyn
Local Performer

this is a shame. I do not know why they will not offer modes in shuffle. it should default all stations to that mode.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @philipgoodwyn. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback around this. I'd love to see a modes feature while using shuffle for my personal listening sessions. In the meantime, I was able to locate a few shuffle feature requests that you may be interested in upvoting: 

To upvote any feature suggestions, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request. 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024