cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Tracks skip when phone screen is locked

Maddyv519
Local Performer

Hello! Everytime I lock my iPhone pandora stops playing and changes the song . It started doing this about 3 days ago. Any suggestions ? Only does it when I do not have my AirPods on.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
47 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kmill I do see you've submitted a message to our support team through our help page.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Mikhancho99
Underground
  • iOS version: 16.6.1
  • Pandora version: 2308.1
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with those additional details, @Mikhancho99.

We've passed this along to our tech team on your behalf. 

Your feedback means a lot to us, thank you for taking the time to report this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

LivinLux
Local Performer

We were having this issue as well, IOS 16.6.1, iPhone 13, Pandora version 2308.1. I turned the option to show the battery percentage all the time and the skipping issue stopped happening when the screen is turned off. 

0 Kudos

MT-Mike
Underground

I don't have battery percentage turned on the iOS. Are you speaking of a setting within Pandora?

iOS 16.6.1 with Pandora 2308.1

Didn't have issue with previous iOS, now both phones have issue.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MT-Mike. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also having some trouble with this.

I think @LivinLux is referring to the battery percentage display on your iPhone device and isn't Pandora specific. With iOS 16, you can turn on the battery percentage so it appears in your status bar.

To manage this:

• Go to Settings > Battery, and turn on Battery Percentage.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared your device details with our tech team. We appreciate you taking the time to report your experience. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

MT-Mike
Underground

As above, I do not have that turned on, on either device. I turned it on- same issue. I turned it off- same issue. 

This isn't some new, random occurrence either. This is noted in your Pandora forums going back to October off last year, actually. There was a previous issue (completely separate) prior to that.

No offense, but $20/month every month for 12 months is $240 paid (I did upgrade at some point during that, so I'm using simple math). My point is, has been, and will be this: why am I (along with thousands of others) $120/year for a service that you are not providing??? If 40-60% of users (US vs Global) use iOS and you've got 6.2 million subscribers, 72% on iOS 16... Tells me that maybe instead of responding to messages in forums saying the same rhetoric, that instead you just fix the problem or offer these customers a full credit back for the last year until you're able to solve the issue. I'm certain that if Pandora wasn't bring paid by 6.2 million people monthly, for a service that isn't being given to their customers, that you and I wouldn't be having this conversation.

I wish you the best in your endeavors, but if you are going to chime into these forums you need to read the context or not reply, or better yet, solve the issue!

mwnothappy
Local Performer

I have the same issue. 

IOS: 17.0.3

Pandora: 2308.1

Only happens with

• Downloaded music
  • Happens if shuffling playlist or playing from beginning
  • Starts when phone lock screen starts
  • Skips through songs on playlist
  • Songs skipped can no longer be played while offline
  • Completely unusable when offline

Songs can be played when back online. However, they can not be played offline unless downloaded again.

Also, it does not do this under the same conditions, but listening on a Bluetooth speaker.

Hard to believe this is still a problem. The steps to reproduce are easy. Is anyone in engineering really looking at this?

Just got a free two months of Spotify Premium offer emailed to me. I'll be looking at migrating my playlist there. I'm paying for Premium which gives me offline playing, but it doesn't work and looks like it hasn't for a year. I thought the issue was on my side, now I understand why I'm only hearing parts of my playlists.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Mstol101
Underground

As a loyal user of Pandora since 2007, I had built most of my music listening habits and developments through Pandora. Simply because the algorithm has been nice to me and playing good, relatable songs. Anywho. I do a fair amount of traveling, which means I am forced to go into airplane mode, and listen to the offline mode. 

offline mode is confusing. The user interface does not clarify if the songs/stations I had selected for offline download, are actually available, and when I go to check, nothing is showing up, of the songs I thought I downloaded. Please advise on how to improve the experience of this. 

and in airplane mode, offline, with headphones plugged into my iPhone, when I turn off the screen, the music stops. And at turning it back on, skips the song it’s been playing. 

letting the screen turn off on its own, has the same results. 

This combination of technical difficulties, makes Pandora unusable in places like an airplane. 

This is a recent feature, as a few months back, my Pandora was working adequately in offline mode. Would love to see the offline experience improved, for those of us stuck on planes for many hours at a time, and who, like myself, built their entire music portfolio on this app. 

thank you kindly for your time, 

Mike S. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Mstol101! Welcome to community.

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having trouble with offline listening.

I merged your message into an existing post for one of the experiences you mentioned - iOS: Tracks skip when phone screen is locked while in Offline Mode.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you please let me know the following info about your device:

• Model
  • iOS version
  • Pandora version

Before reaching out, have you tried any troubleshooting steps? If yes, can you let me know what you've tried?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Datman-savage
Local Performer

Songs Skipping 13 pro max.

The app sometimes skips every other song on my Iphone, sometimes it endlessly cycles through them without playing at all. The app has been reinstalled multiple times; it happens whether I'm plugged in via usb in my car, whether I'm using Bluetooth in my car or when I'm just holding the phone in my hands playing through the internal speaker but mostly when my screen is on lockscreen. It also happens in online or offline mode. Is there a beta test i can join?

0 Kudos

Mstol101
Underground

* iPhone 12 Pro Max

* iOS 16.6.1

* Pandora version 2310.1

* Had Apple wired headphones plugged in into lightning port  

Pandora Premium user. 

*Attempted to restart phone

*Attempted to reinstall App

*Attempted switching out of offline mode, to gain a playlist, switch back to offline mode. 

none of attempts had been successful. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Datman-savage Sorry to hear this is happening.

Can you tell me more about your device:

• Model:
  • iOS Version
    • Are you currently in the iOS BETA Program?
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Datman-savage
Local Performer

I am in IOS beta program. Is there a beta for pandora? How do we get the issue fixed with skipping songs? This also happens with my wifes phone 14 pro max and she is not on IOS beta.

pandora version 2310.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Datman-savage!

Thanks for the follow up.

Pandora does not currently have a BETA available.

For the issue with skipping, I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. I don't believe any troubleshooting steps I can offer would help to resolve this immediately.

Can you let me know the iOS and Pandora version your wife is on? I can include her info as well.

Thanks for your help with this.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Datman-savage
Local Performer

My wife is on apple pro max IOS 17.1.1. And she is on Pandora 2310.1

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Datman-savage Thanks for following up with that information.

I went and merged your post into this existing thread: iOS: Tracks skip when phone screen is locked

I've also added your feedback to the ticket we currently have open with the engineering team who is looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Kcjordan910
Local Performer

Next page has a step by step guide to fix the issue! 

0 Kudos

Kmill
Local Performer
Lmao I have Bluetooth headphones my guy
0 Kudos

Kcjordan910
Local Performer

Lmao than figure it out my guy

0 Kudos