cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Tracks skip when phone screen is locked

Maddyv519
Local Performer

Hello! Everytime I lock my iPhone pandora stops playing and changes the song . It started doing this about 3 days ago. Any suggestions ? Only does it when I do not have my AirPods on.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
47 Replies

Kcjordan910
Local Performer

I found a fix that has worked for me, hope it works for y’all!

• disconnect from aux cable or bluetooth

• click profile on bottom right for iOS/android

• click the settings in pandora

• go to the advanced tab and uncheck auto lock under conserve battery

• reconnect to your aux or Bluetooth 

for whatever reason when my phone locked pandora recognized that my phone has lost service and then would skip tracks after doing the steps above I was able to make that stop! 

I did notice though if the tracks are downloaded it does it regardless. I just went and removed the downloaded songs

• profile bottom right

• settings - audio quality/downloads

• reset downloads

shouldn’t be this way at all however this is a workaround for now. 

0 Kudos

celdredge
Underground

It’s January 20, 2024 and I’m a paying subscriber to Pandora Premium having the exact same issue with tracks skipping. I have already tried the debugging steps. When I use Spotify I do not have this issue so it’s clearly a bug with Pandora’s iOS app. I am extremely disappointed that there is not any fix for a major software bug like this for over a year. This is extremely unprofessional. Please pass my comments along to the relevant teams and let me know how you will compensate us for the app lacking basic functionality that we paid for.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @celdredge. 👋

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience. Rest assured, your voice has been heard and your thoughts have been passed along to the appropriate party. 

Unfortunately, the moderation team doesn't have a new update to share. Any new updates will be posted in the thread as well as the accepted solution

*Note: That message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. 

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and created an email case for you with our support team for further help with your subscription. Please keep an eye out for their message soon. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

F1yAgaric
Local Performer

Hello! When I lock my phone screen while listening to a downloaded playlist it will automatically skip to a random song. I’ve noticed this only happens if the playlist is downloaded. This started happening a couple months ago and I have tried different solutions like deleting and reinstalling the app, logging out and back in and making sure everything’s up to date but none of them fixed this problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @F1yAgaric. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening during your listening sessions. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: iOS: Tracks skip when phone screen is locked

Based on your message, it sounds like you're run through the standard troubleshooting steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know, and I can report this on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

F1yAgaric
Local Performer

Generation - iPhone12 mini

carrier-Verizon  

IOS- 17.4.1

pandora version- 2401.1.2

there have been no error messages it just skips.

Also while scrolling through the thread I noticed that other people have been having the same problem as far back as 2022 and they have all gotten is the generic response of “run through the troubleshooting steps” and “we’re working on it” so, I’m curious if anything is actually being done about this problem?

Opticlone
Local Performer

I was having the same issue. Switched my audio quality from high to standard and fixed my phone.

But for my wife she is still having the issue.

• iPhone 12 Pro 
  • IOS 17.4.1
  • Pandora: 2403.1

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

Aletheuo76
Local Performer

Hey everyone, since pandora doesn’t want to fix this I have finally found a solution for me!! Turn off auto lock in your display settings. Set it to “never”! Now my music keeps playing when the screen locks due to pushing the side button on the right YEAH! 

0 Kudos