cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to Start via Headphone Buttons

mohmann
Local Performer

Hello, would just like to echo that I am also receiving this issue, using Aftershokz aeropex bluetooth headphones and an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Has there been any progress on this issue? Kind of incredible that it has been known for almost two years

Labels (1)
44 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brian86 Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Tr276
Local Performer

I am currently having an issue where every time I pause pandora with my Powerbeats Pro Bluetooth ear buds I have to open the application back up and press play through the application. I run this app on my iPhone.  I have redownloaded the app and it works with my other beats studio ear buds, but not this particular ear bud. 

Brian86
Underground

I am still experiencing this issue across multiple Bluetooth devices. May we please have an update?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Tr276. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to Start Playback via Headphone Buttons

We do have an open internal ticket with our engineering team to investigate this. 

Could you tell me more about your device so that I can share this on the ticket?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thank you for your assistance with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Jdsudy
Local Performer

Same issue for me on airpod pro. Here are the details to create a ticket. 

• Device & Generation: iPhone 13promax
  • Carrier: ATT
  • iOS version: 15.3.1
  • Pandora version: 2202.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?  Occurs on both occasions. 
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? Nothing other than pause music using airpod pro. Then resume using airpod pro with no result. Then going to phone to hit play (no results) then hit pause then play again and music will resume. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for posting this information, @Jdsudy. I will pass this along to the appropriate party on your behalf. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Brian86
Underground

Alyssa, please provide an update on this. Do the developers care this issue exists, or do I simply need to move to Spotify? 9+ months with this issue suggests no one over at Pandora cares.

Dbelle21
Local Performer

When I push my AirPods buttons to start audio play out to resume audio play it doesn’t work? Why is this?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dbelle21  I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to Start via Headphone Buttons

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If you continue to experience issues with this, would you mind telling me a bit more about the iOS device you're using?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

hadill
Local Performer

I have a similar issue, no with Apple Watch, but with Bluetooth devices in general - whether it's my bluetooth earbuds or my bluetooth car connection.

If a song pauses while connected to Bluetooth, I can't resume playing unless I tap Play/Pause on my iPhone about 4 times. It doesn't respond to Play/Pause from my earbuds, so it has to be done from my phone screen. I have to stop what I'm doing to resume the song from my phone.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hadill I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to Start via Headphone Buttons

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting

If you continue to experience issues with this, would you mind telling me a bit more about the iOS device you're using?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:

0 Kudos

Ratfink13
Underground

hello👋  I am having the same problem and have been for months. I have and iPhone 11 with the AirPods pro headphones. I find that if I close the app, completely restart my phone and reconnect my headphones it sometimes fixes the issue for an hour maybe two. However this only works maybe 3 out of 10 times. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those details, @Ratfink13. While I understand how frustrating this can be, our engineering team is still investigating this issue. In the meantime, I've shared your experience and info with them on the internal ticket for this issue. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Remotev
Local Performer

I have an issue of trying to resume playback after removing one of my AirPods and putting the air-pod back. Also when I pause the music on pandora with the button on the lock screen or with the button on the airpods themself. This is with airpods 2nd, AirPods Pro, airpods 3rd gen. On a iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 15.3 freshly formatted and restored as a new phone. Apple Music, YouTube, Spotify do NOT have this issue. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing those details, @Remotev. I've added your report to the internal ticket we have open. Feel free to let me know if you notice anything else and I can update the ticket. 🎧

0 Kudos

Aspect
Local Performer

Even now, June of 2022, I am still having the same problem through AirPods gen 2. I have an iPhone 11, updated to latest software, iOS 15.5. My pandora is in version 2204.1. This issue is very annoying as I am unable to unpause while I am riding bike, mowing lawn etc. Please fix. 

iphone 11

at&t

iOS 15.5

pandora version 2204.1

doesn’t work with wifi or cellular data. 

kjkjkjn
Local Performer

I have been experiencing the same symptoms for months. I've always assumed Pandora was purposeful in breaking the experience like Youtube.

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12 Pro / BMW CIC Bluetooth
  • Carrier: Verizion
  • iOS version: 15.5.1
  • Pandora version: 2204.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Cellular
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? Doesn't always auto resume after connecting to the car. Requires multiple play/pause taps.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting your device details and experience, @Aspect @kjkjkjn. Sorry for the continued trouble. In the meantime, I have added your individual information to the ticket we have open. 🎧

0 Kudos

therbler
Local Performer

I'm new to this app and didn't see anything via search. What's happening is that if pause play (via my earbuds) for more than a minute or so, tapping my earbud again won't restart play. If I then try to restart play from my lock screen, the progress indicator starts moving again, but sound doesn't some out of my phone speakers or through my earbuds. I have to unlock my phone and play from the app to get sound again.

Anybody run into anything like this? It's an Iphone 12 mini, iOS and the app are current, the earbuds are Jabras, and I've never encountered this with any of the other apps I use.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@therbler I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to Start via Headphone Buttons

• Device & Generation: Iphone 12 mini
  • Carrier:

0 Kudos