cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Voice Assistant" Not Showing in Pandora Settings

kisonay
Underground

Have a family subscription and my wife cannot get the Voice Assitant feature to show in her settings. Pandora has been enabled for microphone use (in iOS settings) but the feature still doesn't show in Pandora's Settings. How can you get it to show?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

kisonay
Underground

For anyone else having this issue, it appears that a successful voice search/voice recognition is required within the Pandora app before the settings item will appear. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @kisonay thanks for posting.

Can you let me know the model of her iPhone and the Pandora version she's on?

I'll take a look. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

kisonay
Underground

It is an iPhone 8 Plus (iOS 13.3.1) with Pandora version 2004.2.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @kisonay.

I'm going to have someone from our User Support team contact you and follow up. They will be contacting you via your Pandora email. Please be on the look out for their email. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

kisonay
Underground

I'll be on the look out. Thank you!

TannerPandora

Hi @kisonay - User Support just let me know they responded back to your email with steps on how to activate Voice Assist.

I'm going to post those instructions in community for anyone else that may have a similar problem. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. 

To enable Voice Assist:

The Pandora voice assistant feature will not be on by default.

To enable this feature:

1. If this is your first time enabling voice mode, open Pandora and tap the search icon.
    • If this is not your first time, skip this step and proceed to step #3.
  2. You should be prompted with a message about voice mode. Tap the banner and Allow Pandora to use your microphone (iOS) or record audio (Android) while you're using voice mode. (For more information about how the recorded audio works and how we protect your privacy, read the section on Privacy and Pandora's voice mode.
  3. Return to your collection and open your Settings.
  4. Select Voice Assistant and tap Device Settings to ensure your microphone is enabled for use with Pandora.
  5. Return to your Voice Assistant settings. Enable the toggle for Listen for "Hey Pandora" so that you can interact with your music hands-free when Pandora is open and your screen is unlocked.
  6. Since our voice assistant will only respond to the verbal prompt when Pandora is in the foreground of your device, consider whether you want to select Keep Screen On in order to keep Pandora open while you're listening.

To disable this feature:

1. Open Pandora to your Settings and tap Voice Assistant.
  2. Tap Device Settings to disable Pandora's access to your microphone.
  3. If enabled, disable the toggles for Listen for "Hey Pandora" and Keep Screen On.

+++

Enable the wake phrase "Hey Pandora" to give commands hands-free.

To enable the wake phrase:

1. Go to the settings in your Pandora app.
  2. Select Voice Assistant.
  3. Activate the Listen for "Hey Pandora" toggle.

Keep in mind that you'll only be able to control the Pandora app with hands-free voice commands if the app is in the foreground and your screen is not locked.

You might want to select Keep Screen On from your Voice Assistant settings in order to keep Pandora open while you're listening.

+++

Using the wake phrase, "Hey Pandora," you can say something like:

• "Hey Pandora, play something different."
  • "Hey Pandora, play Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars." (requires Pandora Premium)
  • "Hey Pandora, Thumb Up this song."

You can also manually activate Pandora's voice assistant when you search for content. Just look for the microphone icon once you tap on the Search bar.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

kisonay
Underground

Thanks, yes I'm still working with support. I've responded with some screens. We've followed these steps and voice assistant still does not show in Pandora's settings.

kisonay
Underground

For anyone else having this issue, it appears that a successful voice search/voice recognition is required within the Pandora app before the settings item will appear. 

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @kisonay! Enjoy the tunes. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

traptsouls
Local Performer

Fast forward........ 2021.... You saved me! Thank you! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear those steps helped, @traptsouls! 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos