cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change your Avatar in Community and Web player

KCdaGuy
Opening Act

I can't seem to change my avatar.  I changed it once with a picture I uploaded and it was gone the next day.  I have since changed it to one of the provided images but nothing will stick. What am I missing?  Also in the webplayer I have no avatar or option to change my avatar.  Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

55 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andreuz-Music I definitely understand your frustration.

I reached out to our Community Manager, and it turns out there was a bug which was allowing you to view the option to change your avatar.

That has now been fixed and should no longer show for you.

Thank you for letting us know about this! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora If you noticed my picture was changed on my profile. Just the other day I had set-up a Facebook account just so I could change my photo. Now that I have a Facebook acct, I think I might use it to put my Pandora playlist on for others to hear. Take care and be safe.

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's awesome, @MOHLovesAlaska.

Feel free to share your playlists and what you're listening to on your Facebook profile.

Happy sharing! 😄

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!

MusicFan0061
Opening Act

Is there a reason why you're forcing us to give you a connection to our social media in order to have an avatar? 

I pay for my account and it's not okay with me for you to have that access. It's just an avatar. There's no reason why a paid PREMIUM user shouldn't be able to upload an image for a profile picture. 

Why?

Paigesmith1997
Opening Act

does anyone know how to upload a profile picture on my profile?

the paigester

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Paigesmith1997 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can add a photo to your community profile.

Hope this helps. 😎

0 Kudos

Paigesmith1997
Opening Act

well I dont have a facebook so I cant put a profile pic on my community page

the paigester

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Paigesmith1997 It's true that you currently need a Facebook account in order to add a profile picture to your Pandora account/community profile.

If you'd like have the ability to add a photo to your account without using Facebook, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️to express your interest as well: Profile Picture - No Facebook

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😁

Dakotalindsey26
Underground

I will love to be on your team

PhantomWatson
Underground

In Chrome, when I click on my avatar on the /t5/user/viewprofilepage page for my account, I get a modal with an endless loading image and the following console error:

529085:1906 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined
at HTMLSpanElement.<anonymous> (529085:1906)
at HTMLBodyElement.dispatch (lia-scripts-common-min.js:183)
at HTMLBodyElement.eventHandle (lia-scripts-common-min.js:151)

Sidenote: It doesn't make a ton of sense to me that my avatar is the letter G while my username doesn't have a G in it. It seems like that image is being generated with a random letter or based on another arbitrary string. Regardless, it comes across like a bug.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PhantomWatson Thank you for bringing this to our attention - I have passed your feedback along to our team so they are aware.

In the meantime, the letter on your avatar that shows in your community profile is associated with your actual Pandora username.

If you'd like to change your Pandora username so that your avatar changes to a different letter, let me know and I can put you in touch with our support team so they can further assist with that. 

If you'd like to add an actual photo to your community profile rather than have the letter "G" showing, you will first need to connect your Facebook account to your Pandora profile.

You can add a photo to your Pandora profile if you have a photo on your Facebook profile and your Facebook account is connected to your Pandora account.

To connect your Facebook account on Pandora, log in to our website and click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.

1. Select Settings, and then Account in the left hand menu.
2. Scroll down to Social.
3. Select Connect to the right of the Facebook option. 

To change the photo that is displayed on your Pandora profile, you'll need to change your default photo on your Facebook account.

It's also worth noting that sometimes Facebook takes some time to recognize the connection with Pandora, so if it doesn't work right away please try again a little later.

Hope this helps explain! 

Krampus
Underground

How do I get my profile picture to show up here instead of a person behind a gray screen? My profile picture shows up on my Pandora, and my Facebook is connected to my Pandora. But how do you get the profile picture to show up here in community?

Keep a Knocking but you can't come in. DD/LG little A.P.L. Leukemia Warrior.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Krampus. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: How to add a photo to Community profile 

For more information about how to do this, please check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

Hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

KRRCIE
Local Performer

106C9851-A589-4FC9-94F0-EB11DDBD6415.jpeg

 please can come one enlighten me on how to change my display picture 

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've merged your post into this existing thread on the same topic about profile photos in the community.

I hope my response helps you get your photo updated. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Nightcore_Anime
Opening Act

How do I change my profile picture

@ Rouge Panda

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nightcore_Anime I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to add a photo to Community profile 

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can add a photo to your community profile.

Hope this helps. 😎

0 Kudos

Xx_NovaStar_xX
Local Performer

unable to find avatar option

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Xx_NovaStar_xX I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to add a photo to Community profile 

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can add a photo to your community profile.

Hope this helps!

SneakerGods
Local Performer

How to change my avatar pic?? I don’t have FB and for some reason they need me too???