cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora accounts for children under 13

JPN
Local Performer

I am trying to add my daughter to my family plan account. Based on what I've read on here she has to first create her own Pandora account and then she can accept the invite from the email I sent her. After she enters her birth year, the error message she gets says Unable to Create Account. She is 12. Suggestions?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @JPN,

Thanks for posting to community. 

The Pandora service is not intended for use by children under the age of thirteen. Unfortunately, we cannot allow children under that age to open or have their own accounts for the Pandora service.

We also have an existing feature request that you may be interested in upvoting: Ability to create accounts for children with parental controls

To upvote this idea, please click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request. 

Hope this helps.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @JPN,

Thanks for posting to community. 

The Pandora service is not intended for use by children under the age of thirteen. Unfortunately, we cannot allow children under that age to open or have their own accounts for the Pandora service.

We also have an existing feature request that you may be interested in upvoting: Ability to create accounts for children with parental controls

To upvote this idea, please click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request. 

Hope this helps.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JPN
Local Performer

Thank you for the reply. I feel  the name "Family Plan" is misleading and the age requirement should be disclosed somewhere. I wasted a bunch of my time trying to figure it out. I also feel it should be up to the parent what age is appropriate instead of Pandora. I will look into other services to see if they will accomadate. Thank you

Moderator Edit: Format

driedsponge
Local Performer
What if they accidentally fat-fingered the birth year? Trying to get my daughter on a family account and she thinks she accidentally typed 2010 instead of 2001, now it completely locks her email from signing in at all to fix it, and I can't fix it in the family management interface.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@driedsponge Our support team mentioned they sent a reply back to the case you created.

If you need additional assistance, make sure to reply back directly to the email thread you already have open with them.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

crazysailorj
Local Performer

I agree with JPN. I specifically signed up for the family plan so that my daughter could have her own profile so that she wasn't messing with my likes and cluttering up my profile. As her parent, I should be able to determine if she is old enough for this. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @crazysailorj. 👋

I completely understand where you're coming from.

We also have an existing feature request that you may be interested in: Ability to create accounts for children with parental controls

To upvote this idea, please click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request. 

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

traigo12
Local Performer

I have the same issue, and it's very annoying that trying to register a child just gives a generic error message with no indication of the cause or solution. It just says, "Sorry, we're unable to accept your registration." (I tried to post a screenshot, but when I try I get another generic error message: "Permission Denied." And, when I tried to post this very message the first time I got an "Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication" message. Would it kill you to make these error messages the least bit informative?)

If the original error message has just said "Users must be 13 or above" I could have saved an hour of digging for the solution. Deciding what my kid listens to is my prerogative, not Pandora's. And like any other parent, I'll probably create an adult account with my other email address and just let her use that, so rather than protecting kids you're just inconveniencing parents. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@traigo12 I definitely understand your frustration with this.

I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the appropriate team.

Thanks so much for being a part of the Pandora Community! 😁

0 Kudos

gp
Local Performer

I agree, a family plan is just that, a family plan.  And yes, as here father, I will be deciding what is age appropriate for my daughter.  I will be searching for another service, I too have wasted hours of my time trying to figure this out.  Should have been disclosed in big bold letters somewhere.

0 Kudos

kjshan
Local Performer

Joined family plan and sent invites to my kids. My daughter is getting the same error message:  Sorry, unable to accept your registration.  Is there an age restriction that has completely blocked her out??  I thought with Family plan, as long as parent holds main account, you could add your children?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kjshan The Pandora service is not intended for use by children under the age of thirteen. Unfortunately, we cannot allow children under that age to open or have their own accounts for the Pandora service.

You can register your child for a Pandora account on their 13th birthday.

This being said, I have created a ticket for you with our support team so they can help look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their email.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

wmclellan
Local Performer

Same issue but accidental date of birth year entered, need to reset but can’t figure out how.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wmclellan I do see you were able to add an additional account to your Premium Family plan yesterday.

Let me know if you are still running into issues with this.

0 Kudos

billmckinney
Underground

I'm trying to add my 12 year old Grandson. I should not have used his real birthyear, but I did, and I can't get out of it without creating another e-mail. Need

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@billmckinney The Pandora service is not intended for use by children under the age of thirteen.

Unfortunately, we cannot allow children under that age to open or have their own accounts for the Pandora service.

This being said,  I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

8runner
Local Performer

How do I configure a separate Pandora account for my 12-year-old son on his nest mini?

0 Kudos

Steviels927
Local Performer

I tried to register an account for my 12yr old son and it is giving an error that says “Sorry, we cannot accept your registration at the time.” Please help

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Steviels927 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Pandora accounts for children under 13

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

UaKem
Local Performer

Hey,

So I tried adding my daughter to our family plan with an email invite but when she got the email and answered the questions honestly, the form said she wasn't eligible because she was under 18. I'm not asking for her to have access to changing subscription levels or payment methods or anything of that level. I just want her to be able to create her own stations and play simultaneously with me. The only way I've found to allow her access to the plan is to log into her device using my member info which limits our simultaneous play. 

0 Kudos