cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/26/2019: Music stops without any error messages on Samsung Galaxy

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update: 11/26/19: Hi everyone!

We're aware of an issue affecting Android listeners (specifically those with Samsung Galaxy devices) where the music stops without any error messages, or the music stops when your phone's lock screen is on. We believe that this issue may be related to your "Sleeping Apps" setting, which is causing the app to stop / pause when it is backgrounded.

Please try out the following steps:

• You can access this setting in the Device Care menu.
  • Click on Battery, and then, click on More options.
  • Click on Settings > Sleeping Apps
  • From your Sleeping Apps, you should be able to long press Pandora.  Once you're able to view the App Usage for Pandora, you'll want to make sure that the put app to sleep button is toggled to the OFF setting.

++

Here's a screenshot of what this looks like:

screenshot_20191112-192244_device_care.jpg

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks for your patience during this process!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (3)
72 Replies

Jaxy7524
Local Performer

Music continues to stop about 2 minutes into every song on whatever station I choose. Using IPhone 8. Plus member. Please help. Thanks!

@MarvinKeys80 wrote:

I'm using a Galaxy note 9 and my pandora keeps stopping after plan music 2 minutes I can't find that than online to help me with this problem 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

Crystal420
Local Performer

Music stopping.

Phone andriod

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Crystal420 I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are running into a similar issue.

Try running through the troubleshooting steps linked in the message @AlyssaPandora posted above and let us know if you continue to experience trouble with this. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @KSteeland @Crystal420.

I completely understand how frustrating that must be.

Could you tell me a bit more about your experience?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone)
  • Pandora version:

(Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.)

• Also, what were you listening to when the music stopped? (For example, what station / album / playlist?)

Does it happen on other content of the same type (for example, on all playlists), or just on a specific one?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

MattPandora
Pandora
Pandora

@Darrell If you're able to provide more details, then I'll have the engineering team investigate further.

Matt Compton | Android Engineering Manager

chiltontom
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem on my Samsung Note 8.  Very frustrating.

Tom Chilton
0 Kudos

Hmmarrz2
Local Performer

This happens with me too. I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 phone and it's on the app. I have AT&T for my carrier. I haven't seen a message or error when it stops - it does it when the screen is locked or if I leave the pandora app on in the background. 

0 Kudos

popinadam
Local Performer

I was having similar issues on my S10, where it would "pause" after about a minute or so and when I go back to Pandora it would reload the app as if it were closed.

The Pandora app was listed under "Sleeping apps" under battery settings in the phone. I removed it from this list and now it is back to working properly. 

Settings=> Device Care=> Battery=>...(top right)=> Settings=> Sleeping apps=> Trash can(top right).

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update: 11/26/19: Hi everyone!

We're aware of an issue affecting Android listeners (specifically those with Samsung Galaxy devices) where the music stops without any error messages, or the music stops when your phone's lock screen is on. We believe that this issue may be related to your "Sleeping Apps" setting, which is causing the app to stop / pause when it is backgrounded.

Please try out the following steps:

• You can access this setting in the Device Care menu.
  • Click on Battery, and then, click on More options.
  • Click on Settings > Sleeping Apps
  • From your Sleeping Apps, you should be able to long press Pandora.  Once you're able to view the App Usage for Pandora, you'll want to make sure that the put app to sleep button is toggled to the OFF setting.

++

Here's a screenshot of what this looks like:

screenshot_20191112-192244_device_care.jpg

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks for your patience during this process!

AdamPandora

@Hmmarrz2 I moved your post to this thread as @AlyssaPandora provided some tips on how to prevent this from happening on your Samsung device. 

Let us know if that helps.

Agbush
Local Performer

I have also been experiencing this, starting earlier this week. I have a Galaxy S9+ and Verizon is my service provider. 

@AdamPandora wrote:

@Steverum Nice to see you around the community.

Please follow up with the information requested in my message above and I'll be happy to help. 

@AdamPandora wrote:

@Steverum Nice to see you around the community.

Please follow up with the information requested in my message above and I'll be happy to help. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Agbush I moved your post to this thread as a resolution for this has been provided in the message @AlyssaPandora left above. 

0 Kudos

Agbush
Local Performer

Thank you @AdamPandora and @AlyssaPandora! Running through troubleshoot steps seems to have resolved my issues. 🙂

LashayTX
Local Performer
When using Pandora I can't use my phone, if I'm not actually on Pandora, like have the app up on my screen the music just stops...foes this happen to anyone else??? How can I fox this...please help
0 Kudos

davidradio
Opening Act

Are you trying to use phone and Pandora at the same time? Hitting your home button should put Pandora app in background and allow you to select phone. 
•have you powered down phone or removed the battery 
•turn on refresh app in background 

•delete app and reinstall and sign-in. 

good luck. reply if i'm missing your point. 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LashayTX I moved your post to this thread as it sounds like you are running into a similar issue.

Try running through the steps @AlyssaPandora provided in her message above as they should help resolve this.

Let us know how it goes. 

0 Kudos

QuanW
Local Performer

So I'm having this problem as well.  Almost every song that plays stops at random times during the song.  No error message it's like I'm pausing the song.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Straight Talk phone service.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@QuanW I moved your post to this thread as @AlyssaPandora provided a resolution for this here.

Let us know if you continue to run into issues with this. 

0 Kudos

TeriRThomas
Local Performer

Pandora cuts off when I navigate to any other site. Even  Google Maps.  Can you help me?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TeriRThomas I moved your post to this thread as it sounds like you are running into a similar issue.

Try running through the suggestions @AlyssaPandora provided in her message as they should resolve this for you.

Let us know how it goes.