Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Crashes with New Update

Cenzo
Local Performer

App ver:  2303.2.1 (5/3/23)

Google Pixel 5

After the latest update a few days ago, the app crashes every time i try to run it.  Crashes immediately. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, restarting the phone each time. I'm subscribed so I'm wasting my subscription.  Please help.  The app has been fine for years.  Can you give me a link for the previous version so i can use it again?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bobcatbobcat I know you mentioned you receive an error message when the app crashes.

We do have this thread where users get an error code before the crash: Android 13: Error 3002 Causes App to Crash

Does that sound familiar, or do you think the one you saw was a little different?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cenzo Sorry for the trouble.

To clarify, do any error messages appear when the app crashes? We do have this thread where users get an error code before the crash: Android 13: Error 3002 Causes App to Crash

Or does the app simply close and you are sent back to your device's home screen without seeing any errors?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

bobcatbobcat
Local Performer

i just started having the same problem with my galaxy.    yes, a error message does pop up but it disappeared before i could write it down.   now it just shuts off after the phone goes into its black screen sleep mode or whatever they call it.   

going to download spotify if i cant get this figured out today.    i love pandora but now it only plays two songs and then it shuts down.   i need songs.    

it said something about permissions.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bobcatbobcat I know you mentioned you receive an error message when the app crashes.

We do have this thread where users get an error code before the crash: Android 13: Error 3002 Causes App to Crash

Does that sound familiar, or do you think the one you saw was a little different?

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Ldaigle
Local Performer
I went to settings and turned off battery safe mode. I never turned it on
but that did fix the problem.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing that update, @Ldaigle. Sounds like adjusting the battery settings helped resolve the issue. Feel free to let us know if anything else pops up. 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

bigbyrd960
Underground

I am having the same trouble and have done everything that Pandora has recommended to fix. I get one song after my phone locks and then Pandora just quits playing songs. The app still runs and will start a new song if I unlock my phone, but it's like it is buffering. Doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi or mobile data. This all started when I upgraded to the Galaxy S23+. All of my software is up to date as well. This is a Pandora problem. I have downloaded other music apps and they work fine, but I love Pandora and would like to keep using it. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @bigbyrd960. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. I do see that we reported this on your behalf for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details. 

Thank you for your patience!

0 Kudos

DogmomSherry
Underground

I'm having all sorts of problems since the latest update also. I'm on a Google Pixel 6 running Android 13.  Pandora app version 2307.1

1. Pandora starts and stops. 2. Rarely completes the cast to my Google hub. the app often thinks it's connected to my Google hub, ie shows a volume via the Pandora app yet obviously there's no sound coming out of my Google hub. So then I use the disconnect in the Pandora app to try to redo it, and the same thing just happens again.  They error message I sometimes get is: time out...

I don't exactly remember the error message.

And the app often hangs after I've done the above.

To use the Google hub, I usually have to go to the hub itself and tell Google to play Pandora directly. That usually works though not always.

3.  Another issue is using Pandora as my alarm through my Google clock app on my phone. It no longer works, simply doesn't happen. No settings have changed yet it just doesn't happen.

4.  Connecting with my car used to work flawlessly, and now it works and then it doesn't work and then it works and then it doesn't work. Ie, I used to start the car and the music starts beautifully through Bluetooth through my car setup, that was the past. Now I have to do gymnastics to try to get it to work and it's annoying.

I'm paying for a service yet not receiving the service I'm paying for and used to have.

I've restarted my phone, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Pandora app, I've reset my Google hub. Nothing changes.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @DogmomSherry. 👋

Thanks for providing a detailed post about your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble streaming Pandora to other devices and when connecting to your vehicle. I completely understand how frustrating that can be.

For troubleshooting, I could recommend clearing the app while I have a trace enabled on your account.  You can find the steps here: Android Troubleshooting

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared your feedback with our tech team on an internal ticket. 🎧

0 Kudos

DogmomSherry
Underground

Yesterday, I did all the steps in Android troubleshooting except for clearing all the storage. I only cleared the cache yesterday. Today I cleared all the storage and then couldn't get into Pandora at all for about 20 minutes and trying about 30 times.

Finally got in and had to log back into my account, which is fine.

So now I wait to see what you find. And I appreciate what you're doing.

DogmomSherry
Underground

Simply an update from me to say that nothing has changed.

Pandora app and my Google clock app are still not cooperating. No music.

Pandora app continues to either not connect with the Google hub at all, with error message that my session has timed out, or Pandora thinks it's connected and there's No music coming out of the Google hub. At that point for the latter, I have to use disconnect from Pandora because it genuinely thinks there's music coming out of the Google hub.

And in my car, Pandora might connect or it might not connect or it might think it's connected yet the sound is coming out of my phone and not the car speakers. With the latter, I control everything from the car audio display yet there's no music coming out of those speakers.

I have received a message in the app permissions that this version of Pandora app does not support Android 13, which is what my phone has. And problems started when my phone was updated to Android 13.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @DogmomSherry! Sorry for the continued trouble with Pandora on your Pixel.

I've gone ahead and updated out notes to our engineering team with your latest experience.

I do see that you mention completing the troubleshooting steps in your previous message, however, can you confirm you disabled any battery optimization settings for your Pixel? If you haven't tried that yet, I do suggest disabling those settings to see they will help improve your overall experience.

Thanks for your continued patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DogmomSherry
Underground
Yes, I did all the steps including disabling battery optimizations
0 Kudos