cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora Plus Won't Download Stations

HexagonSun2077
Local Performer

As the title suggests, I'm having trouble with offline stations in the Plus tier of Pandora on Android. I click to enable offline stations and nothing happens... No progress bar or anything. I CAN however download Podcasts with no trouble at all. I currently have over 12gb of storage free on my device, so I know that's not the issue, however, here's some relevant info regarding my device and Pandora App install:

Device: Moto G Power 2021

Payment through Google Play Balance

Android Version: 10 w/ Security Patch from August 1st, 2021.

Pandora App version: 2108.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21081005)

All in all, I love Pandora and Plus is the perfect tier for me; I really enjoy being able to download Podcasts as well, which coming from iOS where you can't, it's a major Plus (no pun intended...); Unfortunately, the automatic offline stations are a no go...

Labels (2)
59 Replies

HexagonSun2077
Local Performer

Update:

I found a solution for this issue; outside of Pandora, my Android phone was also having issues with Google Play APIs, hence, Chrome wouldn't update, etc. I went into my settings, cleared the storage and cache of the Google Play Store and Google Play Services; Pandora downloaded offline stations after that.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @HexagonSun2077. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience. Great tip for a solution.

If you have any additional trouble, please don't hesitate to let us know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

laidbackoh
Local Performer

I have had issues with pandora downloading offline stations for a while. I used to get 1 station, now nothing ever downloads. I have tried turning off offline and back on as well as uninstalling. Nothing seems to work. Tried deleting data.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@laidbackoh I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting Offline Listening

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Jallison1997
Local Performer

I got a new phone 8 days ago and pandora is still "trying to download" my offline stations... thinking of canceling as i can not listen at work now.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Jallison1997. 👋

Let's try out some troubleshooting to see if that helps.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

laidbackoh
Local Performer

I tried several things again to no avail. S10 T-Mobile, latest version

0 Kudos

brajgreg
Underground

I have a pixel 3 with google fi. I've always had 2 stations and thumbprint radio. i thought i was supposed to have 3 and thumbprint but maybe that's wrong. anyway, i followed the steps to remove the stations and try to redownload them, and now i have no stations. i have followed the steps of clearing data, giving the app battery permissions, leaving it running in the foreground and turning offline mode on and back off. i deleted and redownloaded the app. to check and see if it's just my phone, i used my wife's iphone and signed in, and it immediately started downloading my music (though it still just has 2 stations and thumbprint -- so is that correct)? 

how do i get my stations back on my phone?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @laidbackoh. 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. Thank you for getting back to me with that information.

I can report this to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @brajgreg. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and sorry to hear that you're also having issues with your offline stations.

Based on your message, it sounds like you've run through the steps here: Offline Troubleshooting

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Pixel 3
  • Carrier: Google Fi
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

brajgreg
Underground
- Model: Pixel 3
- Carrier: Google Fi
- Android version (Settings > About Phone): 12
- Build number (Settings > About Phone): SP1A.210812.016.C1
- Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings >
About Phone): don't see it
- Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the
bottom of the screen for the version number): 2203.1 (ANDROID-TUNER
22031001)
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your device details, @brajgreg.

I've passed this along to our engineering team for further review. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

laidbackoh
Local Performer

I think I found the root of the problem, by default android 11 removes permissions from apps after a while. I try to turn back on storage, but it only give me the option to turn on for media only, not everything. How do I make it ask for all permissions again, tried reinstalling, all permissions were turned off again.

0 Kudos

brajgreg
Underground
Can I get an update on this?

Thanks,
Bradley
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @brajgreg. 👋

Thanks for your message. Could send over two screenshots?

1. Could you share a screenshot of your collection when you're in Offline Mode?

2. Could you share a screenshot of the download progress?

Go to Profile > Go to Offline

• From here, you should see the downloading progress of your Offline stations.

++

Taking a Screenshot:

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time.
  • You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

I'd like to share this with our device team. Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Aviatormaker
Local Performer

My thumbprint radio is gone from my collection. How do I get it back?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aviatormaker I'm showing Thumbprint Radio is still in your collection:

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 11.03.52 AM.png

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Aviatormaker
Local Performer

Sure! Thank you! How do I attach a photo?

It's not showing up in my app. I can search for it and it shows up but it's not in my collection. And it doesn't show up on my offline stations either. I've tried turning off the offline feature and bringing it back on so I could redownload my stations but that doesn't work either.

I just went back into my app and searched for thumbprints and it came up. I then played it and then at the top to the right there's the information icon I clicked on that. Then it said save so I clicked on that and now it's back in my collection but it's not being downloaded for offline listening.

Screenshot_20220510-165707_Pandora.jpg

 just found the photo button

Screenshot_20220510-165710_Pandora.jpg

I don't think this one went through with the first photo.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

brajgreg
Underground

I can't go into offline mode because of this error message: 

Capture.JPG

It never even starts downloading. See the below image: 

Again, when I tried this on my wife's iPhone, it started immediately. The second photo, if taken on her phone, would have shown a status for the download. Nothing ever comes up on my phone, though. I just double-checked -- I am using 56.19GB of 64GB on my phone. 

Can I get a free upgrade to premium (even if only temporary)? 2 reasons -- 1, to see if I can force a download in premium and 2, because I'm paying for this service almost exclusively so I can listen in offline mode when I'm not in wifi range, and I can't use that feature.

0 Kudos