cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to Cast to Chromecast

Phade
Underground

Hey Everyone!

I have been happily casting Pandora to my Chromecast devices for years using my phone and tablet.  However, I have not been able to connect for the last few days to any of my Chromecast devices (Chromecast Audio, Chromecast Ultra).  Pandora will see the target device, attempt to connect, but then say, "Your session has ended" after a few seconds of silence.

I have attempted to fix it by restarting the devices and my phone (Samsung S10).  All devices are current with software updates.  Other casting services (Amazon) cast just fine from my phone to all Chromecast devices.  

What could be the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks and have a great day!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
64 Replies

glyndon
Opening Act

Before I saw who authored your message, I thought it was my own because it describes exactly what I'd been seeing with it, and all the same other-platform tests too.
I was using a Chromecast for audio output, instead of a Home device, but the results are identical.
Latest evidence seems they may have fixed it now, but most of us seem to have already jumped ship for another provider whose app always works with Chrome/Home/Google/Cast.

Mookpsu
Opening Act

I used to test it once a month or so to see if was ever fixed and a month or so ago I tried it and it actually worked! Till the next day. I migrated to Live One (used to be Slacker) and absolutely love it. Works beautifully with Chromecast and actually digs much deeper into an artists' catalogue in shuffle mode. I signed up for their version of Pandora Plus and it was $14.95 for a year. I believe that was a special introductory price but still. I still have time left on my 6 month Pandora subscription but I will definitely not be renewing it

0 Kudos

Mookpsu
Opening Act

So just for fun, I decided to give it yet another test run tonight as I've done for the better part of two years and as usual, it freezes on the blue screen of death. I just wish they would remove the cast icon from their app because obviously their crack engineering team cannot seem to fix whatever is broke! So instead I will spend my night casting my custom station from Live One since that actually works!

Live One.jpg

Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

Nutralone
Underground

My Android phone with version 6.0 \all of a sudden won't cast to the TV with chromecast. The app shows the cast icon, but when it's hit, it starts and disconnects. All of my other apps are casting fine. Also, for the last couple of weeks, I have been able to turn off my phone and Pandora is still playing on the TV. I've removed and reinstalled the app with no success.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Nutralone 

Thanks for reporting this, I see that you've opened a case with our support team.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos