cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to cast to Sonos

erichjz
Local Performer

Hi,

My Pandora app has no cast option anywhere, for Sonos or anything.

mod edit: format

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @erichjz. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience with Pandora and your Sonos device.

First, I would recommend starting with these steps to see if this helps with locating the cast option on your device: Android Troubleshooting 

If the troubleshooting doesn't help, I can report this on your behalf.

Screenshot + Device Details:

Would you mind sending over a screenshot* of your Now Playing screen where you'd normally be able to cast? I can share the screenshot with our tech team as well as the requested info below:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

*When sharing a photo on community: You can include your screenshot directly in your post on community. This is best done through a web or mobile browser. You will not be able to share a photo through the email notification you may receive. 

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. 

Let me know how the steps work out for you and whether the cast option reappears. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

danielvanhem
Local Performer

I have that problem as well. Sonos used to show up when hitting cast button on bottom right, but no longer. It also only worked sporadically when it was there.This feature is much needed for Pandora app and something that Spotify provides flawlessly. 

0 Kudos

BonChien
Local Performer

I also have the problem. There's no longer a cast button on the Pandora app. I tried uninstalling the current Pandora app installing an old version of the Pandora app from March, 2023, but it didn't work. Not sure what to do to get the Pandora app to play over my Sonos speakers.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @danielvanhem @BonChien. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience with the cast icon missing. I've gone ahead and shared your feedback with our tech team. If you notice anything else, please let me know so that I can report additional details. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

danielvanhem
Local Performer
Hi. Just to clarify: the Cast icon is still there but Sonos is no longer on
the list, which is a feature that used to be there. Nothing has changed in
my Sonos set up and I can still play Pandora through the Sonos app.

BonChien
Local Performer

The cast icon is missing on both my Pixel 6a and Moto G Power. See the screenshot:

Screenshot_20240319-092442.png

0 Kudos