cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to Cast to Sonos

Zorrodrums
Local Performer

I've bought a new phone and cast on pandora to sonos is missing...

My tv is available but no sonos... It was available on my old phone 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Zorrodrums. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience. We have seen other mentions of listeners having trouble with casting to Sonos from their Android devices. I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team as we have an internal ticket open for this issue. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

KeeneBecker
Underground

Hello,

I have a Samsung S10 (SM-G973U) running Android 11 with the latest version of the Pandora App (2101.1), the latest version of the Sonos App (13.0), and the latest version of the Sonos firmware.  Also, I have verified that my device is connected to the same WIFI as my Sonos devices.  However, when I open the Pandora App and play anything the cast icon is not present.

On a side note, when I run the Spotify App on my S10 I am able to cast to my Sonos speakers and I also have an Apple iOS tablet with the Pandora App installed where I am able to successfully cast to my Sonos speakers.

Given this, it appears there may be an issue with the Pandora App running on Android devices as we have several S10 devices in the household and I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 tablet running Android 9 where the Pandora App will not cast to any of the Sonos speakers.

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos

jlar5011
Local Performer

Same issue Samsung S10 AT&T Sonos 13.0.5 Pandora 2103.1 Android tuner.. No casting icon.. I do get the casting capability on my iPad 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @jlar5011 @KeeneBecker. 👋

If you haven't already, I would recommend running through these steps: Android Troubleshooting

@jlar5011 if you continue to have trouble, please post the following so I can report this.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

pjp720
Local Performer

I have a casting icon on my Pandora screen but my Sonos system will not accept the connection, says the "Cast Failed"

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @pjp720. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if they help.

• First, confirm that your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos.
  • Next, check for any updates to the Sonos and Pandora apps. To check for any necessary updates, visit the app store on your device.
  • If you continue to have trouble after you've done that, make sure that your Sonos' firmware is up to date.
  • To check for firmware updates from an iOS or Android device, open your Sonos app and tap on the More tab. Select Settings and then Check for Updates.
  • Once any necessary updates are complete, restart your Sonos device and try Pandora again.

Feel free to me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos