cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Offline Stations

Oocee
Local Performer

New phone, had offline stations on old phone. Thought I had it set on new phone but only two song played and it quit. When does it download? How long does it take to download? How can I tell if it actually downloaded? I assume the app has to be open, but does it have to be playing to download? How much will it download? How can I control the download amount? Why do you make it so hard to get to offline mode? It's buried in settings. How can I add variety? last phone downloads were the same 20 songs, drove me nuts. If I delete and re-download is it the same songs or does it get different songs?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Oocee Nice to see you around the community.

In regards to the app only playing two songs and then quitting:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. When you say it "quits" does the app crash and completely close? Or is the issue that the music pauses itself after two songs play?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To address your questions about Offline Mode:

This help page article provides some useful information on how Offline Mode works.

If you are having issues downloading content for Offline Mode:

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, please try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Oocee Nice to see you around the community.

In regards to the app only playing two songs and then quitting:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. When you say it "quits" does the app crash and completely close? Or is the issue that the music pauses itself after two songs play?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To address your questions about Offline Mode:

This help page article provides some useful information on how Offline Mode works.

If you are having issues downloading content for Offline Mode:

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, please try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

0 Kudos

rwhip25
Local Performer

i paid 4 99 for pandora plus and i cant listen offline 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @rwhip25. 👋

Looks like you're using an Android device to stream Pandora. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Downloading Offline Stations

At this time, you have two stations associated with your Pandora account. Feel free to check out this helpful article about your offline tunes here: Offline Mode and Downloads 

I would recommend checking out @AdamPandora's post here about how to download your offline stations.

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

ASH420hull
Local Performer

I cant get mine to work because it says my stations aren't downloaded. How do I fix it?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ASH420hull, thanks for posting to community!

I moved your message over to a thread that I think is more similar to what is happening with you: Downloading Offline Stations

Can you try disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora open and in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  3. Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this email.

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos