cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Stations won't download with Pandora Plus

Lugtharg
Local Performer

I have tried everything and I can't get my four station. I have tried to download, delete my thumbnail... I literally have tried everything and getting frustrated.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
74 Replies

kdroberts0207
Local Performer

Until this weekend I had three stations plus thumbprint radio in my offline stations.  Now, I have no stations.  It appears that there has been an update to the application as I no longer have a "Menu" button and the Offline Mode selector has been moved to the Settings under my Profile.

I do not know if this is related but I also often get a "Error loading profile" message when going to that part of the app.

Troubleshooting Steps I have tried:
Cleared App Cache
Cleared App Data
Uninstalled and Reinstalled App
Performed steps in https://help.pandora.com/s/article/Troubleshooting-Offline-Listening-1519949306594?language=en_US

My phone/app information:
Phone - Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Carrier - Sprint
App Version - 1909.2
The issue occurs over both cellular and WiFi.

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kdroberts0207 Sorry to hear about the stations and profile issues you ran into after the update to the app.

I reached out to our Support Team who notified me that they've created a support case for you and will be reaching out to you at the email address associated with your pandora.com account soon to provide additional guidance from what you've already tried.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

Erick | Community Manager

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Junzilla
Local Performer
Having the same issue. Has this been solved?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Junzilla Nice to see you around the community.

What is the make and model of your device (and carrier, if applicable)?

Let me know.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Junzilla
Local Performer

Note 8. Tmo. 30 gb space remaining. I don't really listen to offline except when I need to either on the plane or driving. All stations missing and can not be selected after the app updated. 

0 Kudos

kdroberts0207
Local Performer

Which version of Pandora do you have installed?  When I created this thread I was on 1909.2.  I am currently on 1910.3, and the problem seems to have been resolved.

AlyssaPandora

@Junzilla I would recommend trying @kdroberts0207 suggestion of updating the app to the newest version which is 1910.3.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Let us know if you run into any additional trouble.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Junzilla
Local Performer

It is on the latest version 1910.3. The app updates itself for better or in this case, for worse. I think the new version messed it up.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks so much for confirming that info.

If you haven't already, be sure to try out the steps here

In the meantime, I've shared your info with our engineering team.

0 Kudos

Dannoman3440
Local Performer
I have the plus subscription. In the details it says up to 4 offline stations are avaliable. Only 1 will download and its not even the station i listen to the most. How do i get the other 3 stations to download? I have about 8 stations in online mode and almost always connected to wifi.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Dannoman3440 Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Other listeners have reported similar issues with their offline stations. 

Did you get a chance to try out these steps yet?

If not, I recommend trying them to see if it resolves your issue.

If you still have trouble, please let me know in your reply on this thread. 

TannerPandora

Hi @Lugtharg sorry for any trouble with offline stations. Let's try some troubleshooting!

I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora open and in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

Since you're a Pandora Plus subscriber, Pandora will automatically download 3 of your stations, along with your Thumbprint Radio Station. Since you mentioned that you had deleted your Thumbprint Radio, I've reached out to our support team and asked that they restore this station for you. 

Let me know if you're still having trouble with offline stations after you've completed the steps. 

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

CashMontana717
Local Performer

How can i get 3 stations downloaded for offline listening without it only downloading just 1 or 2?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @CashMontana717 thanks for posting to community. I've moved your post to an exisiting thread because it sounds like you have a similar problem.

I'd recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps for offline listening in my post above

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

cfalk
Local Performer
So I just upgraded to Plus, which is supposed to allow me four channels of offline listening. The app will only download one, and won't even give me the option of choosing it. If anyone has any insight on how to add the other three stations, OF MY choosing, preferably, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cfalk I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue with getting all of your offline content to download.

I'd recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps for offline listening in @TannerPandora 's post above

Let me know how it goes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Choosing your offline stations:

To clarify, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, so I'll pass this idea onto our product team to consider. 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

Adam | Community Moderator

Big_swede
Underground

I am having the exact same problem for months! Has you problem been fixed?

0 Kudos

mloselle20
Local Performer

I too cannot get more than two stations to download.  I followed all of the recommendations on this thread and none of them work.  I listen mostly offline so that I don't use my data from my cellular plan.  I've contacted Pandora, but did not receive a response.  I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my Pandora Plus subscription and signing up for Amazon Music which also allows offline listening.  It's a little more expensive, but Amazon's customer service at least acknowledges the customer when they ask for assistance. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @mloselle20. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your offline tunes.

I checked in with our User Support team, and they haven't received any emails from the email address associated with your Pandora account. In the meantime, I'm happy to help see what's going on.

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Please keep in mind, Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

++

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, could you provide me with a bit more information about your device?

• What is the make and model?
  • What carrier do you use?
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos