cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spinning "Signing In" message

jbelich
Underground

I just, minutes ago, upgraded my account to premium.

Now, the app on my tablet (Android: Samsung GT-N8013) refuses to log in.  Just sits there, spinning on "Signing In".  Clearing data doesn't work, neither does restarting nor uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

What gives?!?  do I have to cancel my premium account to get it to work again?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbelich On Android devices, the current version of Pandora requires Marshmallow 6.0 or higher. To confirm the Android version you are running on your device, open Settings, General, About Device, and Android Version. 

If you are running an Android OS version older than Marshmallow 6.0, you will need to update your device's operating system. 

For some Android devices, you can update by going to Settings > General > About device > Software updates > Check for update

If you are using an Android device that is not able to upgrade to Marshmallow or higher, you should be able to download a previous version of the Pandora app from the Google Play store. 

Otherwise, you won't be able to download Pandora on that device. 

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbelich I moved your message to the Android space to keep the community tidy.

Running through the troubleshooting steps listed on this page.

If you continue to experience issues, please reach back out and let me know. 

0 Kudos

jbelich
Underground

that's nice.

doesn't answer my problem tho.. and yes i tried the troubleshooting.  doesn't work.

do you know how I can get actual support from support staff?  I just plunked down $100.. If i don't get a resolution soon, i'm going to reverse it.

0 Kudos

jbelich
Underground

btw, it took some digging, but I found a support email....  y'all hide it well

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbelich On Android devices, the current version of Pandora requires Marshmallow 6.0 or higher. To confirm the Android version you are running on your device, open Settings, General, About Device, and Android Version. 

If you are running an Android OS version older than Marshmallow 6.0, you will need to update your device's operating system. 

For some Android devices, you can update by going to Settings > General > About device > Software updates > Check for update

If you are using an Android device that is not able to upgrade to Marshmallow or higher, you should be able to download a previous version of the Pandora app from the Google Play store. 

Otherwise, you won't be able to download Pandora on that device. 

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Vleeruss16
Local Performer

What about for iPhones? It still just keeps spinning when I put in the info. I even got a brand new email , just so there was a fresh start still nothing

0 Kudos

toddsdonald
Local Performer

Mine did the same thing. Pandora was working fine on samsung s4 with android 4.3 and a mid level paid subscription to Pandora. After I upgraded my subscription to the top of the line version, it no longer works on the Samsung s4. I've tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, but its still stuck on "signing in". Do I need to revert to the cheaper version of Pandora to use it on the older phone?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @toddsdonald thanks for posting to community - sorry for any trouble.

The current version of Pandora requires Android 7.0 or higher. If your device is running a version older than Android 7.0, you will need to update your device's operating system. 

If you are using a device that is not able to upgrade to Android 7.0 or higher, you should be able to download a previous version of the Pandora app from the Google Play store. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

toddsdonald
Local Performer

This makes no sense. My Pandora Plus worked perfectly on the same device. It only screwed up after upgrading to Premium.

0 Kudos

jbelich
Underground

what they're saying is our devices are too old to try and diagnose.

0 Kudos