cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Edit Playlists on Premium App Version 2004.1

Kyle1
Local Performer

Does anyone know how to fix the issue of a playlist not allowing you to move songs around

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
41 Replies

Pookou
Underground

Make that two people who can't save edits to their playlists. I tried closing the app and re-opening but it didn't do anything. Might try uninstalling and reinstalling next to completely reset

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @PrecookedDonkey @Pookou. 👋

@PrecookedDonkey Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. I completely understand where you're coming from.

We do have some existing feature requests that you can comment on / upvote that you may be interested in:

If you find that any of our feature requests don't match what you'd like to see implemented, please create your suggestion here.

Rest assured, we make it a priority to share community feedback  as well as the feature requests on your behalf to our product and engineering teams. 

++

In the meantime, we're aware of this issue with editing playlists from an Android device. Engineering is working on this and your experiences have been shared with them.

Your patience is much appreciated while we work on this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Pookou
Underground

Update: uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work.

I eagerly look forward to the next pandora update that hopefully fixes this bug.

I also didn't know there was a way to prevent duplicates on playlists so thanks!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pookou I'm sorry uninstalling / reinstalling didn't help. While I don't have an ETA of the fix, hopefully this will be resolved soon so you can go back to listening / editing your playlists normally. As of now, this is a known issue to our engineering team and they are working diligently on a fix for it.

To clarify, preventing duplicates is currently a feature request. Be sure to upvote / comment on the ideas you'd like to see within the app to express your interest.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Pookou
Underground

Gotcha, I'll certainly upvote that suggestion then. Thanks!

RICHARDPECK
Underground

i have a android phone... and my playlists will not show up when i want to add a song. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @RICHARDPECK. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as other listeners are having trouble editing / adding to their playlists. We're aware of this issue, and we're currently working on it. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused during your listening sessions.

If you feel up to it, you can share your device info so that I can pass this along to engineering:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks so much for reporting this! 

0 Kudos

RICHARDPECK
Underground

MODEL: LG STYLO 4

CARRIER: METRO PCS

ANDROID VERSION: 8.1.0

PANDOR VERSION: 2004.1(ANDROID-TUNER 2004.1RC9)

Update: still not working tried again this morning 4/27/2020 reading all the other issues. Seems to me its been going on for a few days. As the others have stated we pay monthly for a service. Service is broken. If service not fixed people leave. Its weird how I can go online and do this with my computer but I cant with my mobile device. I dont know about most but I cant carry my computer around being its a desk top and not a lap top.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RICHARDPECK I completely understand where you're coming from. I've shared your device information and experience with our engineers. 

We greatly appreciate your patience while we work on a fix.

0 Kudos

Keithmadruga
Underground

I too am having trouble rearranging my Playlist order. After I hit save, nothing saves. It used to work in the past but now nothing.... I have galaxy s20+

LilBill2016
Local Performer

The save option does not work on when I try to re-order my playlist in the Android app. When I press Save or the (X) nothing I have edited changes.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Keithmadruga. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this. Sorry that you're also experiencing this issue.

If you feel up to, please share the requested info in my message which can be found here.

In the meantime, I'm sharing your comment with our engineering team as we have a ticket open for this issue in our internal system. 

Appreciate your patience during this time! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LilBill2016 I moved your post over to this thread as there are others who have also reported a similar experience when editing playlists.

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora linked in her message above.

If that doesn't help, please follow up with the additional information requested in that same post, and we will be happy to pass your feedback along to our engineers for further review.

Thanks for all your patience with this. 

Keithmadruga
Underground

Model: Samsung galaxy s20+

Carrier: T Mobile

Android Version: 10

Pandora Version: 2004.1 (ANDROID TUNER 2004.1RC9)

I am having an issue rearranging my Playlists. None of my changes save on Android. It all works fine on desktop though 😕

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Keithmadruga Thank you for this helpful information.

As promised, I've added your details to the ticket for engineering. Again, I'm sorry that the rearrangement/saving functionality isn't working from your Android device. Our engineering team is working diligently on a fix.

0 Kudos

Korgath13
Underground

I'm having the same issue

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Korgath13. 👋

Thanks for your post, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Would you mind providing the requested info from my message here?

Let me know, as I'd like to share your info with engineering as well.

0 Kudos

Korgath13
Underground

Model:  Coolpad cp3705A

Carrier: MetroPCS

Android version: 9

Pandora Version: 2004.1

TannerPandora

Hi @Korgath13! Thanks for the info. 

We released the latest version for Android recently. Can you try and update the Pandora app to 2004.2 and see if this helps?

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Korgath13
Underground

Updating fixes the issue.

Thank you