cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Help" Pandora Will No Longer Load On My Android

VMD
Local Performer

I've had my Pandora account since 2002. I had the mobile app loaded on my Android Samsung G7 for 2 yeasrs with no problems. I recently purchased a new vehicle and paired my Android to enjoy Pandora. It worked great for about 7 days, now I can't get Pandora to load in or out of my vehicle. I've installed and uninstalled, I've reset, turned my phone off, nothing. After installing the Pandora app, I try to load and all I get is a pulse of the "P". My account is good because I can access Pandora from my laptop. 

Can someone please offer some troubleshooting assistance? 

Thank you so much.

VMD

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @VMD welcome to community! 🎧 Does the app every load or does it remain on the "P" and then finally close?

In the meantime, I'd recommend trying these steps:

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

23 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @VMD welcome to community! 🎧 Does the app every load or does it remain on the "P" and then finally close?

In the meantime, I'd recommend trying these steps:

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

kamesha1
Local Performer

These steps did not work, the app is not working

0 Kudos

ginagirlmycuda1
Local Performer

please load pandora fpr me 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ginagirlmycuda1. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening.

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps from @TannerPandora's message here.

Let me know if this helps.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Savage0411
Local Performer

Thanks, I  read your reply and it solved my problem on my new S10+

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Savage0411. 👋

Welcome to the community!

Thanks so much for letting us know that @TannerPandora's suggestion helped with your issue. Sounds like you're back to listening.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

kjskinner
Underground

I have the exact same problem. About a week ago, Pandora stopped loading on my Android phone. I cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled, still nothing. App starts, P starts pulsing, then nothing.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @kjskinner. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with app loading when you launch it on your device.

Would you mind sharing more details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

++

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Are you noticing any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know as I'd like to report this to engineering on your behalf.

0 Kudos

kjskinner
Underground

Phone is Alcatel 5008R, Android 8.1.0, Build EXZ8UC80, Security patch April 5, 2020. I can't find Pandora version, but I downloaded from Play store a few days ago. Starting app, I get a pulsing P, then "Waiting for Connection. Try again? I mostly use Pandora on home WiFi, but my carrier is Cricket.

While I was finding that info., I left the phone on that "Waiting for connection" screen and after about thirty seconds, it gave me a login screen. I tried logging in, but wound up back at that "Waiting for connection" screen. And after resetting my password, it is not autofilling the PW, so I will have to reset that again.

0 Kudos

kjskinner
Underground

Okay. Don't know if you did something on your end, but after resetting my password about a half dozen times, and restarting my phone, I seem to be back in business.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kjskinner I didn't make any changes from my end. 

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're back in business. I'm sorry to hear that took resetting your password multiple times.

If you run into any additional issues, please don't hesitate to let me know. In the meantime, happy listening! 🎶

0 Kudos

alanward
Local Performer

I go into apps and go to Pandora clear the data in storage and still.all I get is a pulsing p. I go back to apps and go to Pandora tap on storage and the data is back after I deleted it.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @alanward! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear those steps didn't help. 

Can you tell me a little more about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Since you can't open Pandora you should be able to find this with the following steps: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

VegasBob
Local Performer

I'm having the same pulsating problem on my Samsung tablet.  Works fine on my Samsung phone.  I've tried all the fixes above but just pulssaates & waits for connection.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@VegasBob To clarify, does a "waiting for connection" error message also appear when you attempt to load the app on your tablet?

If so, can you please send me a screenshot of that error message?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Maxfli58
Underground

Have the same issue with my Samsung phone on Android 11. App fails to open and asks to CANCEL or RETRY. Sometimes I get an error code 3005. Tried the steps suggested but no luck. Have another Samsung phone (also Android 11), same version of Pandora but it works fine.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Maxfli58. 👋

Thanks so much for writing in about this. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version: Android 11
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

MusicFan0145
Local Performer

My new S20 FE won't let Panorama load for more than 3 sec.

The "P" pulsates then switches to my last music selection and then shuts down

How do I fix

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @MusicFan0145. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here.

If you continue to have trouble after trying out those steps, please provide the following info:

• Model: S20 FE
  • Carrier:
  • Android version:
  • Pandora version:

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos