cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low volume over CarPlay

ceejeigh
Local Performer

Pandora volume is much lower than other apps over Apple CarPlay and when turning the volume way up to get a comparable sound level it’s still missing low end. Over Bluetooth the sound level is fine. Pandora is the only app the exhibits this issue over CarPlay. Issue started within the past 1-2 weeks. Vehicle is 2018 Dodge Durango R/T. Phone is an iPhone Pro with the latest iOS updates. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ceejeigh Someone from our Automotive team will be reaching out to you via email to look into this further.

Keep an eye out for their message! 📬

0 Kudos

LuizPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @ceejeigh thank you for your report and for the details you provided. I have a few questions and if possible I wanted to ask you to perform a simple test to help us diagnose.

The questions are:
1) Do you only experience the low volume issue when you connect to CarPlay via a USB cable?
2) What Pandora app version are currently on?
3) Do you typically perform voice search using "Hey Pandora"?

The simple test would be the following assuming you connect to CarPlay via USB:
1) Before connecting your phone to your car, close the Pandora app if it's running.
2) After closing the app, connect your phone to your car via USB
3) Open the Pandora app from the CarPlay dashboard

Does the volume behave normally or as you expected?

We really appreciate your help and input!

Luiz | Sr. Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

wintercombat
Local Performer

I’ve noticed the same issue. it doesn’t happen every time, but when i plug in for carplay thé audio sounds muffled until i click onto the physical app icon and am in the carplay feature exclusively and usually after that it’s fine to go between apps and the cars normal interface as if it was connected via bluetooth. 

noticed this with both my 2020 forte and 2017 sedona. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @wintercombat! Sorry for the trouble. I've created a report to pass along to our engineers so that they can investigate further.

Would you mind following up with any of the applicable questions that @LuizPandora posted above. You can click here to view his post. 

Thank you much for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

LuizPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @wintercombat,

It looks like your head unit is switching to hands free mode, used for phone calls and voice assistants. If you don't typically search for music by saying "Hey Pandora" here is one thing you can try.

In your iPhone, hit "Settings", then scroll to towards the bottom where the apps are. Find Pandora there and select it, then toggle off the "Microphone" permission. That will disable the "Hey Pandora" search, but should help with avoiding hands-free mode while playing Pandora in your car. You should still be able to ask Pandora to play specific music using Siri regardless.

Please let us know what your experience is with these steps. We would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you!

Luiz | Sr. Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

dsparkma
Local Performer

I am experiencing the same issue with Carplay and Pandora. The volume is frozen at a low level when I connect carplay and cannot be adjusted. It works fine on my iPhone 11 when it's disconnected from Carplay.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ceejeigh. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with Pandora in your vehicle. 

If possible, please check out @LuizPandora's post here

Then, follow up with the requested info to help us better understand what's happening. Could you also share the make and model of your car?

Once I have more details, I can share this with our engineering team as we do have a ticket open for this issue.

Thanks so much for your help with this! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

2018GMCTerrain
Local Performer

My Pandora volume worked perfect until I did my gmc radio upgrade last week. I normally play Pandora by Bluetooth or USB if I need to charge my phone. 
now since the upgrade I have to turn the volume all the way up for normal volume. Radio is fine it’s just Pandora. 
Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

2018GMCTerrain
Local Performer

My Pandora version is 2008.1

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@2018GMCTerrain Thanks for sharing your experience to the Community.

Would you mind following up with any of the applicable questions that @LuizPandora posted above?

The questions are:

1. Do you only experience the low volume issue when you connect to CarPlay via a USB cable? Bluetooth or USB
  2. What Pandora app version are currently on? 2008.1
  3. Do you typically perform voice search using "Hey Pandora"?

The simple test would be the following assuming you connect to CarPlay via USB:

1. Before connecting your phone to your car, close the Pandora app if it's running.
  2. After closing the app, connect your phone to your car via USB
  3. Open the Pandora app from the CarPlay dashboard

Does the volume behave normally or as you expected?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Mendacity13
Local Performer

I am in a 2020 Jeep Wrangler. When using Bluetooth my amps kick in and the volume is loud. When connected to Android carplay the volume gets muted. I have tried looking into the volume settings to no avail so far. I always keep my apps up to date so I do not think this is a pandora issue it is a carplay/USB problem.

0 Kudos

djlive101
Local Performer

@LuizPandora  I have endured the same issue, from Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music and Pandora... usual listening level is around 28 on the volume nob, but anything on Pandora has to be at 35 ... i have tried to restart the app, i have engaged from car play and have started from the phone either or is the same outcome, have one more test i will do later this evening... i can physically plug in or wirelessly and this has been wirelessly so far.

0 Kudos

Nessa_SD
Local Performer

I just had this same issue on my iPhone 13 and came here looking for answers. Ultimately I fixed it by turning up the volume on my phone itself using the buttons on the left of the phone. 

I hope this helps others! 

0 Kudos