cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS/Mercedes: Won't connect via Bluetooth

Hammertime
Local Performer

I am also having the exact same problem with an iOS, and a 2017 Mercedes sprinter van 2500 model, it’s highly infuriating please help, I can totally talk on my phone on Bluetooth my Pandora does not connect to my automotive system

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Hammertime
Local Performer
Thanks for the tip I’ll give that a shot, but My issue is it plays on my phone out loud but just won’t transfer over to my car Bluetooth despite seeing iPhone connected

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Hammertime!

Does this only happen trying to connect in your car or other Bluetooth enabled devices?

Can you let me know some details about phone:

• Make and mode of your iPhone
  • iOS version
  • Pandora version

Let me know if you need help finding this info. Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Hammertime
Local Performer
Thanks for reply, only happens with my car. I don’t have the issue with Bluetooth headphones. **ahem** complicated high Maintenance  Mercedes!!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

How weird, @Hammertime! Since your experience is a little different, I've created a new thread for you.

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account. I'd like you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app and then creating a fresh Bluetooth connection with your car.

To do that*:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app.

To remove the Bluetooth pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Xglbx
Local Performer

Same issue w/ my 2023 Mercedes glb, Bluetooth connection is fine as well as the pandora app everywhere & any other car make I connect to but as soon as it’s connected to the Mercedes the app shows lost network/cannot connect to network, I’ve deleted & reinstalled the app on my iPhone, I’ve deleted my phone from the car & reinstalled but as soon as my phone connects via Bluetooth or even wired connection for CarPlay pandora has lost connection to the network

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Xglbx Welcome to community and sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting Pandora to your Mercedes.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you tell me a little more about experience and your iPhone:

• Model
  • OS version
  • Pandora version
  • Does the error message appear on the car's head unit or within the Pandora app? Could you share a picture of what this looks like?
  • When connecting to your car, are you connected to a WiFi hotspot within the vehicle or your phones cellular network?

Thanks for the help!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Xglbx
Local Performer
iPhone 11 Pro Max sw: 16.6.1
Pandora 2308.1

>xcorp<
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info, @Xglbx.

When you get a chance, let me know if you're connected to a Hotspot within your vehicle or a cellular connection on your mobile.

Also, if the error message appears again, can you share a picture or screenshot of what this looks like. You can attach a picture directly here on community. The best way to do this is through a web or mobile browser. You won't be able to attach a screenshot to the email notification.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Xglbx
Local Performer
This is just through my phone

>xcorp<
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks, @Xglbx. While I don't have any steps to suggest currently, the information you provided is helpful. I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation. Thanks again for your help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos