Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Wrap Up & New Year's Resolution

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy 2020, Pandora Community! 

I hope you all had the opportunity to enjoy the holiday season and were able to spend some time with your friends, family, and whoever else may be important in your life. I wanted to give you a quick recap of how my 2019 ended and also share a couple of songs that speak to how I am feeling about 2020 and my New Year's resolutions.

• The week before Christmas: I was fortunate enough to travel to New York City to meet with my team at our SiriusXM HQ. It was great having the opportunity to share everything about the progress of the Pandora Community and the exponential growth we've had since launching in mid-September. I was beyond proud to share specific examples of how our listeners, like @Owlcoolrule, are assisting each other and how we've been able to foster a space where our listeners, like @Lydia, have been able to share their opinions, playlists, and general discussion around music and Pandora. My boss and I were also fortunate enough to visit the SiriusXM studios and see where the magic happens for all the SXM shows 🎤.20191218_161518.jpg

• As this was my first ever trip to NY: I was fortunate enough to stay a couple of extra days to explore the city. Oh what a beautiful city NY is during the month of December! There is sooooo much Christmas spirit all over the Manhattan streets. My favorite parts about my explorations were checking out the Statue of Liberty 🗽 and getting the opportunity to finally see the World Trade Center Memorial Museum. I felt privileged and proud to be in NY and spent an entire day on each of these sites. I also loved that if I was hungry, I could easily stop at any cart vendor on the streets and grab a quick hot dog 🌭. I was also able to write my wish for 2020 on a piece of confetti that was dropped from the rooftops of Times Square when the ball dropped.20191221_141734.jpg

• Christmas Week: I was back home in the Bay Area on the week of Christmas and was so ready to spend time with my family and girlfriend. My family traditionally celebrates the Christmas holiday on December 24th so I spent the evening with my giant family of parents, brothers, uncles, aunts, family friends, and way too many cousins to count 💃🕺🎄. On the proper 25th, I spent the day at my girlfriend's house with her family sharing delicious food and exchanging gifts. It was a merry time and I couldn't have asked for a better month of December.20191224_144237.jpg

20191224_165823.jpg

20191224_192049.jpg

• New Year's Day: After all of my activities in December, my New Year's Day was spent watching College Football Bowl Games and in the evening went to watch the movie Knives Out with my girlfriend, which I highly recommend! I ended up falling asleep at around 11PM and didn't even hear any fireworks to wake me up.

We accomplished a lot together in the months since launching the Pandora Community. I want to take this time to thank my moderation team: @AdamPandora@AlyssaPandora, and @TannerPandora as well as our engineering squad: @TWolfPandora, @WolfPandora@MattPandora, & @TmacPandora for making 2019 a successful one. I am excited to continue to build an engaged community with the 20,000+ listeners who joined the community! We are here to serve you and make your Pandora Community experience a great one! We are forever grateful to each and every one of you!

Here are a few tidbits on what we accomplished together in 2019:

• We launched the Pandora Community in September.
  • We broke 20,000+ registered listeners on the Pandora Community.
  • From September to now, the Community received roughly ~672k page views & ~201k unique visitors.
  • We awarded ~60k badges to all of our listeners.
    • 6.3k badges were awarded for reaching your 1-year Pandora Anniversary. This was our most commonly awarded badge.
    • 10 badges were awarded for reaching 250+ podcast listening hours. This was our least awarded badge.

Here's to a successful 2020 and our continued success as a tight knit community of music lovers, creators, and Pandora power users! 🥳🥂

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

Tags (1)
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love this - thanks for sharing 👍

Super excited to see what's in store for 2020! 🎉🎶🥁🎤

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

crucialsol
Local Performer

Quite a spectacular year. Congrats on the success! Robot Very Happy

I also see you root for my favorite team. Go Niners!!!

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Well done guys!

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JackPhantom We couldn't have done it without the support of folks like you! 💪 I am forever grateful for the support we've received and look forward to continuing to grow and improve with your support.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos