cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself

Pandora

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Whether you've been a long-time Pandora listener or are new to our platform, we'd like to take the time to welcome you to the Pandora family!

We'd also like to take this time to hear from you! Share a picture of yourself below (if you feel comfortable doing so) and add the following so we have a better understanding of who you are:

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

We hope to hear from many of you and hope that your Pandora Community experience is a memorable one. 🎧

Tags (1)
1,287 Replies

Jowhittier
Local Performer
  • Hello I'm JoWhittier from Whittier California like to listen to a variety of music Rock, mostly Old School Rock, Soul, R&B again Old School, like to have dose of Oldies But Goodies, Motown on Sundays also like Jazz, 80's New Waive, but my absolute favorite genre is The Blues. I have my Pandora set on shuttle so I can keep that variaty. My favorite artist are Santana, Steve  Ray Vaughn, Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, War, Chicago and The Beatles. No matter what day it is or what time it is I absolutely must have music playing, it just puts me in a good mood. Hope everyone who reads this

 is having a great day Go Raiders...lol

• 1470027959049.jpg

ChloeElizabeth
Underground

Hi! I’m Chloe Elizabeth. I am 19, I have been a musician for 15 years, and a violinist for 14 years. My favorite genera of music is classical! But I also love listening to Celtic, Jazz, Choral, and some pop . I hope to see how many hours of music I have listened to this year, because I know I have listen to a LOT of music. 🎶 

ChloeElizabeth
Underground

I’ve also been listening to Pandora for about 3 years now. 😊 

@ChloeElizabeth  great to meet you, I also love a great variety of music, including Celtic, Jazz, pretty much everything except for Rap. We have a daily post called GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) you are more than welcome to add to that list, just click on the reply and post your choice of genre song for that day, and I will add it to the GSOTD playlist I created. I created it just for this purpose, so all who want to listen to it can. Songs are added to this playlist daily. Well it was great to meet you. Have a great day, take care and stay safe.  

Moderator edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

BigDaddy66426
Opening Act

Wade from Phoenix, AZ- Metal!!! Priest. Avenged Sevenfold-- just music!!!!

Acreditar-Nicol
Underground

Name: Lars
Favorite genre of Music: Emo Alt Rock Hip Hop Pop (A.K.A. Twenty One Pilots)
Currently Listening to: Twenty One Pilots, Bastille, AJR, George Erza, and some singles from similar Artists
Favorite Feature: Pandora Plus: Being rather young paying for an amazing service for only $5 per month is amazing! Pandora also has a great community though, which is also awesome

@Acreditar-Nicol  nice to meet you. I also like George Ezra's music, I like all kinds of music, just not rap. Anyway, I hope to see you around the community more. If you ever have any problems, or questions related to anything Pandora, these are the one's you want to contact, @AlyssaPandora , @AdamPandora , @ErickPandora , and @TannerPandora . They are the moderators for Pandora. They are great people who will do all they can to help you. 

Again nice to meet ya, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Acreditar-Nicol Thanks for the introduction!

We are happy to hear you are enjoying the Community aspect of Pandora. 

Some of my favorite threads on the Community have been created by our very own @MOHLovesAlaska - feel free to check them out and participate if you have the chance to:

Hope we continue to see you around some more! 😎

Truckerguy69
Underground

Hey Alex,I am a otr truck driver and spend Alot of time on the road. I also subscribe to Pandora Premium and connect my phone too my Bluetooth in my truck. I also have Pandora app on my TV at home,There should be a way too cast Pandora music from a device too a TV like there is with youtube.

Truckerguy69
Underground

Name? Todd

Where you're from? East Coast of North Carolina

What your favorite genre of music is? A variety of Beach Music, Country, Rock n Roll,Old school Hip hop and some new

What you're currently listening to? Rock n Roll Guns n Roses

Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Listening offline when I'm in areas driving my big rig and loose signal

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Truckerguy69. 👋

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Thanks so much for introducing yourself. We're happy to have you as a member of the community, and we're glad that you're enjoying your offline tunes while you drive. :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Jackie_Star
Underground

Hi Im Jackie and I am 17 years old

Blackflag1971
Local Performer

1603799167221.jpg

Name is Mitchell Edwards

Live in Spring, Texas. Im 47 and single. Trying to find my way through this Covid **ahem** and get back to concert life again.I am old school Heavy Metal and Thrash Metal fan.I love all music made. I am a Blast Fiend for those that rep ThE MeN out there "Nocturnal Rulez!" Ive been Slayer fan from Hell Awaits album dropped. And its hard to believe im almost at 15 years of listening to Pandora. Heck i remember the day i downloaded and added the app to my computer. lol Lets say this i used Myspace. And there wasnt a Facebook for about another 3 years later.Hey add me and dont be afraid to say hey.I love music and all types. So hit me with any questions or if you just want to see what Houston is up to.    Machine F'kn Head!, Carcass, Merciful Fate, The King!, Jeff Walker, DevilDriver And Dez is a Savior! 

@Blackflag1971  great to meet ya, if you post some of your favorite songs I will add them to the GSOTD playlist, it is a playlist that I posted in the community for all to listen to, new songs are added to this playlist daily. GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day). Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the intro, @Blackflag1971.

Happy to have you as a part of the Community! 😎

blankface
Opening Act

NAME:  Glenn
GENRES:  lately, I’ve been interested in classical, instrumental, new age, and folk music from all over the world without regard to lyrics or language. 
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:  Faun Radio
FAVORITE FEATURE:  I love hearing music from artists and bands I would never have run across without Pandora’s suggestions based upon stations from bands or genres I’ve listened to.

@blankface nice to meet you, I'm from Up-State N.Y almost half way between Albany and the Big Apple, my favorite music is everything, with the exception of Rap. I cannot get in-tuned to it. I also love Bagpipe music, Celtic, New Age. If ever you feel like sharing your favorites, please feel free to do so in the Community. We have a daily post called GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day), they are also added to a playlist I created just for this purpose here is the link,  https://pandora.app.link/jFrYNfccccb , all songs that are chosen for GSOTD are put on this playlist, so naturally the playlist is constantly growing everyday. I believe it is now over 300 songs. Well, you take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

blankface
Opening Act

Do you normally stand sideways?  I find that gravity doesn’t like it when I do that.  🙂  I suppose it’s better than walking around upside down.  
I had a doctors appointment at a hospital recently, and after asking me the usual questions upon entering the hospital under these unusual circumstances, they gave me a “we’ve talked to you” sticker (I forget the actual label on it) which they put on me upside down, so I told people I must have been walking around on my head all day and didn’t know it.  🙂

blankface
Opening Act

@MOHLovesAlaska , I am pretty much an everything-but-rap-and-heavy-metal guy.  Bagpipes and new age are definitely in my musical taste too.  (I love Scottish and Irish music where bagpipes seem to be fairly common.)  Maggie Sansone’s hammered dulcimer, or any hammered dulcimer player, is just a beautiful sound.  
I play recorder, and that seems to be a popular instrument in different nationalities of European folk music.  Alas, I’m nowhere near skilled enough to play any of the monstrously difficult classical music recorder pieces.  Sadly, the recorder tends to be thought of more as a toy or beginning musician instrument, but in some adept hands, it is a beautiful sound.
I’m probably just rambling about my musical enjoyments now, so I guess I’ll stop here for now.

blankface
Opening Act

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I’ve been a Pandora fan for many years.  I forget when I first signed up.