cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Introduce Yourself

Pandora

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Whether you've been a long-time Pandora listener or are new to our platform, we'd like to take the time to welcome you to the Pandora family!

We'd also like to take this time to hear from you! Share a picture of yourself below (if you feel comfortable doing so) and add the following so we have a better understanding of who you are:

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

We hope to hear from many of you and hope that your Pandora Community experience is a memorable one. ๐ŸŽง

Tags (1)
1,287 Replies

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd like to personally welcome everyone to the Pandora Community! I am Erick, the Community Manager here. If there is anything my team and I can do to make this a better experience for you, do not hesitate to reach out by @ mentioning me in a post. Happy listening! ๐ŸŽง

• Name? Erick
    Compressed.jpg
  • Where you're from? San Francisco, Bay Area
  • What your favorite genre of music is? I am a huge Hip-Hop head
  • What you're currently listening to? Currently listening to Boogie - Everything's for Sale album
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? For You tab as this is where I am able to discover other artists/songs that I have not yet listened to that may peak my interest.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

TannerPandora

I'd like to be the second person to personally welcome everyone to the Pandora Community! ๐Ÿ˜ I'm Tanner, a Community Moderator. Feel to reach out if you have any questions or just want to say hi. You can @TannerPandora in any post. 

• IMG_0155.JPGName? Tanner
  • Where you're from? San Francisco, California
  • What your favorite genre of music is? I have a lot! Pop, R&B, Singer/Songwriter to name a few. 
  • What you're currently listening to? I'm throwing out some old school R&B vibes these days - Check out 90s R&B Radio
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Pandora Modes! It's so versatile - my favs are Artist Only, Crowd Faves and Deep Cuts

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, and welcome to the Pandora Community! ๐ŸŽถ

I'm Alyssa, a Community Moderator. Nice to meet you. ๐ŸŒป

• Name? Alyssa 
  • Where you're from? Baltimore, Maryland ๐Ÿฆ€
  • What your favorite genre of music is? I love R&B. I also like tunes with electronica roots, jazz and r&b influences mixed with headnodic beats. Basically anything with a chill vibe. ๐ŸŽง
  • What you're currently listening to? I just took a roadtrip and the station I listened to the most was FKJ Radio (French Kiwi Juice ๐Ÿน). My other favorite station would have to be Frank Ocean Radio. ๐ŸŒŠ
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Thumbprint Radio! ๐Ÿ‘

I'm always happy to help or chat, so don't hesitate to @ me in your posts.  โœ๏ธ

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community everyone! 

I'm a Commmunity Moderator always here to lend a helping hand. ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ

• Name? Adam 
  • Where you're from? San Francisco, CA ๐ŸŒ‰
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Really depends on how Iโ€™m feeling at the moment but Hip-Hop/R&B for sure.
  • What you're currently listening to? I've been stuck on Roddy Ricch's album as of late - Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial (Explicit)

• Favorite feature of the Pandora service? I'm also a big fan of the For You tab! Everything from new trending music to personalized recommendations - it makes it really easy to find something good to listen to ๐ŸŽง

Arreguez
Underground

Hi there, just intrducing myself as a latin singer/songwiter and music pruducer.

you can listen to my music at Arreguez Radio

• Name? Arreguez
  • Where you're from? Mexico 
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Pop, R&B, Latin, Jazz etc
  • What you're currently listening to? currently listening to some Oldies alternating with some spanish/latin music
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? I'm not yet familiar with Pandora's features but i'll get there...I'll check what Erik and Adam likes as well as what Aliysa and Tanner likes. 

lordqueso
Local Performer

• Name? LordQueso
  • Where you're from? Houston, TX
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Literally all. HTown/West coast rap, Classical Orchestra, Tejano, Norweigen Death Metal, Jpop, Zydeco, Blues... i truely love all music
  • What you're currently listening to? Texas made, Pantera thrash metal
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Ability to create several stations for the community to enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arreguez @lordqueso So great to have you two in the Pandora Community! Thanks for taking the time to write up your introduction and allowing us to get to know a bit more about you. ๐Ÿ˜„

@Arreguez I am currently jamming to James & Bobby Purify - I'm your Puppett because you got me hyped over Oldies! If you have any questions about any of the features of Pandora, feel free to post them in our Support forums and one of our community members or moderators will follow-up. It's so great to see you here and I hope to see you around often!

@lordqueso ๐Ÿง€! ๐Ÿค˜! It's so great to see you here! I am exactly like you where I can go from Rap to Classical Orchestra at the drop of a hat. All types of music speaks to me in all of my many moods. Please continue to share your stations and playlists in our Playlist Swap for all of the community to enjoy! Happy to have you participating and hoping to see more and more of you. 

JackPhantom
On the Rise

• Name? Jack Phantomevilface.png
  • Where you're from? Metro Atlanta, Georgia area
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Cool Jazz (Brubeck, Davis, etc.)
  • What you're currently listening to? Yusef Lateef
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Undecided/Love it all

Jazz artist on here - a unique blend of West Coast, cinematic influences, and noir. Currently working on the 2nd album. The first one is on here, feel free to look for it under "Jack Phantom And The Exquisite Corpse Cabaret". Christmas single cancelled when our recording guy literally closed up shop and retired, leading to having to build a studio to work in. "Death Poem" is set to be released Summer/Fall 2020, but will have more money, more polish, and more supporting merch behind it.

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JackPhantom Thanks for taking the time to share a bit about yourself and your music with the Community! 

Thanks for sharing Yusef Lateef too! I am listening to Hikima - Creativity right now and am loving how unique it is. ๐ŸŽท

I cannot wait to hear what your new album sounds like! You have an eager fan in waiting for "Death Poem" in me. ๐Ÿ‘

JackPhantom
On the Rise

You got it!

I'll be keeping you posted!

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)

Ram0na
Local Performer

What up everyone! I'm Romana B, coming at you from sunny California.  I'm new to community and glad to be here.  Go Pandora! IMG_2311.PNG๐Ÿค—

• Name? Ramona
  • Where you're from? Colorado
  • What your favorite genre of music is? R&B junky
  • What you're currently listening to? Skip Marley and H.E.R.
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Premium Family all the way - love sharing the gift of music, it keeps on giving. 

TannerPandora

Welcome @Ram0na! Glad to have you on community! โค๏ธHope you're blasting H.E.R. up in hurr. ๐Ÿ˜‚

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Juice
Local Performer

Hello all. 

F14296DD-10BD-408F-BDB3-3716B84250B3.jpeg

โ€ƒ

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Juice I moved your post to this thread to give you a chance to officially introduce yourself to the community.

Check out the original message on this thread for some guiding questions. 

Hope we continue to see you around the community! ๐ŸŽถ

Aquatica1000
Underground
  • Name?  Call me Aqua, most of my friends do anyways.
  • Where you're from?  Closest city to me is the Big Easy.  Any more detail than that I'm not comfortable disclosing.
  • What your favorite genre of music is?  Mainly Rock, with some supplemental Pop.  My pop picks tends to be on the alternative or emo side, with lots of Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, and NateWantsToBattle.  As for rock, my faves tends to be on the orchestral or electronic side, with Starset, Red and Evanescence topping the list.  Some J-Rock and K-pop sometimes sneak in too, on account of me being a total anime fan.
  • What you're currently listening to?  Against the Current.  I've been a fan of theirs long before they signed onto Fueled by Ramen, and I'm sort of proud of them doing so well.  ^-^
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service?  You guys group music by sound rather than merely genre.  When I listened to the Jeff Williams station on iHeart Radio (The RWBY soundtrack is an absolute jam, check it out if you can), it'd give me a lot of cinematic movie soundtracks, and never really played a lot of my favorites from him.  On here, I get lots of Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy, which fit the artist's style a lot better.  There's also a wider amount of available music from my favorites here compared to iHeart Radio.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Aquatica1000. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Welcome to the community, and thanks for sharing! 

Happy to have you as a member. Enjoy the tunes ๐ŸŽธ

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

iluvmusic
Local Performer
Name? Michelle Where you're from? New York What your favorite genre of music is? R&b, soul, pop, jazz, gospel, soft rock i love all music if it sounds good and gets me moving i love it. What you're currently listening to? Anita Baker Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Skip

TannerPandora

Thanks for sharing @iluvmusic! Hope to see you around community more! ๐ŸŽง

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Raelove
Local Performer
Hi...I'm Raelove from a small town in southern Maine (USA). I've been a lover of New Age music since I first discovered it during my college years (1989-1996). Back then, it was Enya. Now, I am amazed at all the music there is now in this genre. Right now, I'm listening to "Northern Sky." Although I love other types of music...rock, jazz, pop, classical...I play New Age as a background to my days. I listen to Pandora here and streaming on my TV. I love it.