cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: What's your favorite cover version of a song? 🎤

Pandora

QOTW #33.png

Have you ever come across a song that you thought was the original?

Do you have a favorite cover version of a song? Share the artist and track! 🎤 

Tags (2)
9 Replies

@Pandora this may be the most famous, but regardless if it is or isn't it is my favorite...

The original is Bob Dylan All Along the Watchtower 

Jimi Hendrix does a cover version All Along the Watchtower 

Side note about this song: Hendix's version was so renowned that even Bob Dylan started to perform the song in Hendrix style...

Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

@Pandora yesterday I gave you my favorite cover song, today I will add two more famous cover songs that some will think are or were the originals but are not...

Original Bob Dylan's Knockin' On Heaven's Door 

Cover by Gun's N' Rose's Knockin' On Heaven's Door 

The late Sinead O'Conner did the next famous cover song Nothing Compares 2 U...Many people believe she is the original artist for the song but here is the original.

Nothing Compares 2 U by Prince... (Original)

Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Conner... (Cover) 

Have a great Tuesday take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

MariaPandora

Thanks for the info @MOHLovesAlaska! I didn't know that about the Knocking on Heaven's Door!!

As for the first song, I knew Hendrix version was a cover but I didn't know that was the reason Bob Dylan changed it! Now I understand my dad's obsession with Hendrix version. 

For me, I actually have some songs that I like a lot that are the covers of the original songs, but I have two favorites that I can think of right now:

The first time I listened Wicked Game was a cover by H.I.M. (it was my emo phase) and then discovered the original version by Chris Isaac. Currently I love both versions, depending on the mood I have.

Another Cover I love is Halestorm's version of Still of the Night. In general the covers by Halestorm, specially the ones from the ReAniMate 3.0: The CoVeRs eP. Which is he way I started listening to this group and now is one of my favorites.

@MariaPandora I love the song Wicked Game...I have the original artist Chris Isaac but I will listen to the cover by H.I.M....Thanks for sharing that as well...

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora

Here are a couple that come to mind right away, however I already know there are so many!

At Your Best (You Are Love) by Aaliyah

_500W_500H.jpg

Killing Me Softly With His Song by Fugees & Ms. Lauryn Hill

_500W_500H (1).jpg

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whitney Houston is one of my favorite vocalists. "I Will Always Love You" was originally written and recorded by Dolly Parton. I had no idea until recently! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.16.24)

@AlyssaPandora great song by both music artists, but I have to give the edge to Whitney's cover version...

MOHLovesAlaska

LeonPandora

Hi everybody! My favorite cover is Under Pressure covered by Marc Martel. The original song was released by Queen and David Bowe.

I hope you like it!

@LeonPandora I will have to give the cover version of that song a listen to...Thanks for sharing that...

@AdamPandora I have that cover version by The Fugees & Ms. Lauren Hill...It is a great version of that song...

MOHLovesAlaska