cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App & Web: 'We can't load media right now' messaging

rlodrinicts
Local Performer

Have used Pandora App on Windows for a year without issue until yesterday when I received this error message: 

We're having trouble playing audio on this device.
We can't load media right now. This is commonly caused by overzealous ad blockers or privacy extensions. Please check that your browser extensions are not blocking our audio and refresh the page. If you continue to see this error you should contact support.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Pandora app which did not help. I tried playing Pandora in Chrome and it will play 2-3 songs before the same error message comes up.  I haven't installed or changed any settings recently on my PC.

Help!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @rlodrinicts

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the desktop app and web. Checking your play history, I see that you've been listening on the desktop app this morning.

Are you still having trouble with the error message? Is this happening on a personal or work computer? Are you connected to a personal or work network?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sman08
Local Performer

Having the same problem.  It worked fine yesterday and today it can't load media.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @sman08. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've run into. Could you share a few more details?

• Are you using the Pandora Desktop App for MAC or Windows devices?
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

In the meantime, please try running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if it helps. 

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

You can also try using a different browser to determine whether the issue is browser-related. Let me know how it goes with your specific browser and whether you continue to have trouble. 

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (10.14.24)
0 Kudos