cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "We're having trouble playing audio on this device" Error

chouse
Underground

I recently started getting the message below (48 hours). I am using a desktop and have no issues listening to music from other sites. My account works because I can listen on my mobile. Any idea how to fix this?

chouse_0-1604545770376.png

Labels (2)
65 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that helped, @Beannie. I've shared your feedback with our Device team. 

If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to let me know. Happy listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

kharpo7
Local Performer

Pandora stuttering and stopping on Chrome and Edge on Win 10 PC

This has been going on for months now. I stream Pandora while playing pc games or just whenever. It doesn't seem to matter if i am running other programs or not. Sometimes i get a couple songs to play successfully and sometimes it won't even start my stations. Songs will stop in the middle, or stutter then stop. I have cleared the cache on both browsers, checked my internet bandwidth (i think its sufficient), ran task manager to see if anything is maxing out. Nothing obvious. 

This is getting to the point that i am about to bail on Pandora. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them. Thank you

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @kharpo7. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. 

Do you receive any error messages when this happens? If so, what exactly does it say?

Also, we do have troubleshooting steps you can try to see if that helps resolve the issue:

If the issue persists, let's try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

kharpo7
Local Performer

Hi AlyssaPandora,

Thank you for your reply.

I spent 45 mintues on this. I ran all the troubleshooting for Chrome. I closed the browser after each change. Same results.The error that i get is "We are experiencing trouble playing audio. If problems persist please check your internet connection and refresh your browser."

Then i played Spotify for over an hour with zero lag on the same browser. I really want to keep Pandora but i am about to say goodbye and good riddance. I hate to do that. Pandora is like an old friend.

Thank you,

Kharpo7

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for getting back to me with that information, @kharpo7. I have shared this with our engineering on an internal ticket so they can investigate further. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

ludwignice
Local Performer

ALways show “We're having trouble playing audio on this device” I have cleared all the data and cache of my browser, refreshed my dns, and turned on and off the browser many times, but I still have the same problem. I refer to other solutions given by the community, including security settings and browsing browser settings, I have released the corresponding settings, and at the same time, I have also turned off the security software on my computer, and I do not have any ad-blocking extensions, but the same error will still be reported, I also tried to use edge browser, there will still be a similar error, can someone contact me to troubleshoot this problem, I want to solve this problem, thank you

I have captured the problematic data packets through wireshark, if any technical staff needs to provide my email address, I will send the capture file to him via email

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ludwignice Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

cardsalbah
Local Performer

This is the exact reason why I stopped using pandora. I love pandora, but ever since I got that code I can't use it. I've tried different laptops, desktops, browsers, heck even when I got my new laptop the same thing showed up. 

I'm trying pandora again after years and still the same issue occurred. Was really disappointed. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cardsalbah I definitely understand your frustration.

Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

0 Kudos

Karagin
Local Performer

I, too get this with the Desktop app as well, and it's always on specific songs or after listening for two hours or at certain times of the day.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Karagin I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to try and reproduce this issue on your end.

The next time the error message appears, please grab a screenshot of it, and also make note of the date and time it appears.

You can then reply back to this thread with the screenshot and let us know the time you recorded.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with us on this.

0 Kudos

smarks173
Local Performer

We've been getting this message for a few days now too and I miss listening to Pandora! If my daughter logs in on her laptop, it works fine, but it doesn't work on our main desktop computer, even though the audio is working perfectly fine for all other websites. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @smarks173. 👋

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Troubleshooting for Web + Desktop App:

Based on your message, it sounds like you're using a web browser. Could you confirm which one?

In the meantime, you can try running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if it helps resolve the issue:

Let's try also rebooting your connection: 

2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;

I hope this helps. Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @smarks173! Welcome to community. Sorry to hear you're having trouble on your desktop.

Can you tell me a little more about your experience?

• What is the make and model of your desktop?
  • What is the OS version?
  • Does this happen on our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lgollhof
Local Performer

I'm having the same error pop up on my desktop. How do I fix it?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lgollhof! Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I tried to replicate this error from my end with Firefox but wasn't able to trigger the error message.

Can you tell me more about your experience so I can further review.

• Does this happen on our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Exemplaris
Underground

Hello,
I recently started getting this error message, "We're having trouble playing audio on this device", and have since completely removed my ad blocker extension from my browser and restarted my browser. When I try to listen now, songs are continuing to be automatically skipped several times until I get the error message. Please help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Exemplaris I'm happy to help look into this further.

Please follow up with some additional details:

0 Kudos

Exemplaris
Underground

Hi @AdamPandora,
I'm using a custom-built desktop, Windows 10, and Firefox. This happens when I'm using the Pandora website from my Firefox browser on my desktop device.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Exemplaris. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. We've enabled a trace on your account in case we need to share this with our engineering team. 

Let's try any steps you haven't completed already here: Firefox Troubleshooting

I would also recommend rebooting your computer to see if this helps resolve the error message.

Please keep us in the loop regarding your progress. 🎧