cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip feature not working

samss_0703
Local Performer

Pandora now asks if I'm still here. I want it to play all day as I listen to it while working and I have to stop working to tell it to play. 

Also the skip feture has been glitching and crashing. 

I don't mind updates but this one has got me thinking about switching my music source. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@samss_0703 I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed on this page.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora

@samss_0703 Nice to see you around the community!

The "Are you still listening?" message appears when we detect that there has not been any interaction with the player for a while.

This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs. Since we pay full royalties on every song we play, having a timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices. Ultimately, it allows us to offer a free radio service and to maintain the current prices of our subscriptions.

When you encounter the timeout message, simply click or tap anywhere on the Pandora music player to continue listening.

To limit timeouts you can upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, which allow you to listen for longer periods without interruptions. Pandora Plus subscribers have longer timeout periods than free listeners, and Pandora Premium subscribers have longer timeout periods than Pandora Plus subscribers.

To learn more about the benefits of upgrading, visit this page.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In regards to the issue with the skip feature, can you please let me know what browser you are using to stream Pandora when this happens? 

Also if an error message is popping up, please let me know what it says. 

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

samss_0703
Local Performer

I understand from a business standpoint on the money savings. It's just annoying as a user.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am on a windows based laptop and using the Pandora app. I have not received an error message. Normally the app just freezes, or the skip just doesn't work.. Worst case is the app closes.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@samss_0703 One last question - does this happen with the new Desktop app now available for download? 

Or does it occur when streaming the Windows 10 app?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

samss_0703
Local Performer

I believe it's from the new app. as that's what I have downloaded. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@samss_0703 I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed on this page.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos