cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "Poor Network Connection" Error (05/17/22)

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/24/22): Thank you for the recent posts regarding this issue. While the fix has worked for most of the folks on this thread, I do see that some are still running into this error message during your listening sessions. Our engineering team is aware of this and investigating these additional reports. 

Pandora Update (06/09/22): We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

Could you try again and let me know if you still have trouble with this error message?

You may need to restart your web browser to ensure that the changes have taken effect.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Pandora Update (06/06/22): Hey folks 👋

Thanks for your patience during this process, and sorry for the continued trouble.

Our engineering team is still working on this issue.  In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket we have open.  

Pandora Update (05/23/2022): Hi everyone 👋 Thanks so much for posting about your experience with this error message. We've gone ahead and created an internal ticket with our engineering team for further investigation. Any updates will be posted on this thread. 

If you haven't already, please try signing out of Pandora on the web, and then sign back in again. Since signing out clears Pandora's local storage from your browser, this may help.

In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket. Any updates we have on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (5)
124 Replies

wicked9r
Local Performer

This situation is getting ridiculous. I can't even get thru a song without the Poor Connection Error popping up.

0 Kudos

dark
Underground

dark_0-1653316808088.png

I'm still getting the issue. I've been having it for the last month or so. Computer has been shut down at least twice during that time and I've also logged out, cleared all the site data, and logged in fresh to Pandora. Same issue. Can't navigate around the site, skip tracks, select menu options, or do literally anything without being told my internet connection's poor. Every time a song ends, it won't start the next track until I hit the play button and sometimes I have to completely refresh the page to get it to work. I'm on Wi-Fi, but am still showing around 100 Mbps up and down. I have no trouble viewing YouTube videos or accessing any other sites on this machine. I'm running Pandora on Chrome, btw. 

Currently writing this message and the previous song [Comfort Eagle, CAKE] is literally playing over the current song [The Pot, Tool]. 

dark_1-1653317225044.png

Please fix this. It's beyond annoying. K, thanks.

0 Kudos

hmpproductions
Local Performer

I've tried all of these without any change in the "poor network" issue. I have been a Premium Pandora subscriber since 2009, moving to Spotify now.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/23/2022): Hi everyone 👋 Thanks so much for posting about your experience with this error message. We've gone ahead and created an internal ticket with our engineering team for further investigation. Any updates will be posted on this thread. 

If you haven't already, please try signing out of Pandora on the web, and then sign back in again. Since signing out clears Pandora's local storage from your browser, this may help.

In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket. Any updates we have on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

intensekt
Underground

Thanks, Alyssa. Wanted to confirm I've logged out of Pandora, cleared all data, restarted my computer and nothing improves this issue within the Chrome browser.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for confirming, @intensekt. I will add this info to the ticket. 👍

Thanks again for your patience during this process and for reporting! 

wyrsek
Underground

Seems like the problem went away a little bit ago...not sure if this is a temporary reprieve or the issue has been resolved but I haven't seen the message for the last 10-15 minutes (maybe longer) and I'm not seeing the delay in response I was previously seeing when clicking next or thumbs down...

rae24
Underground

Same here.  Songs have been going directly from one to another without lag and I haven't seen the message in a little while (~1 hr?).  Clicking into settings or next track responds immediately instead of lag + message.

eyfpb7144
Local Performer

Thought logging out and back in fixed it... no bueno.  Still same problem

0 Kudos

wyrsek
Underground

And the problem has returned. Constant poor network connection notification. Logged out and back in...no improvement... 

And moments after I left that message, it stopped happening...how very odd...

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up and for confirming, @wyrsek @eyfpb7144 @rae24

I posted an update here yesterday as our engineering team is still working on this. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

csfree12
Local Performer

I just downloaded the desktop app. I thought it might help with my issues when listening to music with safari and playing a video on chrome. The video will not play or play at hyper speed. With the app I get the network speed issue when I'm navigation to websites on chrome and the app is running. As soon as I quit the app or safari (playing pandora) everything works fine again.

0 Kudos

eyfpb7144
Local Performer

Any updates on this problem?  When can we expect a fix?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @eyfpb7144. 👋

Thanks for your inquiry about this issue. The most recent update from 05/23/2022 can be found here.

At this time, I do not have any additional updates or a timeline for a fix. 

We appreciate your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

rae24
Underground

The desktop had been working fine for me all week (since Monday when I last commented), but then this morning I started having this issue again.  Nothing changed on my end.

0 Kudos

PaoloNoSabo
Underground

@AlyssaPandora I am getting this error.

Chrome version is up to date
Version 102.0.5005.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)

What can I do to fix this? Anytime I try to navigate to a page, any page, I get that error as well. After 20 or 30 seconds it navigates to the intended page.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @PaoloNoSabo @rae24. 👋

Thanks for providing those details, and sorry for the continued trouble. I've shared your reports with our engineering team on an internal ticket. In the meantime, they are still working on this issue. The latest update can be found here

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

kcox96
Local Performer

I have this same problem on all Windows 10 desktop browsers (Opera, Brave, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, et al). Started a few weeks ago. I have a lightning fast connection. Everything else works beautifully. Pandora has a problem. Not me. Please fix it.

jthorvy
Local Performer

Having the same issue here, very frustrating!  I'll be asking for a refund on my account if not resolved soon!

0 Kudos

Fifth_Element
Local Performer

Adding that this issue still continues to persist for me, and that as of this posting I am unable to listen to music without manually pausing and unpausing the player to get it to move to the next song. Additionally, when I do this it sometimes jumps three or more minutes into the next song, rather than playing from the beginning.

0 Kudos