cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "Poor Network Connection" Error (05/17/22)

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/24/22): Thank you for the recent posts regarding this issue. While the fix has worked for most of the folks on this thread, I do see that some are still running into this error message during your listening sessions. Our engineering team is aware of this and investigating these additional reports. 

Pandora Update (06/09/22): We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

Could you try again and let me know if you still have trouble with this error message?

You may need to restart your web browser to ensure that the changes have taken effect.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Pandora Update (06/06/22): Hey folks 👋

Thanks for your patience during this process, and sorry for the continued trouble.

Our engineering team is still working on this issue.  In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket we have open.  

Pandora Update (05/23/2022): Hi everyone 👋 Thanks so much for posting about your experience with this error message. We've gone ahead and created an internal ticket with our engineering team for further investigation. Any updates will be posted on this thread. 

If you haven't already, please try signing out of Pandora on the web, and then sign back in again. Since signing out clears Pandora's local storage from your browser, this may help.

In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket. Any updates we have on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (5)
124 Replies

wyrsek
Underground

Issue seemed to have disappeared for a while (for me, at least) but it looks like it's back again as of today...

0 Kudos

paulreagan03
Local Performer

I am having this same issue when listening on my desktop using Google Chrome.  I tried signing out and then back in but the issue remains the same.  I have strong internet so I know that isn't the issue.  This has been going on for about 2 weeks now.  Any suggestions on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @paulreagan03. 👋

Sorry for the trouble with this error message. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and they are working on it. The latest update can be found here

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

chcamxcana
Underground

I'm having the same issue again. It's getting frustrating that I can't listen on my computer. Seriously thinking of switching to another service. At this point, I think all of the people having this issue, should get some type of credit/reimbursement to our account for all the issues we've been having for the past couple of weeks. 

kjcdude
Local Performer

As of 5/31/22 the issue is still happening between EVERY single song.

Same as others, I'm gonna be cancelling my service and moving to something else if this isn't fixed soon.  It's almost completely unusable.

0 Kudos

paulreagan03
Local Performer

Same here...between every single song I either have to wait or hit the reload button.  Very very frustrating as I listen to pandora while I work all day.  I'm with kjcdude, will have to move to another platform if this is not resolved ASAP.  My patience is running out.

gbgirly829
Local Performer

I am also having this issue on Chrome and Edge on desktop. I have cleared everything signed out and back in. Still having the same problem. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @gbgirly829. 👋

Thanks so much for posting your info.

I've added this information to the internal ticket we have open with our engineering team. 🎧 

0 Kudos

intensekt
Underground

Any updates on this? Still consistently experiencing this issue solely on the web app in Chrome as well as the Mac desktop app. There should be reimbursement of some sort for those having this issue as the service has been unusable for weeks (if not longer).

revrosso
Local Performer

Same here.

0 Kudos

wyrsek
Underground

Just for updated information - seems like the problem is sort of hit and miss for me. I'll have mornings where it seems pretty persistent and then it disappears entirely.

Today, it's been pretty non-stop with the network connection message.

Also, definitely seems worse on my work system which has things like VPN connections and corporate level security everywhere possible which I imagine isn't helping but I figured I'd make note of that.

0 Kudos

faztang
Underground

This is still happening, only on my work computer with a vpn, however my internet speeds are close to 100MB.  Also I have been using Pandora on this computer for over a year without any issues, this has started the last 2 months or so.  Other streaming services such as iHeartRadio work without issues so I can't blame the VPN.

0 Kudos

juliefannon
Local Performer

I too have started having this issue with my desktop app.  I am using Chrome as my browser and I deleted cache and cookies this morning and logged out but still getting the pause/dead silence session.   This just started 2 weeks ago for me.

thank you for any further suggestions.

juliefannon_0-1654264587454.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/03/22): Hey folks 👋

Thanks for your patience during this process, and sorry for the continued trouble.

Our engineering team is still working on this issue.  In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket we have open.  

Please note: This post is marked as the solution so that community members can view the update of this issue prior to posting on this thread. Once we receive an additional update, we will post on this thread. 

Pandora Update (05/23/2022): Hi everyone 👋 Thanks so much for posting about your experience with this error message. We've gone ahead and created an internal ticket with our engineering team for further investigation. Any updates will be posted on this thread. 

If you haven't already, please try signing out of Pandora on the web, and then sign back in again. Since signing out clears Pandora's local storage from your browser, this may help.

In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket. Any updates we have on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

softlighting
Underground

In case it helps, when I watch the console in Chrome I see the attached errors. The 'bugsnag' line occurred at the same time as me hitting the forward button to advance to the next song. At that point I got the 'poor network connection' message, although it only took a few seconds to complete - which is improved over the several seconds delay I was getting before logging out and then back in, but still not as quick as before where it was pretty much immediate. This problem only started happening for me today, btw, whether I'm no my work VPN or not.

softlighting_0-1654288615100.png

0 Kudos

faztang
Underground

Why is this response tagged as a solution? It's not. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for that helpful information, @softlighting. I've added your report to the ticket along with your screenshot. While we're still working on this issue, we appreciate you patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

SHorein
Underground

Removing duplicate info

0 Kudos

Stormin
Local Performer

Double post from above! 🙂

Stormin
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora  - We appreciate the updates, however the update has not changed since late March - 'engineering team is working on it and that our feedback is added to the ticket.' and at this point, your community deserves a better response. 

I work in technology so I understand how things are sometimes hard to track down, however it should not take months to fix a problem on a paid service. Your team should be meeting with leadership daily until this issue is resolved and a true update, along with an ETA, reported out weekly if not daily.  

I realize that you are just the middle person between us and your developers/engineers, but at this point someone from your leadership team should be posting updates to their customers. This has to be affecting a ton of your customers; not everyone looks for resolutions on the internet or comes across this board.

I don't want to use 'threat' of cancelling my service, but I am seriously considering it. Between Amazon Music, Spotify, etc., there are options that your customers could choose. Pandora should appreciate that they have customers that are choosing them over these other services and go above and beyond to fix ongoing issues like this. 

0 Kudos