cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "Poor Network Connection" Error (05/17/22)

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/24/22): Thank you for the recent posts regarding this issue. While the fix has worked for most of the folks on this thread, I do see that some are still running into this error message during your listening sessions. Our engineering team is aware of this and investigating these additional reports. 

Pandora Update (06/09/22): We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

Could you try again and let me know if you still have trouble with this error message?

You may need to restart your web browser to ensure that the changes have taken effect.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Pandora Update (06/06/22): Hey folks 👋

Thanks for your patience during this process, and sorry for the continued trouble.

Our engineering team is still working on this issue.  In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket we have open.  

Pandora Update (05/23/2022): Hi everyone 👋 Thanks so much for posting about your experience with this error message. We've gone ahead and created an internal ticket with our engineering team for further investigation. Any updates will be posted on this thread. 

If you haven't already, please try signing out of Pandora on the web, and then sign back in again. Since signing out clears Pandora's local storage from your browser, this may help.

In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket. Any updates we have on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/09/22): We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

Could you try again and let me know if you still have trouble with this error message?

You may need to restart your web browser to ensure that the changes have taken effect.

++

If you continue to experience this issue, please let me know.

For Premium users still having trouble:

• Does this happen when listening to content on-demand (playlist, individual song, etc) or when listening to stations?
  • Or, does it happen with both?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

View solution in original post

124 Replies

notwoodbutwood
Local Performer

I am still having the issue. Using Chrome. If I refresh the browser it will play one song immediately and then return the message.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@notwoodbutwood I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

wyrsek
Underground

I have this problem regularly. Yes, I've tried the chrome troubleshooting steps. I've tried different browsers. I've reset my system. I've reset my router. I've tested my connection speed.

It doesn't matter how solid or fast my connection is, I get this constantly.

Currently using chrome 101.0.4951.67

If I use my phone app, it's fine. Use a browser and doing anything has a 5-15 second delay due to "Poor network connection"

hmpproductions
Local Performer

Recommendations for solutions? This has been happening for months now. Long delays between songs and unable to change stations sometimes. I get the "Poor network connection. Listening will resume when it's restored" message in both Chrome and Edge browsers and the Pandora app on Windows. 

hmpproductions_0-1652972360374.png

0 Kudos

wicked9r
Local Performer

Same here.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @wicked9r @hmpproductions. 👋

Sorry to hear that you both are having trouble with this error message. I can confirm that we did have some issues with listening from the web yesterday. However, we believe those issues have now been resolved. 

First, please try signing out of Pandora on the web, and then sign back in again. Since signing out clears Pandora's local storage from your browser, this may help.

++

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

You could also try out the basic troubleshooting for your specific browser (any steps you haven't already).

++

Network Troubleshooting:

If there is no change, lets' try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Bi88ex
Local Performer

Same problem and just started May 17, 2022.

0 Kudos

tonysullentrup
Local Performer

YES IT DID!! VERY FRUSTRATING. 

0 Kudos

wyrsek
Underground

Been having this problem for months as well and it's been particularly bad recently. I'm having times where I thumbs down a song and it takes so long for anything to happen that the whole song plays and then I get a few minutes of silence before I finally get a new song.

Using chrome 101.0.4951.67

To avoid the stock reply - I've tried other browsers, I've reset my computer, I've reset my router, I've followed the stock troubleshooting pages. The problem still exists.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @wicked9r @Bi88ex. 👋

Which browser are you using? I'd like to share this information with our engineering team on your behalf. 

++

Thanks for providing those details. 

@tonysullentrup Looks like you've already reported this issue via email with our Support team.

In the meantime, @tonysullentrup @wyrsek we've added your reports to an internal ticket for this issue. We appreciate your patience while this is investigated. 🎧

intensekt
Underground

Having the same issue. I'm using Chrome Version 101.0.4951.64

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting, @intensekt. I have added your information to the internal ticket I opened for this issue.

Please try signing out of Pandora on the web, and then sign back in again. Since signing out clears Pandora's local storage from your browser, this may help.

Let me know if the issue persists. 

rae24
Underground

I am also having this issue, with the Windows Desktop App (v15.0.3.0).  Just started a few days ago.  I get this message after every song, and every time I press the next button to skip a song.  It takes several seconds to sometimes a few minutes before it is able to play the next song.  I also get this message trying to navigate from the "Now Playing" screen into my app settings with similar behavior - it takes several seconds to sometimes a few minutes before the settings screen opens.  I've tried resetting the app, downgrading my streaming quality settings, restarting the app, my computer and my router.  After resetting the app, it will immediately play one song, then right back to this behavior.  Pandora works just fine on my network on other devices, and I have no other network issues on this same computer.

rae24_0-1653077241206.png

0 Kudos

jessegallery169
Local Performer
I am soooo over it…switched to Spotify.

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rae24 I have added your information to the internal ticket I opened for this issue.

In the meantime, it may help to run through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting the desktop app on Windows

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jessegallery169 I definitely understand your frustration.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Fifth_Element
Local Performer

Hello, I too am experiencing this issue. Same issues as people have described here. Currently running Firefox 100.0.2. As others, I have tried different browsers. Same issue persists. Additionally, sometimes when trying to refresh the page, the current song playing will begin 3 minutes into the song. I am currently using Windows 10.

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos

dark
Underground

I'm having the exact same issue. I can't select different stations or skip tracks. Sometimes previous songs are playing over the current song and trying to navigate menu commands is slow and laggy. I've refreshed, shut down, and cleared all site data and am still having the same banner across the top that says "Poor Network Connection."

Here are some of my network connection properties:

dark_2-1653314832178.png

dark_0-1653314526507.png

dark_1-1653314538645.png

How is it that out of all the other tabs and pages that I use constantly throughout the day, Pandora is the only one reporting poor internet connection?

0 Kudos

aidan12
Opening Act

me too it did the same to me.

@AlyssaPandora 

Can you give me solutions to how to fix the poor connection problem, please?

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos