cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "Poor Network Connection" Error (05/17/22)

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/24/22): Thank you for the recent posts regarding this issue. While the fix has worked for most of the folks on this thread, I do see that some are still running into this error message during your listening sessions. Our engineering team is aware of this and investigating these additional reports. 

Pandora Update (06/09/22): We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

Could you try again and let me know if you still have trouble with this error message?

You may need to restart your web browser to ensure that the changes have taken effect.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Pandora Update (06/06/22): Hey folks 👋

Thanks for your patience during this process, and sorry for the continued trouble.

Our engineering team is still working on this issue.  In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket we have open.  

Pandora Update (05/23/2022): Hi everyone 👋 Thanks so much for posting about your experience with this error message. We've gone ahead and created an internal ticket with our engineering team for further investigation. Any updates will be posted on this thread. 

If you haven't already, please try signing out of Pandora on the web, and then sign back in again. Since signing out clears Pandora's local storage from your browser, this may help.

In the meantime, all reports of this issue have been reported on the internal ticket. Any updates we have on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (5)
124 Replies

kcox96
Local Performer

This has taken too long to fix. I have now subscribed to two other music services, which pale in comparison to Pandora, but I need music on my computer. Pandora continues to work well on my iphone on wifi around the house, but my family has no music except through these other inferior music services, which at least work. Come on Pandora!

0 Kudos

jjstellman
Local Performer

When will this issue be resolved, based on the comments from the Community, it doesn't seem like a new problem?  I've tried home and work networks, Chrome and Edge browsers, signing in and out, logging off... what else can be done?  I pay a fee to use Pandora, and I've been unable to use it successfully for over a month.  I'm curious if there is resolution in sight, or if I should look for music streaming options elsewhere. 

0 Kudos

dark
Underground

I commented on this thread 2 weeks ago, so as an update, I'm still having the issue. Just signed out and signed back in. Couldn't even select the radio station I wanted before getting the annoying poor connection tag. I'd also like to add that I'm experiencing this on a work laptop using a VPN. I don't have these issues with my personal laptop and phone. 

That being said, I've been experiencing the same issue for 2 weeks and the only message I've received is that y'all are working on it and that the message has been sent to your engineering team. Is that all that we can expect until the issue is resolved? Have there been updates as to what's causing the issue or maybe even a timeframe for when you hope to see a resolution? I like Pandora and I've been with y'all for probably a decade at this point, but it's been pretty frustrating to use for the 8 hrs/day I'm at work.

Edit: more than a decade

dark_0-1654620354021.png

0 Kudos

softlighting
Underground

I just noticed today that I can toggle the play/pause button when the Poor Network Connection error pops up and it gets past it. Anyone else experiencing this as well?

I know it's not a solution, but just something I noticed and may be helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

revrosso
Local Performer
It would seem that there continues to be an uncaught exception each time I see the error message.Can we ask the engineering team to add console.log to their API call so we can see the the specific error?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (06/09/22): We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

Could you try again and let me know if you still have trouble with this error message?

You may need to restart your web browser to ensure that the changes have taken effect.

++

If you continue to experience this issue, please let me know.

For Premium users still having trouble:

• Does this happen when listening to content on-demand (playlist, individual song, etc) or when listening to stations?
  • Or, does it happen with both?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

softlighting
Underground

And just like that I can listen to music without long pauses! Thank you, Alyssa.

As a developer, I'm curious what the solution was.

latincharm6
Local Performer

Hi @AlyssaPandora I've been having this problem off and on for months now. The last month it has been even worse. I tried all the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread and it is still not working. I'm also having the same problem on the desktop app. I'm paying for a service that isnt working for the last 5 months or so. I would like the issue resolved, and a credit added to my account for the last several months since pandora stops playing and buffers in between songs. This is terrible! I appreciate your time and assistance. Thank you.

0 Kudos

RandomJoe
Local Performer

RandomJoe_0-1655138111559.png

I've been a subscriber for years and I'm just now experiencing this "Poor network connection. Listening will resume when it's restored." I'm using the app from Microsoft Store. I can't even click on the "My Profile" or "Settings" without getting that stupid error message.

Getting support from Pandora is so frustrating. Pandora gets a 2 out of 5 for me.

I just saw a post that told the person to restart their network. The go-to phrase every time there is a problem. Please don't tell me it is my network. I'm teleworking and EVERY other application is working just fine with download speeds of 81Mbps. So, if it is a network issue it is on your end.

JoshJCole
Local Performer

I'm still running into this after signing in and out, restarting, multiple browsers, etc. My network is also fine and I am able to get it playing by hitting play again. Sometimes when I do that it seems to trigger two songs at once. For what it's worth I do have Adblock on Chrome but it's turned off for the entire Pandora domain.

Linds1
Local Performer

I am still having this issue.  I have been following the threads for a while to try things to fix it.  I have done quite a few things today to attempt to resolve. Bummer! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @latincharm6. 👋

Looks like you've been in touch with a member of our support team via email. 

++

Thank you for your recent posts, @latincharm6 @JoshJCole @Linds1 @RandomJoe

This issue should be resolved now. Could you try restarting your web browser now to see if the changes have taken effect?

Let me know how it goes so that I can report this back to engineering. 🎧

0 Kudos

Linds1
Local Performer

Good Morning, 

I started fresh this morning.  Restarted web browser, restarted our modem box, logged out and logged back into Pandora on the browser and it is still giving the poor connection error.  Sometimes it will go through a couple of songs with no issue and then it will give the error.  I noticed as well when I try to go into settings or any other page within Pandora, it will give the same error before it opens the new page. 

I appreciate the help.  Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos

tdub1181
Local Performer

"poor connection" problem still exists ☹️

0 Kudos

johnnas216
Local Performer

Same issue here: playback has a long delay between songs, I can't skip a song, and I see an error banner at the top of the app/window "Poor network connection. Listening will resume when it's restored." This started yesterday for me.

Using Chrome

0 Kudos

TJLaird7
Underground

I'm having this issue for weeks at home and worked wired to the internet in both locations with 2 different computers.  At home I've got a fiber optic connection which is rock solid.  Both my wife and I are long time subscribers and she has had the issues off/on for weeks as well.  Please get this fixed, there are lots of other streaming services out there.  Thank you

greg7392
Local Performer

Hello.  I have been having and continue to have this error with "poor network connection".  It occurs on multiple browsers and I have more than adequate band width.  Please let us know the status.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

galapomd
Local Performer

I know it's been stated a lot by others, but this is just ridiculous - paying a music service that can't play music, what a joke! I think I will be following in the footsteps of most of the comments and cancelling my subscription, and the company really should consider giving a reimbursement of some kind. What good is paying for a service if you can't use it??

tamucowpoke
Local Performer

Happening to me the last few days with Chrome. What's the deal with this? Come on guys.

0 Kudos

Yatayps
Underground

Having the same issue in Firefox & chrome. Even made sure it was listed in AVG so nothing would get blocked. This is ridiculous I pay for this and I can't even play more than one song in a row. But you sure can make sure your 3 day grace ads play fine after a song!

0 Kudos