cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "We're having trouble playing audio on this device" Error

chouse
Underground

I recently started getting the message below (48 hours). I am using a desktop and have no issues listening to music from other sites. My account works because I can listen on my mobile. Any idea how to fix this?

chouse_0-1604545770376.png

Labels (2)
69 Replies

Exemplaris
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora,

Thanks for helping with the investigation here. I quickly tried to see if it would function as normal, and it's working again without any additional steps taken on my end.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! Glad to hear everything is working again for you, @Exemplaris. Enjoy the tunes! 🎵

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

CVAR83
Local Performer

I just started getting this error on my computer, but it works fine through the web browser and on my phone/tv. 

CVAR83_0-1700080961135.png

0 Kudos

rreno1
Local Performer

HI, i have the same error now for 2 weeks, restarted and did your instructions and nothing worked. W10 fully updated. Chrome up to date. Works on phone fine.  Please provide a fix that actually works. Or going to leave pandora. 

Thank you,

Ryan

0 Kudos

deanbkr30
Local Performer

I've been getting the message attached below for the past couple of days. I'm using a laptop, Windows 11, Brave browser, the ad blockers are turned off for Pandora and yet nothing seems to work. The Pandora app on my phone works, it's using the same wifi, router and modem. How do I fix this?Screenshot 2024-03-11 010840.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @deanbkr30. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with that error message. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Web: "We're having trouble playing audio on this device" Error

Unfortunately, Brave isn't a supported browsers while using Pandora on the web. You can view the minimum specifications here for Pandora here: Web: Minimum Specs

Troubleshooting:

First, I would try using one of our supported browsers for listening to Pandora, like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Microsoft Edge to see if the issue persists. 

would also recommend rebooting your computer to see if this helps resolve the error message.

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

I hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Khartless11
Local Performer

I have been listening to my Pandora account on my iMac for months and then I get this message. Not sure what I have to do to fix the problem

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Khartless11 I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

Khartless11
Local Performer
I am on my iMac listening to the website on Safari. I will send a screenshot.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Khartless11 

Also, could you let us know if this is happening with a particular station? Does the music stop when the message appears or does it continue?

Additionally, to determine if it's browser related, could you try another browser like FireFox or Chrome, to see if you have the same experience.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos