cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Desktop App: No Sound

BillHanbury
Local Performer

No sound...windows, website app, no error message, the icon just spins and all my other sound works. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BillHanbury I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Can you please try testing out Pandora through a browser instead (ex: Firefox, Google Chrome) and verify if there is no sound as well?

Additionally, please try running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting the desktop app on Windows

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BillHanbury I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Can you please try testing out Pandora through a browser instead (ex: Firefox, Google Chrome) and verify if there is no sound as well?

Additionally, please try running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting the desktop app on Windows

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

bostonmark
Underground

Pandora Plus subscriber and use the Windows 11 Desktop App daily.   However, it stopped working.   For the life of me I cannot get it to play sound.  I have: 

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times.  

2. Repaired it. 

3. Tried windows troubleshooting  int he sound settings

4. The app itself is not muted, the volume is up, and I see the equalizer moving and the time moving...it just produces ZERO sound.  

Spotify Windows client works fine.  Pandora via chrome works fine, but I really want the client working for which I pay.  I am at a loss.  Spent a few hours trying to get it to work...and I am stumped.  I can't see anything in the app to diagnose it.   Any thoughts?    Thanks in advance.  

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @bostonmark. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this issue, and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Troubleshooting:

Based on your message, it sounds like you have already uninstalled / reinstalled on your computer. 

Have you tried resetting the app data? If not, I would recommend trying this while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. The trace is helpful in case I need to share this with our engineers.

Go to the Pandora app and visit the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

++

If the issue persists, I can pass this along to our engineering team on your behalf. It's helpful to know:

1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left):
  5. Windows version & build:
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Let me know how it goes. Thanks for sticking with me on this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

bostonmark
Underground

Wow.  I wish you didn't hide that menu.  Never knew about the ALT command.   But thanks for the quick reply.  So I found it, and I Reset App Data.   Then I relogged in, and same problem   However, I think we are on to something.   When I choose Clear Cache and Restart - the app hangs.       When I do it again, it restarts, and a get a big orange header...

We're having trouble loading Pandora
Try disabling any ad blockers and refreshing this page. If that doesn't work, please visit our help page.
If problems continue, try clearing browser cache and storage by clicking here. This will cause a logout.

There is no app blocker...and it was working a week ago.     Any chance you see anything on your end?  

Dell Tower, Inspiron 3671, Windows 11 Pro, Wifi    
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bostonmark Just to clarify, you receive the ad-blocker error message when using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows? Have you noticed this error on your web browser as well?

Are you able to capture a screenshot of the error?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

bostonmark
Underground

I don't run an ad blockers or things like that that I am aware of.   Further, this error ONLY comes in when I CLEAR CACHE & RESTART APP - twice.  The first time it just sits there.  When I do it again, I get this error.    

However, I can get the app to restart.   Same problem.  No sound.  

image.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for posting this error message, @bostonmark.

I will need to report this over to our engineering team on your behalf.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

jdever
Local Performer

No sound on Firefox or Edge

No sound after Windows 10 install

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jdever I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

Does Pandora appear to be playing music, however no sound is coming out of your computer speakers

Or is the issue that when you select a station, it never actually plays at all?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

dbk777
Local Performer

am trying ot run on windows 10 desktop with chrome- nothing

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dbk777! Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're experiencing no sound on Chrome.

Can you confirm the Chrome version you're using? Also, have you tried any troubleshooting steps before reaching out? If so, can you let me know which steps.

In the meantime, would you mind trying a different web browser, like Firefox, to determine if it's browser related.

Thanks for your help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos