cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge #31: Time Capsule Playlist ‌‌⏳‌

Pandora

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 11.14.52 AM.png

Choose 10 songs that remind you of a certain time, friend, or place in your life. Feel free to share what the songs mean to you. 💭

16 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

1. Let It Snow (feat. Brian McKnight) by Boyz II Men (Holiday)

_500W_500H.jpeg

- This has always been one of my favorite holiday songs, and always brings about a warm feeling since I only play it around Christmas time. ❄️

2. I Just Can't Wait to Be King (From "The Lion King"/Soundtrack Version) by Elton John (Children's)

_500W_500H1.jpeg

- This was my favorite movie growing up, and still is one of them to this day. I remember my sister and I watching this movie over and over again because we loved it so much. 🦁

3. Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy

_500W_500H2.jpeg

- I remember being in high school when this came out, how viral it went, and how everyone would do the dance when it played. Good times. 😅

4. Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin') (feat. Yung Joc) by T-Pain

_500W_500H.jpeg

- Who doesn't love T-Pain?! He had the world in a choke hold during the 2000s, and I will always associate his music with those years of my life.

5. In Da Club by 50 Cent 

_500W_500H.jpeg

- Everyone's favorite song to play on their birthday. This song brings me back to many birthdays of mine where someone would randomly play it for me/sing it to me. 🎂

6. Trap Queen by Fetty Wap 

_500W_500H1.jpeg

- This song brings be back to a specific summer of going to various festivals/concerts, and seeing him perform this song. Always a good time. 

7. Say So by Doja Cat

_500W_500H2.jpeg

- This song always reminds me of the beginning times of us quarantining back in 2020. This song was just about everywhere during that time. 

8. Tell Me When to Go (feat. Keak da Sneak) by E-40 

_500W_500H.jpeg

- E-40 is real staple in the Bay Area who is a main factor in how our culture was shaped over the years. Growing up in the Bay during the time this song released is definitely something those of us who are really from there would understand. 🤟

9. Let's Groove by Earth, Wind & Fire 

_500W_500H.jpeg

- What's a family party without hearing this song played at some point? This song brings me back to many weddings, family reunions, etc where I would hear this song playing. 

10. Money Trees (feat. Jay Rock) by Kendrick Lamar 

_500W_500H.jpeg

- This is one my top albums of all time. This song brings me back to when I was lucky enough to catch Kendrick in concert at Staples Center in LA. If I could only describe in words the energy throughout that whole concert...

1_1080W_1080H.jpg Coal Miners Daughter this is still my mom's favorite song today, and it has been since she was a little girl, she said it reminds her of her upbringing. Miss Loretta Lynn passed away back on 10/04/2022. R.I.P Queen of Country Miss Loretta Lynn. 

2_1080W_1080H (1).jpg He Stopped Loving Her Today this song was my dad's favorite song, my dad passed away from cancer back on 1/24/2004. 

3. _1080W_1080H (2).jpg You Light Up My Life this song was my 3rd-grade teacher Miss Hoffman's favorite song, she made the class learn this song by heart, it was the first song I knew all the lyrics to. 

4. _1080W_1080H (3).jpg Sylvia's Mother growing up was my oldest brother David's favorite song. He along with my brother Donnie introduced me to music that was non-country. 

5_1080W_1080H (4).jpg Midnight Special this was my late brother Donnie's favorite song. CCR was his favorite group as a boy and was still his favorite all the up to his passing on 10/12/2019. 

6_1080W_1080H (5).jpg Faithfully for some unknown reason this song stuck with me after my first crush broke up with me, I was a freshman in high school, and I must have heard this song a thousand times before that but it never had meaning until that time she broke up with me. 

7._1080W_1080H (6).jpg Adagio for Strings, Op. 11 No. 2 (feat. James Fitzpatrick)I remember this song because when I was in Army Basic Training they made us watch the movie Platoon. 

8. _1080W_1080H (8).jpg Fade Into You is my third favorite song, I heard this on the radio one day while driving to work, I was listening to a 90's top hits playlist station. 

9_1080W_1080H (9).jpg She Talks To Angels this song was a favorite of a good friend of mine, and it also became one of my top ten favorites as well. 

10. _1080W_1080H (10).jpg Foolish Games (Radio Edit) this has been my overall favorite since June of 2013. There are personal circumstances that made this song my personal favorite. 

@Pandora great post as always, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

@AdamPandora thanks for sharing a little about yourself, take care friend, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska I loved your choices - those were super thoughtful!

I always look forward to seeing what your picks will be for each challenge. 😎

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love your choices, @AdamPandora @MOHLovesAlaska! Thanks for sharing a bit more about yourself with each song. It's so interesting how music can remind of us certain times in our lives. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

@AlyssaPandora you are so right my friend. Music can play a huge factor in the lives of many.

Take care dear friend, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here are my selections; and yes, I realize that they are very very VERY different, lol. 

Square Biz by Teena Marie

_500W_500H.jpg

I grew up listening to this song. It reminds me of being in the car with my mom and she would sing and dance. This brings back childhood memories. 

A Whole New World by Mena Massoud & Naomi Scott (Aladdin Original Motion Soundtrack)

_500W_500H-1.jpg

Similar to @AdamPandora I loved Disney movies. Princess Jasmine was one of my favorite princesses as a child. I even dressed up as her one year for Halloween. 

...Baby One More Time by Britney Spears

_500W_500H-3.jpg

I was in 4th grade when this song came out. I remember begging my mom to take me to the concert because of this song. That being said, Britney Spears was my very first concert ever. 

Dreams & Nightmares by Meek Mill

_500W_500H-5.jpg

I went to college in Philadelphia and this song was very popular at the time. Meek Mill is from Philly. 

Marvin's Room by Drake

_500W_500H-4.jpg

This song reminds me of when I was dating my husband in college. Drake had just released an album after multiple mixtapes. I still listen to songs from this album today.

I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco

_500W_500H.jpg

Did anyone else burn their own CDs using Limewire back in the day? Lol, this song reminds me of making my own CDs. I burned different CDs for different genres. 

Party by Beyoncé (HOMECOMING: The Live Album)

_500W_500H-7.jpg

Love this song. I was able to see this live at Coachella when Beyoncé performed. She's one of my favorite entertainers ever. If you haven't watched the HOMECOMING documentary on Netflix, I highly recommend it. 

1 Thing by Amerie

_500W_500H.jpg

This song came out when I was in high school. Amerie brings back memories of those days. I even have an Amerie Radio station on my personal Pandora that I still listen to!

You Don't Know My Name by Alicia Keys

_500W_500H-2.jpg

I grew up on the east coast and every year we would drive to NYC to see the Christmas tree and go ice skating at Rockefeller Center.  We'd go shopping, visit Central Park, eat at our favorite Italian restaurant in Midtown, and much more.  This song stirs up all of those memories because it was released in the fall / winter of 2003; and was on the playlist we would listen to during our drive. 

1812 Overture by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

_500W_500H-3.jpg

My mom loves classical music (well all music really). For the 4th of July, my family would attend an outdoor classical music concert performed by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra with fireworks. We'd bring lawn chairs and blankets, with the music playing during the fireworks show. The 1812 Overture is one of the pieces that was performed during the show. Fireworks in the park while listening to the orchestra was always something I looked forward to each Independence Day. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AlyssaPandora I love your picks as well.

And I'm so thankful we don't have to burn CDs anymore. 🤣

@AlyssaPandora thank you for sharing your great memories and the great moments that each song had impacted you in your life. I also will check out that Netflix show about Beyonce. I love her music, well, mostly that is. 

Take care friend, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Listener001
Not applicable

1. Lighters by Bad Meets Evil (feat. Bruno Mars); this song was released at the extreme height of my addiction, and it gave me hope!

fudgyduddy_0-1666031602260.jpeg

2. Everytime by Britney Spears; this song makes me flash back to the only man I ever truly loved--and some warm nights together.

fudgyduddy_1-1666031736224.jpeg

3. Where Corn Don't Grow by Travis Tritt; the lyrics really didn't hit me until my daddy died on January 21, 2021.

fudgyduddy_2-1666032066439.jpeg

4. Highest Mountains by Robert G. (feat. Kate Lesing); this song takes me back to a small gay bar in Shreveport, LA, having drinks with my best friend Jason - may he rest in peace.

fudgyduddy_3-1666032280977.jpeg

5. Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C; makes me think of my own graduation, plus the ones I've attended over the years - high school and college.

fudgyduddy_4-1666032415222.jpeg

6. Escape by Enrique Iglesias; takes me back to high school; I took Spanish through a tele-class, and my teacher introduced me to Enrique Iglesias' music. This song is probably my favorite! - in English, of course.

fudgyduddy_5-1666032578168.jpeg

7. Rock Me Amadeus by Falco; this song was on an XM station when I worked for my alma mater's campus bookstore; and I would've sworn it was saying "hot potatoes." 😂

fudgyduddy_6-1666032824014.jpeg

8. The Real Slim Shady by Eminem; I remember this song was released when I was in high school. We were on a bus going to Louisiana Tech for the literary rally... it somehow ties into that memory.

fudgyduddy_7-1666032973495.jpeg

9. Best Day of My Life by American Authors; I remember singing along in the audience at the Bud Walton Arena at the University of Arkansas; I was selected by my store (Walmart) to attend Associates Week in 2016, and the American Authors were part of our entertainment.

fudgyduddy_8-1666033152262.jpeg

10. Another Day in Paradise by Phil Collins; I was pretty young when this was released, but I remember it playing in the car to one of my many ENT appointments. I had sinus surgery and pneumonia pretty close together.

fudgyduddy_9-1666033309304.jpeg

@Listener001 thank you for sharing your music, and for what those songs meant to you in your life. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

TannerPandora

Some of my favs are from the 90's to early 00's - a time before adulting. 😭

1. The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly) - Missy Elliott

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 3.00.30 PM.png

2. Are You That Somebody - Aaliyah

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 3.27.52 PM.png

3. Crush on You - Lil Kim

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 12.37.34 PM.png

4. (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix) - Britney Spears

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 12.38.56 PM.png

5. Fantasy - Mariah Carey

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 12.40.22 PM.png

6. Pony - Ginuwine

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 2.59.13 PM.png

7. Whatever - En Vogue

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 12.42.02 PM.png

8.  The Boy is Mine - Brandy & Monica

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 12.43.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-18 at 12.43.28 PM.png

9. Hypnotize - The Notorious B.I.G.

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 12.45.24 PM.png

10. Ghetto Supastar (That is What You Are) (feat. Ol' Dirty Bastard & Mýa)

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 12.46.39 PM.png

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

@TannerPandora thanks for sharing your playlist, take care friend, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TannerPandora Those picks definitely brought me back 😂 - I'll be listening to some of those today. 🎶

Thanks for sharing! 

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

It's hard to think back and remember what songs were on my daily rotation, but here's a few songs that I always go back to when I'm feeling nostalgic!

1. God Must Have Spent a lil More Time On You - Nsync

nsync2.jpg

My sister was such a big N'sync fan, which eventually rubbed off my parents and me. I just remember the times during on trip to church or driving around to run errands, we would always pop this CD in our Nissan Quest and just jammed out!

2. Best I Ever Had - Drake

DrakeBest.jpg

After high school, this first Drake Single that was a hit took over my MP3 player. In addition, I saw my crush did an acoustic cover of this song and it made me like it more, wish I was the best she ever had 😥

3. Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

Wonderful_Tonight_cover.jpg

I fell in love with music because of my father, he was always a great singer and amongst the Indonesian community in Southern California, people would always request him to sing a song at a wedding or at an event. This song was always his go-to wedding song and I just remember my dad singing this song so wonderfully! Definitely will be requesting this song from him on my wedding day.

4. Summertime in LBC - Warren G/Dove Shack

summatime.jpg

Southern California summers are a little different than most places on earth, especially in the late 90's and 00's just by the feeling and energy in the air. BBQ events, family gatherings, hot days but beautiful nights, parties, finding a friend who has a pool and great music. This song always reminds of the summer days when I was a child of how carefree and fun it used to be!

5. Get On Up - James Brown

jamesbrown.jpg

This was my favorite Breakdancing song! If you guys didn't know, yes, I used to be a break dancer, funk and hip hop were my music of choice to get my body moving! I don't breakdance like how I used to, but if you play this song I might just spin on my hand for ya!

6. Breathing - Yellowcard

yellowcard.jpg

In high school, right after my class ended I would take my MP3 player out put my earbuds on, play this song, and start walking to my next class. This was my go-to passing period song when walking.

7. Scenario - A Tribe Called Quest

ATribeCalledQuestTheLowEndtheory.jpg

First time I listened to this song it took me on an audio journey. This song was created so well and the variation of vocals of these rappers made me love Hip Hop. Also, this was another great song that I like to B-boy (breakdance) too.

8. Misery Business - Paramore

paramore.jpg

This song was also a go-to song when walking to class to class

9. Sugar We're Going Down - Fallout Boy

fallout.jpg

This song is one of my go-to Karokee song of all time. Love this song and jamming out to

10.  Pump it Up - Joe Budden

R-4963657-1444561083-3471.jpg

Fast & Furious and You got Serve, two of my favorite movies that had this song. Couldn't go an hour without listening to this song. One of the songs that made everyone dance! Love this song and always helped when playing basketball.

Hoped you guys enjoyed my list! It's a little scattered but these were the top 10 songs that pop up in my head when creating this list!

Thanks for reading!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

@GeraldPandora what a great variety of music, and great choices as well.

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska