cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate stations keep getting created

tracy75
Local Performer

I listen to a station daily and every time it adds another station of the same thing.  How can I stop this from happening.  I just deleted 8 Soft Rock Radio stations from my list.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
16 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tracy75 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

tracy75
Local Performer

Everyday when my Soft Rock Radio starts, it creates another station.  So by the end of the week I have 5 Soft Rock Radio stations listed.  I only listen on a Windows computer using the website on chrome.  As you see below I have 2 Soft Rock Radio listed as I've been on here twice this week.

tracy75_0-1678288617229.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tracy75 Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

JosefR
Underground

I have the same issue, except it only creates one duplicate station.  The duplicates have different thumbs up or down listed.  I use Chrome on a PC for maintenance and mostly listen on Android phone and Alexa devices.  It's been doing this ever since I upgraded.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JosefR What is the name of the station that gets duplicated?

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing as well?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

JosefR
Underground

I just made it happen by clearing them all off on PC, then I asked Alexa to play this station, and here you can see that it added it right back, as soon as the song started on Alexa.

JosefR_0-1678396929253.png

Here are the details of both stations, as you can see, one has many more votes, but the new one that keeps showing up causes me to like and dislike songs on it because I am unaware it is not the correct station.

JosefR_1-1678397067283.png

JosefR_2-1678397104485.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @JosefR.

I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this as well.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

dblattpa
Local Performer

Also happening with me, it only added one duplicate so far. Just got a new car, and started listening while driving through Bluetooth connection. Android phone.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dblattpa What is the name of the duplicate station that got created?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

0 Kudos

dblattpa
Local Performer

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response. The duplicate station that got created was "Brad Paisley Radio", which I had initially created over 10 years ago. Unfortunately, I deleted the duplicate, so nothing to show you.

I can tell you this, though. Before I deleted the new duplicate station, I went in and looked at the seed info. What I saw there was several thumbs ups that I had given over the past few days. Not 100% sure, but I think the station may have been created when I gave the first thumbs up. I added those thumbs up to the older version of the station (on my desktop Windows computer, using Chrome) using the Add Variety function, and deleted the new station.

For what it's worth, I primarily listened to Pandora on my desktop, with very occasional use of my Android phone up until a couple of weeks ago. My new car (2023 Mazda3) has a Pandora interface as part of the infotainment system, in addition to Android Auto. I have played Pandora on both interfaces, but I gave the thumbs up while I was using the Mazda, not the Android Auto interface. The Mazda interface connects via Bluetooth, where the Android Auto connects only with a wire. So if I don't need the AA functions, I don't usually bother plugging in the phone.

I realize people are having this problem with more than just Mazdas, but from the little I'm seeing, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the thumbs up function on a non-phone or desktop UI.

Good luck, and let me know if there's any more info I can provide.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dblattpa Thanks for following up with those details

If this ends up happening again, please let me know before deleting the duplicate so that I can take a closer look from my end.

0 Kudos

sissybarker
Local Performer

Also happening with me, very annoying. I tried to remove them from my computer on my phone and they just keep coming back. Just removed 3 stations yesterday and had four duplicates this morning

0 Kudos

JosefR
Underground

@sissybarker Then why did you select the OP's complaint as a solution?  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sissybarker I'm happy to help look into your issue as well.

What is the name of the duplicate station that got created?

0 Kudos

Bil
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. I listen mostly through my Smart tv's, all LG. The duplicate stations are; 2 of Shannon and the Clams, 3 of Sun 60 Radio, 2 of Cinematic Orchestra, 2 of Lush Radio.They all have different playlists. I will do as one person did and take the thumbs up and seed them into to one station. In addition Pandor will add random stations to my collection that I didn't request or create. They are all generic Pandora stations; Black Music Forever, Pandora Meditation Radio, Top Thumb 100, Pandora Chill Radio, Chill Holiday Radio, Deep House Radio by Pandora, The Stak Radio by Pandora Indie, Reggae Radio by Pandora Reggae, Classic Gospel by Pandora Gospel. What I have seen a number of times is when I'm listen to a station and I thumbs up a song I will get a message that says "We created a station based on what ever song I thumbs upped". Pretty sure that is not supposed to happen. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bil It looks like you may have recently changed the email address associated with your Pandora account.

In order for us to look into this further, we will need you to submit a message to our support team here.

Make sure to provide both the email address your Pandora account is currently registered under, as well as the best email for us to reach you at.

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos